PsyKater

Wanted: Heroica Character

Dear people of Eurobricks!

I want to take part in the Eurobricks Heroica RPG and I am in need of a minifigure representing my Hero. I do not have the neccessary parts to create it on my own. As many people offered me to create it for me, I came up with the idea to make a public request. I ask you kindly to create my hero, based on the information I will give below. The background story is not done yet, but I will reveal as much as you'd need.

To avoid people being angry about me, I want to make some points beforehead:

• I would like to see different versions of my Hero of different users.
  • I will choose the minifigure I like the most. Please do not bother when I do not chose yours.
  • I plan on making it on my own as soon as I have the required parts (which could be early 2013). Please do not bother when your version is vanished then.

If you feel ok with the statements above, then please feel free to contribute your version(s) of my Hero!

So here are her stats:

Stigveladi
("Amma")
Kötturin

247 years old female dwarven
Cleric
/
Mage

Level 1

Power:

Defense:

Health:
9/9
/
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
hammer/mace/broomstick/staff
/
wand/staff/
broomstick
/dagger
WP: 3

Inventory:
Potion
Remedy
?? Element

As you can see, I am was not quite sure which Job Class to choose. Her outfit should fit to her Job class though, so you are free to think of one Job Class you would choose (I prefer Cleric and Mage at the moment). For the reference see this topic. So if you think another class would fit better, try it out :wink:

-> Now chosen: Mage

Some background info:

Stigveladi Kötturin is a very old dwarf (dwarfs don't get much older than 250 years in general). Stigveladi is a female dwarf which is not quite common (only 1 in 3 dwarfs are female). Most people do not notice that a female dwarf is standing in front of them, as they appear almost like a male dwarf. Word has it that sometimes even male dwarfs do not recognize a female dwarf. Also, the dwarven community tries to protect their females, so that female dwarves do not appear in public very often.

Stigveladi once was the well-known matriarch of the village she originally comes from. With raising age she became a very important person in her village and their leader. As nearly everyone was somehow related to her and as she was a very kind but still severe leader, everyone called her "Amma", which is like "grannie" in their language.

But one day something happened and the whole village turned against her. She was banned from the village because of these events.

After she had lived for long time on her own in the forests, learning more about the spirit of nature, she heard the news about Eubric and the gathering of heros up there. She decided to pack her back and join the mysterious forces of Heroica and see what adventures she will go through.

If you have any questions about the character, feel free to ask. Otherwise get started and let me see what your tremendous minifigure collection can produce. :wink::tongue:

Edited by PsyKater

Here she is!

The rest is up to you;

8164510676_7908964853.jpg8164477033_9cd32da973.jpg

Hope you like her! If you ever want an update just ask.

Edited by Skyrimguy

she would make a lovely match for my hero eheheh

Don't have my own to submit but I like scubbacarrot's best

I have to agree, even though that means I can't build the character.

Speaking of which, when are you coming back to Heroica? We've got three open Quests and a severe shortage of dwarves...plus, Waterbrick Down is planning a Quest around dwarven society... :wink:

Yeah, I also gotta give the prize to Scuba, though I like the whole combo that Skyrimguy gave to use, a lady dwarf without a beard isn't quite as exciting.

Any idea on what you'd like for the geography of her homeland? I've gone more with a cold/mountain feel, but you might want something a little different and I'm willing to give multiple shots at it.

Here is Amma, she is portrayed as a frost mage, mainly due to spending so much time around the snow and ice of her homeland.

8168526214_9cfd14990d.jpg8166070567_0eaa8039b6_t.jpg

Edited by Waterbrick Down

8166083291_b5ce44c01b_t_d.jpg

Had to give it a try. :laugh: Scuba's is far more dwarf-esque, though.

No, this doesn't fit at all with the backstory. :blush:

WBD's is cool as well, I've always dug that hat. :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

Many thanks for your contributions so far. I appreciate them very much. I'll try to give all of you feedback, despite the fact that all of you are much more experienced :grin::blush:

Etzel

I love what you did there, as your minifig is quite different from what I expected. Exactly for these kind of ideas, I started this request. You made some excellent part choices. The CMF Caveman beard is one part, I never had thought of using for my dwarf. I also like the colorscheme, you chose here. Though I looked through all the medieval torsos, this bright green torso did not attract my attention so far. But it would fit perfect to both the natural aspect and the possible Cleric Class of my character. Two other aspects I love is the potion in her hand and the suggested Super Hero Hammer. What I do not like so much is the color of her legs (unfortunately dark green short legs do not exist :wall:) and the face expression. It is to young for her. And somehow I don't feel, I see Amma while looking at this picture.

