:angry: don't dare you to give me false hopes! :angry:

I haven't read the facebook thing, but I doubt a Lego store in Costa Rica will open soon

but if it opens, depends on two factors: the sales that the lego store in guatamala had achieved

and the terms and and conditions of the contract that lego has with "La Univeral" ( :wall::facepalm: )

From what I've read, these monobrand stores are licensed by LEGO with an exclusive right to sell LEGO in a particular country using the design and fixtures that you would find in an official, company-owned store. This seems very similar to a franchise agreement that you would see in fast food, but perhaps with a bit of exclusivity added in so that whoever invests enough to open the first store in a country won't have to worry about LEGO allowing competitors to also open a competing store in the same country.

I think of all purposes these are official, although not owned by LEGO but rather their franchisee.

*oh2*:drool:

You are right!

It seems to have a low lego-store features, aka monobrand store... nevertheless, It will be a Lego store.

I only hope that they will have the "pick a brick" section

thanks for the tip! I'll be there on november 15th!

WHELP first time I regret not having a Facebook account. Already mailed my sister so she 'likes' it on my behalf. Anyone close enough to Plaza Escazu to go and check if any spot is being remodeled?

Initially I thought that best spot would have been the new Mall in Moravia (Lincoln Plaza), but well there you go: all novelty shows up in Escazu first.

These guys happen to get all the Lego lines Universal has all but ignored (including but not limited to LOTR and Monster Hunters), then they are my new gods. I don't care about the monetary backslash. Hopefully they are not associated with Universal at all.

WHELP first time I regret not having a Facebook account.

Same for me!... but at least, they give you the chance to participate in the "building the lego store" thing

the odd thing is that they open on november 15th.. thursday! THURSDAY!!!! ( :wall: )... at least, all the kids will be on the school! ( :laugh_hard: )... thats reminds me... That day I´ll suffer some kind of "unrest"... so I´ll not be able to work that day.... hahaha

Bad news everyone... The owners of this store are the Federspiel group and are going to keep the prices they have at Universal... :hmpf_bad: So much for buying Lego at a decent price... :wacko:

yeah, been there early, with Yawgmoth and Redcodekevin; the store is nice, beautiful indeed, more Lego products :thumbup:

I have to tell you that they anounced this store as the biggest one on latin america.... whatever that could mean :hmpf:

and yes... is owned by Federspiel group ( :wall: )... so thats mean expensive lego... for example.... the beloved White Cap Bay - 4191 on Lego shop@home its on $79.99 (in Costa Rica, paying the import taxes finally cost $97.44) and in amazon its on $55.96 (almost $62.46 imported in Costa RIca)... Well, in the new Lego sote (also in the "Universal" Store - owned by Federspiel group) its on $159.... yeap almost the double... :damn:

so Bricklink all the way

What a rip-off. At least it's a nice place to visit. I try to boycott Federspiel on Lego actually (since those prices are just outrageous). As if Lego wasn't expensive enough! I'm not paying double for an already expensive product. I'll just keep buying online, and hope that taxes won't get too high.

Well, Not everything is bad!, I have to tell you, for example, the collectible minifig prices are quite well, even in this moment they have the collection #7 in a 3x2 sale!

In lego shop@home, a single minifg, bring it to Costa Rica, (full and expensive taxes :damn: ) could cost about $10,69 ( :enough: ).... and you have it in surprise mode!: you want a pirates and BANG... the cowgirl! (nothing personal against the "western" :laugh: )

But in la Universal, you can have a single minifig you want (fingering the bag :pir-blush: ), by almos $4.... expensive yes, but could be the same price (or even less) than Bricklink

heavy sets could be expensive, but the little ones (the most little ones) are acceptable

I buy a complete CMF set for about $51 on Bricklink, final price. I get opened bags, but they're still new, and I don't need to finger packages, and I don't contribute to the evil empire that La Universal is. So basically, I get it cheaper than at La Universal, with no need to feel the bags. The thing about waiting for any series to go on sale, is that sometimes you're out of luck and demand is so high that they don't end up on sale... That's why I don't usually wait with CMFs.

What's currently the price in colones? I can't check it out myself.

The little sets are not that bad, but you're still paying twice the price for almost any of them.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE going to La Universal and seeing the Lego stuff, and I will probably love to go to the Lego store when I get the chance. However, I don't think I'll be buying much stuff from them. Is it true that the PAB isn't even functional???

$51 for the hole box... you get lucky!

I try to be just, I put the prices of the sets as you buy it on amazon or lego@home, bigger sets or little ones.

of course, "Briklink all the way" was the chorus of all of us!, even on ebay you could get some CMF cheaper...

If you like collect any minifig, buy the hole box isn't any problem at all, but I, as many Lego collectors, some CMF will not fix in our collection... topic or theme, so (and its nice) you have to fingering the bag

about your questions:

CMF #8: ¢1990 (yaep! dos rojos!), in Universal, Automercado, Cemaco also!.... $3,94

CMF #7: ¢1990 in Automercado and Cemaco.... 3x2 in Universal ¢1326,66 each ($2,63)

Is it true that the PAB isn't even functional???

:pirate_sad2: I don´t want to tell you the bad news! :pirate_sad2: (opsss I already told you!)

As I tell you before, the store is beautiful, as everything, they have good and bad things.... (not "Monster" yet :facepalm: ), but I have to tell you, I'll never expected see in a store in Costa Rica sets like the Town Hall (even if you have to pay more than ¢160,000 =$318) that's mean that, Universal realized about the potential market of the abandoned AFOL´s...

:pir_mad:But If they can read this :pir_mad: ... also they most realize that Internet brings to us cheaper lego so much before this new store... and if the sales don´t start well (or not as well as the they expect) is because there is cheaper Lego on the internet... not bad AFOL´s and TFOL´s in Costa Rica

any other doubt my friend?

Edited by Brig. Brick

$51 for the hole box... you get lucky!

Not the whole box. Just one of each of the 16 figs! Although I would probably love to open a box and keep all the figs for myself. :Compulsive minifig collector:

Edited by BrickHat

Not the whole box. Just one of each of the 16 figs! Although I would probably love to open a box and keep all the figs for myself. :Compulsive minifig collector:

(...) I can't understand why they didn't take Monster Fighters, although Halloween is already gone, and that might have been a motivator. Also, in the last years Halloween seems to have faded in Costa Rica.

they say that they will bring it on the next wave... yeah, sure.... as if the lego didn't perish unlicensed collections in a 2x3

How about they keychains? Have they got Star Wars, LOTR, and Super Heroes keychains?

about LTOR, only have a cuple of boxes, as the super heroes... (no batcave for example...)

keychains, I saw hagrid´s and Darth Vader´s, also clocks and lamps... but the keychais are in almost $10 (si, casi 5 rojos c/u)

(...) Any other interesting insights/pics any of you guys of the store? (...)

sorry, no pictures from me! hehe

(...) ... I WANTED to buy one of each, but I don't think I could find a way to take them with me home on December (...)

why not try to send by mail?... If you want... I'll give you mine P.O. box!.... (but with a little profit :devil_laugh:..... there should be some Lego Stores with brick walls)