Sign in to follow this  
JeagerEX

Fake Collectible Minfigures

Anyways have you heard about some stores in South East Asia or any most countries are selling knock-off CMF series by some clone brands?

Where did you get the news from? Haven't seen/read any as yet.

By the way, I am in Singapore (South-East Asia). :wink:

The only thing I'm aware of is "Original Swop'ems!", which YouTube reviewer Ashens once covered in a Blind Bag episode:

I will add that the figures do come with some nice Lego compatible accessories.

Last time, I have a dream about that I went to the dollar store and I saw some LEGO CMF Series 4 in the toy aisle. Suddenly when I look it up, it doesn't made by LEGO, but it was made by another knock-off company (not Decool, BELA, etc), but its a new company in my dream.

After I bought it then I opened it, all the pieces are incomplete and bad quality and also the instructions is replaced by an offended message. Definitely it's not China's fault, but it is made from a kind of Warehouse in Mexico or etc then it shipped to any dollar store in US.

That's a kind of worst nightmare.

Edited by JeagerEX

Those swap-ems are pretty nice quality and the %100 compatibility makes them great for modifications you might be reluctent to do to actual LEGO product.

I have also purchased Cobi blind-bag knights, MEGA Halo and Power Rangers, Character Doctor Who and Deadly 60 and Football figures. (No Arsenal players though :hmpf_bad: )

The swap-em's were best in that I could get around six figures for £1 through a deal in the shop.

I'll have to look those up, I'll add in Cobi or other "fake" brands to fill in the holes LEGO doesn't fill from time to time.