Scubacarrot

Wow, this is exactly what I had in my mind. This beard is my favorite dwarf beard so far (there don't exist so many yet, though). And I have actually wondered if the CMF Cavewoman's hear would fit to both the beard and the dwarf look. What I do not like so much is the face expression here as well, as she is supposed to be a rather old lady. What hammer did you use here?

Skyrimguy

Thanks a lot, some other very good ideas can be seen here. The helmet of the CMF Wiking Woman is a good fit to a dwarf, but unfortunately a beard is missing (and would not fit with her hair, I guess. Perhaps another face with printed beard would make this helmet possible. What I also love is the cape and the bag (did not know, that it exists in white). The torso is an excellent choice as well, as it is quite unisex but has a red bow/loop (what's the correct word?) which adds a little female touch to her.

Scorpiox

Thank you for that image. It actually made me laugh as it looks like Haldors smaller sister with a beard :head_back: . Joking aside, I am not sure if these hair fit so well to her beard. But I like to see the Thor's Hammer here on the picture. Could be a good choice for her as Cleric.

Waterbrick Down

As I just saw Flipz mentioning that you are planning a Quest around dwarfs I got very excited. And now you even contribute to this thread. Your minifigure shows some very interesting details as well, I had never thought of. Her hat resp. strange haircut fits very well to the CMF Evil Dwarf beard. I also love the torso. Is it from Harry Potter or from the Castle Theme? Equipment (staff for mage?) is also very well done and I love that you thought of fitting her outfit to her origins. I also like the face expression as it is not so happy as the ones seen on the other minifigures. Still I am not sure if an older face would match better to her.

As I was not into Fantasy until now, I know hardly anything about dwarfs and regions and everything. I have to look it all up now. I want to choose a specific region where she comes from but I did not know where I could get information about possible regions that fit into Heroica. Do you have any tips for me where I can find this information? Until know I thought of a moderate climate forest area. But a colder region could fit as well.

CallMePie

Your suggestion is very funny as well. The face expression tells me somehow that this entry is not soooo serious :wink:. Nevertheless I like the colorscheme here as well with green (is it olive green?) and orange. The torso looks quite nice as well, I do not recognize it, can you tell me which one it is? The ring on her arm gives a nice addition as well, but I am not sure if this fits to a dwarf as well, as I have them rather fat and somewhat ugly in my mind :blush::sick: No offense, dear dwarfs! :grin:

____

I am absolutely stunned by your feedback and your suggestions. I hope you don't feel judged with my statements above, it was mainly for fun (it is inspired by player feedback on Mafia Games :wink:). But those paragraphs might give you an idea for what I like and what I am looking for. Right now, Scubacarrot's and WBD's are my favorite, but I like some details from the others as well.

If you are still up for creating minifigures for me, please contribute further. As you may notice, I will add some more info to my character description step by step.

On another note: Aveal the black sheep, nice to see you! I wanted to read through Quest 8, to see how the only active dwarf so far acted on this quest. Do you plan on coming back? This would give some great role playing opportunities and it would make my decision what Class to take much easier. (see below)

While I see a lot of active Mages out there in Heroica, I tempt to choose this class rather than another. Originally a Barbarian Class would fit best to a dwarf, but I want to create something special. While a dwarven Cleric would be very nice, I feel that a Mage would fit much better to Amma's story. And as there already is a dwarven Cleric (which seems to get back) and no dwarven Mage, the Mage class is my top favorite now. If you have any thoughts about it, you can let me know as well :)

WBD, do you know when your quest about dwarfs is ready to go? Do you want any Dwarfs to attend it? If so, would it be possible to finish one of the currently starting quests (50-52) before the sign-up of your quest ends? What do you think?

Edited by PsyKater

Waterbrick Down

As I just saw Flipz mentioning that you are planning a Quest around dwarfs I got very excited. And now you even contribute to this thread. Your minifigure shows some very interesting details as well, I had never thought of. Her hat resp. strange haircut fits very well to the CMF Evil Dwarf beard. I also love the torso. Is it from Harry Potter or from the Castle Theme? Equipment (staff for mage?) is also very well done and I love that you thought of fitting her outfit to her origins. I also like the face expression as it is not so happy as the ones seen on the other minifigures. Still I am not sure if an older face would match better to her.

