Catanas

DC Doodles - Superheroes month

Great work, Catnas! :thumbup: I really love seeing your designs. I don't know what it is about him, but I particularly like (and want :tongue: ) Steel.

I hope there is more on the way, even though this thread seems to have died.

Great work, Catnas! :thumbup: I really love seeing your designs. I don't know what it is about him, but I particularly like (and want :tongue: ) Steel.

I hope there is more on the way, even though this thread seems to have died.

Haha, thanks very much. I was very pleased with how Steel came out too. I was reading 'Reign of the Supermen' at the time and started to actually quite like him as a character. The only real time I'd seen him before that was on the Superman Animated Series and he was ok in that.

The thread kind of ground to a halt before November was over as I got distracted by many real life things unfortunately, and I apologize for that. I've been adding one or two where I can as you can see and hopefully will be able to throw a few more up over the next week or two. ^^Was going to bump the thread once I'd added a few more but you beat me to it. :tongue:

Wow!

As usual your new batch is awesome :sweet:

My favorite is the one of Steel and Metallo. I love how you made Metallo battle-damaged :wub: (as you probably realize, I love battle damage in general :tongue: )

Booster Gold and Blue beetle are terrific too! :thumbup:

Keep it up!

Regards,

Mitch

Please post when you upload a new drawing! I love seeing them, always make me want to draw but I can't. :tongue: Excellent work on the newest ones. I've only ever heard of Batgirl and I must say that the purple highlights are excellent! :thumbup:

Are you still willing to do requests? If so, would you be ever so kind as to do Clock King (based on this interpretation of the character shown below) please?

Also, I am highly looking forward to your next batch of drawings.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

I guess I am going to have to bump this again. :grin:

I really like the Rogues, especially Mirror Master with his gap tooth and cool helmet. :sweet: Heatwave seems a bit odd though, it almost looks like he has a nose. :sceptic:

Huntress is beautiful too, with the way the mask tips go through her hair and some wonderful printing continuing down her entire body. :wub:

Speedcat is looking good too. I think I like this redesign better, the colorscheme feels more balanced. I am glad you pointed out the background. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed anything at all.

All in all, another wonderful batch and I am glad to see that you have continued to make these, even if you don't tell us. :wink::grin:

Arr, thankee :) I was going to bump at somepoint, I promise! :look:

I see what you mean about Heatwave, another set of eyes is always useful, haha. I'll see if I can have a fiddle with him!

Huntress came out much better than I was hoping too which was nice, and I know it's a bit self serving to put Speedcat in there, but I loves her, so it's ok! :grin: I agree about the colours. I think I put the yellow in there before just to break things up but white seems to do that better. Come to think of it. Yellow belts are the in thing... Batman, Robin, Superman, Shazam, Flash, Aquaman, Hush..etc >>

Anywho, threw up a little preview of the next one for you!

Speedcat sighting! :grin: DC should really consider doing her character, does she have the Speedforce like the Flashes?

Love the LEGO building backgrounds. :thumbup: And of course, the new Flash Rogue gallery. Looking forward for your next ones! :sweet:

Hooray, new superhero doodles.

The Green Lanterns look great (LEGO really needs to make a Green Lantern Corp set) and although i'm particularly fond of your classic Supergirl this movie version looks good too.

P.S. You need to stop being so covert in posting new art. I decided to see if you had done anything new and found this thread on page 5. Perhaps when you post new art you should not only add it to the first post, but make a new post with a note that all of the art can be seen at the beginning of this thread. These "doodles" are too good to hide!

Time for me to bump again? :sweet:

I'm glad to see that you are back at it! Both the Flash vs. RF and Blue Beetle are two of my favorites now. :wub: The colors and backgrounds are just so great, and LEGO's Flash would have looked amazing with boots like that. Ah, well. :classic:

You have some serious talent here Catanas! Your depiction of the Rogues is my favorite of your bunch and must say I would love to see what you could do with Harley Quinn, or even better... Poison Ivy? This thread could have a million pages and I would still read through them all. Congratulations on such fine work.

