kevblee

Medusheld, the Golden Hall of King Theoden

After around 6 months of work, the Golden Hall of King Theoden is finally complete. I didn't think we'd see an official one, for multiple reasons..so I decided to take a stab at it. My Custom Black Pearl now seems like a much easier design, as this was my first attempt at a modular build of a building, and not a fighter or ship. The roof is constructed in 3 sections, that lift off...the top, and the two side roofs. This allows access to a very detailed interior. My version is scaled down a tad..in order to put it on the larger gray baseplate, but I made sure the main details remained. The interior is loaded. It has a side room for the King's son to die in, the main hall with raised alter and throne. It even has a stool at the right hand of the king...for nasty Grimma. The alter has fire pots on both sides, and some flags in the back. Left side alcove has a small table for the king, and the main room has a fire pit, large gathering table, fireplace, and ale station. I will try to upload more pics soon!

cover1textweb.jpg

photo sharing websites

The side room:

poortheodredweb.jpg

Interior as you enter the main doors:

kinginhallwideweb.jpg

photo sharing

Bad Wormtongue!

Grimas_Dismissalweb.jpg

image ru

Absolutely fantastic work, and great pictures to boot! Love the effects, they really add another dimension to your already awesome moc!

Though... not a fan of your Eowyn figure, she seems... oddly chubby and weird to me.

Nice photo editing (at least I assume you weren't able to get all those effects just by taking pictures), love the architectural style you've used (though I know nothing about what it looked like in the movie!). Great job!

Beautifull im really impressed with how good peoples Lord of the rings mocs are now they access to some bricks and minifigures.

I love the effects too great job :sweet:

Very nice! Really a top notch job!

I'd been thinking about tackling Meduseld and I don't know if I should feel inspired or intimidated by this (in any case I'm clearly going to need more bricks...).

Congratulations on a great design.

:drool: That is just unreal. The photography is very fitting to the MOC, too - the last picture's on my desktop now. Simply awesome work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fantastic MOC. Like a lot of others I've thought about tackling this. Got hung up thinking how to handle all the horses heads in the architectural design. So I'm really impressed how you dealt with that.

great!

is it just me or are those eamor pants with green?

great!

is it just me or are those eamor pants with green?

Yeah i'd also like to know if its actually green

also fantastic MOC by the way

Edited by ramjarjamjar

Very cool! I would love to see a top down shot inside with all the roofing off. I also love the photoshop affects you added... for the most part. The ONLY ones I'm not digging are the first pic you posted, and the one you just posted, basically the landscape ones. The landscape looks really weird and blurry with your Golden Hall sitting on them. Maybe just use the backgrounds from these and cut them off at the bottom of your Lego MOC? Other than that the actual model looks amazing and I only bring this up because I think it hurts your model rather than help it like the rest of the amazing pics you posted!

Fantastic MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very real, the interior is very good as the exterior, with the outside photos you made a very good work with Teoden, the guard and Eowin :wub: :wub:

Excellent MOC!!! Highly recommend that you get a Flickr account and post these pictures there (and in the appropirate Lego LotR groups) so more people can see your amazing work!

Well done for digging up this thread Yan. I always thought it disappeared from the top page too fast.

This is an awesome movie realistic MOC with fantastic details. Clever use of dark-tan palisade stripes to break-up the brown. Love the gold trimming aswell. It would be great to see more pics of the interior, preferably on flickr.

Truly beautiful! Very good job. I especially like the colour scheme and the architecture. The interior also seems to be very well designed!