DLuders

LegoMarat's Lego Technic 1988 Honda Civic Is DETAILED

8126406240_c04db45d60_c.jpg

In his Flickr photoset, LegoMarat posted 16 pictures and a Flickr video of his Lego Technic 1988 Honda Civic. The DETAILS are extraordinary :sweet: for a car of this scale! It has front and rear double wishbone suspension; opening doors, bonnet, & hatch; folding seats; dual overhead cam engine; and 4-speed gearbox:

8126378809_c6bcbcc783_c.jpg8126403672_ae77f37ef0_c.jpg8126401794_4dd01a4e54_c.jpg8126370713_84ab2c0a0f_c.jpg8126397250_a2813830c3_c.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Oh, nice. I like that window-shaping and the engine-compartment.

This goes along well with sheepo's mini. It proves that Technic cars don't necessarily have to be super-cars!

Oh, nice. I like that window-shaping and the engine-compartment.

This goes along well with sheepo's mini. It proves that Technic cars don't necessarily have to be super-cars!

Precisely, also the cars of this era were quite boxy so easier to model in Technic :wink:

For those wondering what the real car looks like (identical to the model pretty much by the way) here are some pictures:

http://hondaswap.com/attachments/8282d1218943720-picture-003.jpg

http://www.skierpage.com/civic/images/2oclock_low.jpg

As you can see, identical to the Lego model!!

Edited by legomuppet9

This is the first time I see dual shock absorber used this way. Nice work. Although most of the aesthetics are non-functional, I can't help but applauding the diversity in elements used. I see you used a lot of flex axles for curves and windshield. How rigid is the model?

NICE!!

I especially like the engine bay detail

Is that a little turbo i see?

This is the first time I see dual shock absorber used this way. Nice work. Although most of the aesthetics are non-functional, I can't help but applauding the diversity in elements used. I see you used a lot of flex axles for curves and windshield. How rigid is the model?

I had to use dual shock absorbers because turned out single shock absorber would not hold weight of the completed model. Using second absorber this way allowed me to avoid redesign of the front suspension. =)

Some parts of model are flexible, like bumpers and front part of the roof. In the same time the base of the model (stuff that in between front and rear axles) is rigid, since i used technic bricks instead of beams.

NICE!!

I especially like the engine bay detail

Is that a little turbo i see?

I was able to put turbo under the hood, as well as intercooler inside front bumper. But i failed to build full intake manifold and exaust. =(

BTW, my inspiration photo http://www.hondatuni...k/photo_01.html

Nice Car - CRX Please :laugh:

Here I was thinking Prelude Please!

Drove one in High School and still have it to this day.

Very nice detail but the battery in the engine compartment is on the wrong side of the engine :tongue:

one word: Amazing!

i love these kind of cars, dont get me wrong

it's easy have a "wow" effect if you build a supercar, with an usual car like this you need to kick ***, and hell yeah, this car rocks!