Thanks guys :)

Time for me to bump again? :sweet:

I'm glad to see that you are back at it! Both the Flash vs. RF and Blue Beetle are two of my favorites now. :wub: The colors and backgrounds are just so great, and LEGO's Flash would have looked amazing with boots like that. Ah, well. :classic:

Haha, I was going to bump after I put a couple more on, I promise! I've started working a little differently as I'm sure you've noticed! Working on Zatanna at the moment among other things! And planning a special Batman thing for 75years!

Am also messing around with this one as I did this before my computer blew up and I got a new one.

marvels_by_pusskyfly-d78remu.png

Needs a bit of tidying up and a background haha. Black Adam also seems to look a bit like a Scooby Doo villain, and I'm sure he would've got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Thanks guys :)

Haha, I was going to bump after I put a couple more on, I promise! I've started working a little differently as I'm sure you've noticed! Working on Zatanna at the moment among other things! And planning a special Batman thing for 75years!

Am also messing around with this one as I did this before my computer blew up and I got a new one.

[THERE WAS A PICTURE HERE]

Needs a bit of tidying up and a background haha. Black Adam also seems to look a bit like a Scooby Doo villain, and I'm sure he would've got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Oh my gosh, they look perfect! Black Adam looks more menacing than ever! :tongue: I'm guessing the difference from the old ones are that the figs look more realistic and shiny or glossy. And I'm 100% excited to see the rest! :grin:

These are superb :classic: have you considered blowing them up into poster size and selling them on somewhere like Etsy? I know I'd certainly buy a few! :thumbup:

After looking at the various incarnations of Green Arrow, I decided to settle on the classic look. He is a great character and I have very muched enjoyed Arrow while doodling! I'm quite pleased with the pose and the face, and I also prefer how the hood looks compared to the traditional hat.

I love all of them but especially Green Arrow. I'd do unspeakable things for a classic Ollie Queen. I prefer the hat to the hood, but that'd be easy to fix if one ever came out. You do amazing work and this made me happy. 10/10.

Dunno how I missed the Flash drawing. It is great! Though I'm curious as to why you picked a black flash for the villain.

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here, but everything new since the last time I was here looks terrific as usual!

I'm not that familiar with (and/or that big a fan of) a lot of characters, but your drawing style itself is amazing too.

You recreate LEGO minifigures amazingly without making them look out of shape (like I feel is the way with some promo art, every now and then)

That said, your Flash vs. Reverse Flash and the 'Shazam family picture' are really awesome!

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks a lot guys. Just put up Zatanna for your enjoyment!

These are superb :classic: have you considered blowing them up into poster size and selling them on somewhere like Etsy? I know I'd certainly buy a few! :thumbup:

Haha, people ask me that stuff all the time, but my business sense is appalling :(

Dunno how I missed the Flash drawing. It is great! Though I'm curious as to why you picked a black flash for the villain.

Thanks! It's not actually Black Flash, but the New 52 reverse Flash who has a different origin to the other two. I just liked his strikingly different style. ^^

Wow, it's been a while since I've been here, but everything new since the last time I was here looks terrific as usual!

I'm not that familiar with (and/or that big a fan of) a lot of characters, but your drawing style itself is amazing too.

You recreate LEGO minifigures amazingly without making them look out of shape (like I feel is the way with some promo art, every now and then)

That said, your Flash vs. Reverse Flash and the 'Shazam family picture' are really awesome!

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks hugely. I do try and keep my figures looking near enough to the style and printing that TLG actually use. I do however take some creative liberties. ^^ Actually got me a couple of interviews with them but didn't manage to get all the way sadly. Will keep trying though.

I am not into super heroes at all, but something told me to check this out. I am glad I did. Awesome artwork, the figures and scenery are really well done. Great work!

Zatanna is fantastic! I want to try my hand at minifigure drawings but I won't make mine public because mine would be nowhere near this ART! :grin:

Thanks guys again :D John Constantine and Swamp Thing are up now!

Zatanna is fantastic! I want to try my hand at minifigure drawings but I won't make mine public because mine would be nowhere near this ART! :grin:

You should give it a go. I wasn't any good at first but I posted anyway! People here are nice and friendly, as long as you avoid sharing your opinion about comics! :grin: There are still plenty out there better than me too! But, always room for improvement!

Am also working on something a bit bigger for Batmans 75th!