As I was not into Fantasy until now, I know hardly anything about dwarfs and regions and everything. I have to look it all up now. I want to choose a specific region where she comes from but I did not know where I could get information about possible regions that fit into Heroica. Do you have any tips for me where I can find this information? Until know I thought of a moderate climate forest area. But a colder region could fit as well.

The torso is actually from the Pirates of the Caribbean. Yes, that is supposed to be a staff for a mage, I've got a few older faces so I'll give them a shot as well. A lot of information about Heroica's history and geography can be found in the Library topic. Currently there has not been very much development done for Dwarves which gives quite a bit of freedom to players who choose to use that race for their character.

WBD, do you know when your quest about dwarfs is ready to go? Do you want any Dwarfs to attend it? If so, would it be possible to finish one of the currently starting quests (50-52) before the sign-up of your quest ends? What do you think?

My hope was to get sign-ups going by the end of November, but with the influx of quests being offered I might consider pushing that back. While it is not a necessity to have any Dwarves attend the quest, it would be awesome if some did! The quest will probably be aimed at players between level 5-15 and will be the start of a trilogy of quests dealing mainly with Dwarves on both Uland and in the High Kingdoms.

I used a Brickwarriors Hammer. The only older female face I have is: 3626bpb366.jpg and even then you can't see it very well, I think. If I were to make another version, what kind of weapon would she have to have?

Maybe she shaved her beard as a symbol of not being in her village?

I plan doing some RP stuff with not being recognized as a woman. So a beard would be great.

The only older female face I have is: 3626bpb366.jpg and even then you can't see it very well, I think. If I were to make another version, what kind of weapon would she have to have?

As I am most probably going for a mage a staff or a dagger would fit best. I like that face somehow. You could give it a try, if you like.

Here is Amma, she is portrayed as a frost mage, mainly due to spending so much time around the snow and ice of her homeland.

8166070227_ec7a3b9d5f_n.jpg

But you used an Aquamarine for the Gem isntead of an Opal, didn't you?

Edited by PsyKater

Well. What WOULD work is a brickforge tan dwarf beard. Truth be told I thought it was an option not an obligation. But the hairpiece works so well...... Beards dpo work with the hairpiece but not the huge ones. Waterbrick down has my fave!

But you used an Aquamarine for the Gem isntead of an Opal, didn't you?

Fixed. You didn't see anything. :wink::grin:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I'm really torn; Scuba's beard-hair-hammer combo is brilliant but limited to Cleric options, while WBD's really fits thematically (nice use of the cape, by the way!).

In terms of older faces, I really like WBD's design; true, there aren't any wrinkles or anything, but somehow this dwarf already seems older and sort of sadder than the other dwarves here. Remember, age is as much a quality of behavior as it is of physical age; Erdathcath's faces, for example, have both been used by characters who are very young, and yet her behavior indicates her centuries of experience. Likewise, before his untimely death, Arasmyth's minifigure form appeared old, but his behavior gave the impression of impetuous, impulsive youth.

WaterbrickDown, would you mind trying a more "forestish" version? I love the darkblue in your minifig, but I'd like to see a more green version as well. Depending on what I like more, I'd choose her origin.

WaterbrickDown, would you mind trying a more "forestish" version? I love the darkblue in your minifig, but I'd like to see a more green version as well. Depending on what I like more, I'd choose her origin.

I'd be glad to, I'll get her put together tonight.

Both of your versions look great, WBD, but I personally prefer the blue, ice-mage version. There's just something about her I like a lot more.

Out of curiosity, do you have a Garnet gem? A brown or black "underground" version might be a nice variation. :wink:

Both of your versions look great, WBD, but I personally prefer the blue, ice-mage version. There's just something about her I like a lot more.

Out of curiosity, do you have a Garnet gem? A brown or black "underground" version might be a nice variation. :wink:

Underground dwarves are so cliche though. :tongue: My current gem collection only includes: saphire, emerald, topaz, diamond, and aquamarine. I still need to get my hands on an amethyst, ruby, opal, and garnet, otherwise I'd give it a shot.