Indexed by Moderator

Hello Everyone

I would like to showcase my latest addition to the LBB fleet the Tm 2/2 class shunting locomotive, this compact modern design has been purchased by the LBB as part of a modernization plan which will improve the efficiency of the LBB network and provide a greater movement of freight through more frequent and faster services. The Tm 2/2 will take over the running of trip freight and branchline freight services that had ben previously taken care of by the venerable Tm 3/3 class shunters, they will also be used for some of the more heavier shunting duties which will allow for the redeployment of the Tm 3/3 locomotives to lighter duties which will help lengthen the lifespan of those 40+ year old locomotives. The Tm 2/2 are slightly shorter than the Tm 3/3 and have only 2 axles compared to the older locos 3 axles, the performance of the Tm 2/2 is however vastly superior compared to their predecessors with a top speed of 70km/h and a rating of 350hp these small locomotives are highly capable units that can perform a wide variety of tasks.

This MOC was inspired by a wide variety of small modern shunter designs from manufacturers such as Schoma, Stadler and Vossloh, they include the SBB Tm 232.1, Mak G 400 and RhB Tm 2/2.

8150379123_e2f9e35476_z.jpg

8150479482_a0208ea94f_z.jpg

8150411601_ea0f6b2aeb_z.jpg

8150413521_596828c571_z.jpg

8150441853_20626af8a4_z.jpg

very nice, cue little shunter! What train did you use as an example or is it just a custom one?!

very nice, cue little shunter! What train did you use as an example or is it just a custom one?!

Hello JopieK

Thanks :sweet: , the locomotive is a freelance design which was inspired by a number of actual locomotives which I named a few examples of just above the photos.

There are a lot of these little shunters at the moment including my own. They seem to be very under represented in official sets over the last few years. Here we have another nice example of the kind of thing I would like TLG to give us. Coupled with a couple of little goods wagons it would make a nice small entrance into LEGO trains.

Nice one! :thumbup:

The wheel covers are amazing and the ladders are amazing too! :blush:

Good work!

That's for sure, those are very, very neat indeed!

Original ones Steinkopf said he had a good look at ;) :

SBB Tm 232.1

Mak G 400 (that one I see quite often when going to work)

RhB Tm 2/2

After all... the aspects of all those are indeed very nicely modeled in the Steinkopf version!

Hello everyone

Thanks for all the comments, this loco was a fun build and it was great to try some different techniques with her especially with the side skirting and the buffers, I also enjoyed the challenge of fitting in a good level of detail in such a compact design and mixing in the features I like of the real life prototypes to make a convincing looking freelance shunter.

Thanks to JopieK for the links to some of the locos that inspired me, here is another link to the RhB Tm 2/2 Tm 2/2 120 des Rhätische Bahn

Nice one Steinkopf. You did a really nice job on the sides (covering the wheels). I like the logo as well and use of the white elements/railing. Well done!