badbob001

Ellie Phillips' hair piece from LEGO City Undercover: is it real?

There is a character called Ellie Phillips in the upcoming LEGO City Undercover game and I really like her hair piece. Does anyone know if the hair piece is based on an actual lego piece? If not, I hope they release a Chase McCain set that includes her (hair).

250px-Ellie_Phillips.png

There's that CMF Rocker Girl from series 6, I think it is. That's about as close as they currently have. But, since Chase McCain is coming out next year, theres a chance she might as well.

The Rocker Girl's hair does have a similar texture, but is too puffy (like a wig) and is missing the important side-swept of the middle bangs. I think I'll have to wait until 2013 to see if this hair becomes available.

Since mini-figures mostly have the same bodies, female hair is so significant in gender differentiation. Anyone else compelled to make sure their female minifigures look different from each other, such as with differing and unique hair pieces? Maybe my subconscious is constantly nagging me about the fashion faux pas of females showing up with matching looks.

This Friends hairpiece is quite similar:

92259.jpg

In my opinion, of all the Friends hairpieces, this is the one that looks best on a regular minifig.

It kind of looks a bit like the CMF surfer dudes hair mold, just mirror imaged so the part is on the opposite side?

L@go, thanks for the tip about the Friend's hairpiece. I have to try it out.

Faefrost, I never thought about using the surfer / skate boader's hair on a female, but it does seem to work alright. It does look the closest to Ellie's hair, but not quite. It would be interesting to see what hairpiece is used in the actual sets.