Lazarus

Looking for Some Plans for a Mineral Wagon

Hello All.

I am keen to make some mineral wagons for one of my sets, i am still not very good and trying to design anything myself yet on lego designer. I have see the odd pic around of a mineral wagon that i like.

I am after more of the old britsh mineral wagon look. And less the modem day looking ones like the old Blue lego one and the newer White wagons. I am making up a maintance train and keen to make about 2-3 of these what will have ballast in them.

any help or pics i could try and copy off would be good,

Thanks

Matthew

post-28748-0-37770700-1352400650_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lazarus

i just found this,

http://www.blokbrick...en-us/p108.html

looks spot on. to bad its 30euros just after the plans.

- also i have that truck so i might go over it and try and copy it a bit. looks like the wheel setup might be hard to setup nicly.

-if i manage to get a nice disgn made up i will post it up.

Edited by Lazarus

Blokbricks are really good and worth the $€ - you get a great service and parts really do look new. Im very satisfied with all their stuff

Postage Holland to New Zealand will be another €17 or €24. I've no experience with Blokbricks but I'm not sure €38 is great value for 187 parts. Reverse engineering the design shouldn't take more than half an hour and the parts can't be that hard to get down under.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

does seams a bit costly. they have a potion to just buy the manual. with post about 5.60euro so only about $10. Might be worth it, it is a nice wagon. with post for the whole thing is about 56 on cheap post that about 90nz alot for just one wagon. thats 1/3 of a whole set.

I think i have to top of the wagon down, building the base i dont like the one on this model. I like the base on Carl Greatrix. brown wagon model but i can see how he has done it.

i just found this,

http://www.blokbrick...en-us/p108.html

looks spot on. to bad its 30euros just after the plans.

Look again, the pull down menu is a little wonky. It looks like to order just the plans costs 4 euros.

A slightly simpler version can be found in 7730, the instructions are here. I'd suggest updating it a bit, e.g., using modern train wheels and couplers, and the much cheaper shutters that are now available. You could use 1x2 bricks with groves to add some side texture.

You might want to browse the thumbnails of the train sets in bricklink then search for the instructions on peeron.

My brother made a very simple one as displayed here. It's not as detailed as the ones above since it was designed more as a toy than a model, but it's so easy to build and can actually store goods without the inside being reserved for building techniques.

What i have made so far happy with the top part underside needs work but i cant get it right, not close to what i wanted at all. if any one has and tips for the underside that would be kool

not bad for my first try at something

coalwagon4.png

coalwagon3.png

coalwagon2.png

coalwagon.png

If anyone wants to download and improve.

coalwagon.lxf

What i have made so far happy with the top part underside needs work but i cant get it right, not close to what i wanted at all. if any one has and tips for the underside that would be kool

not bad for my first try at something

Nice work. Though be careful, you'll soon be building expansive trains (grin).

Great coaling station LT12v. It has a wonderful industrial character about it that reminds me of the coal industry here in New Zealand on the West Coast of the South Island. For a moment there I was almost tempted into abandoning my layout plans based on the branchlines and timber tramways that were here in the district where I live during the 1920s.

a full layout in lego that would be costly. i have botha N scale and OO scale layouts and i dont think they have cost anywhere near the cost of my lego.

a full layout in lego that would be costly. i have botha N scale and OO scale layouts and i dont think they have cost anywhere near the cost of my lego.

Depends what and where you are comparing it to. I used to have a German HO layout. My LEGO layout is far cheaper partially because of the cost of the German rolling stock and buildings here in Australia. It takes up more room though.

It depends a lot on what you're wanting to do with building a layout as well. I'm building a very rural line so it's not as if I'm wanting to build huge trainyards and and a bustling city.