Sign in to follow this  
nana

I found a mistake in the Lego replacement system.

In 10211 Grand Emporium, there is a White Plant Flower 2 x 2 with Rounded Open Stud, with part number 472801. However, the part number in the replacement system is 98262, which is solid stud flower.

My set has the solid stud flower. It can't be placed at the roof. I requested a replacement and still got a solid stud one. I'll have to ask them once again about it.

Edited by nana

In 10211 Grand Emporium, there is a White Plant Flower 2 x 2 with Rounded Open Stud, with part number 472801. However, the part number in the replacement system is 98262, which is solid stud flower.

My set has the solid stud flower. It can't be placed at the roof. I requested a replacement and still got a solid stud one. I'll have to ask them once again about it.

Usually when something like this happens in the replacement parts database, it means that there was an alternate part introduced in a later production run of the set. The reason only the newer version is listed is because they probably don't have an image of the older version-- only parts they have images of in their online database are listed. There is, however, a field where you can input the part number of the part you want, and if it is not listed a link appears labeled "Didn't find your brick? Please click here." Clicking this link makes a text box appear where you are encouraged to give the part number and description.

Also, it should be considered that you described two totally different kinds of part number. This can cause confusion, although here you are correct in that the two parts are different. The one you have in your set has the Element ID 472801 and the Design ID 4728. The one listed on the LEGO Customer Service site is Element ID 6000019 and Design ID 98262. Specify that you want 472801 and you should get the part you want-- if not, I'd advise you to send an e-mail or make a phone call to LEGO Customer Service instead of using their replacement parts form. For future reference, the six- or seven-digit part numbers listed in instruction booklets are called Element IDs, and the four- or five-digit part numbers molded into the actual bricks are called Design IDs. An Element ID specifies a certain shape of part with a particular color and decoration; a Design ID only specifies the shape of the part.

Usually when something like this happens in the replacement parts database, it means that there was an alternate part introduced in a later production run of the set. The reason only the newer version is listed is because they probably don't have an image of the older version-- only parts they have images of in their online database are listed. There is, however, a field where you can input the part number of the part you want, and if it is not listed a link appears labeled "Didn't find your brick? Please click here." Clicking this link makes a text box appear where you are encouraged to give the part number and description.

Also, it should be considered that you described two totally different kinds of part number. This can cause confusion, although here you are correct in that the two parts are different. The one you have in your set has the Element ID 472801 and the Design ID 4728. The one listed on the LEGO Customer Service site is Element ID 6000019 and Design ID 98262. Specify that you want 472801 and you should get the part you want-- if not, I'd advise you to send an e-mail or make a phone call to LEGO Customer Service instead of using their replacement parts form. For future reference, the six- or seven-digit part numbers listed in instruction booklets are called Element IDs, and the four- or five-digit part numbers molded into the actual bricks are called Design IDs. An Element ID specifies a certain shape of part with a particular color and decoration; a Design ID only specifies the shape of the part.

Thank you for your reply.

Lego costumer service replied me that they would send me the flower with the open stud. However, they didn't realize any mistake in their system, saying the part I requested didn't come with Grand Emporium and it was "one time goodwill gesture" to send me the part for free. I am a bit offended by this. If they really looked into my case and took a look at the instruction, they will easily find it's impossible to place a solid stud flower to the roof. I must not be the only one who encounter this problem.

Edited by nana

This same thing is happening to me! At first I just thought I wasn't doing it right but then I realized it's the wrong part! Used the online replacement form and the piece arrived this week and it's the same wrong piece! So now i have two solid stud flowers and no open stud flowers and I still can't complete my Grand Emporium!

This same thing is happening to me! At first I just thought I wasn't doing it right but then I realized it's the wrong part! Used the online replacement form and the piece arrived this week and it's the same wrong piece! So now i have two solid stud flowers and no open stud flowers and I still can't complete my Grand Emporium!

Sounds like it's something wrong with their inventory! For your and LEGO S@H's sake I would suggest that you give them a call. You'll find the number you need on their website when you change to your country, good luck!

I had the same issue with my recent Grand Emporium. It's quite annoying, but I found an easy fix. You can take one of the Technic half-pins and put it into the back of the flower piece. That can just slide onto the tap element used to mount the flower. It's not ideal, but I think it looks better in some ways.

I am just wondering why bricklink does not even list two different flowers. Could you make pictures of yours? How does the solid stud flower look like? Should it be a new part or is it a production error?

Found this thread while looking in the Internet as we were assembling the Grand Emporium on Christmas only to be stuck at the flower ornament on the roof. I thought it was just us being novice builders who didn't get the instructions. But the flower described by the original poster is the same as what I have in the set. Attached is the flower ornament, it is not a hollow stud as it should be.

I have ordered a replacement from Lego, we will see if I have the same experience as the others with getting the same wrong part.I am not sure if it is an entire production batch that is affected or just a few who slipped through the net. Nevertheless, I do think Lego should investigate as these modular sets are not cheap.

post-34844-0-59967400-1356456947_thumb.jpg

I think the problem here is that with the sheer amount of pieces and crap Lego has to keep track of there WILL be mistakes. No company could deal with it and make ZERO mistakes. So even though Lego is wrong sometimes, I barely care because it's a huuuuge task. And it's a business run by humans so they'll make a few mistakes along the way.

As for their response, I doubt the people who respond have the ability to respond in a manner you want very often. Full investigations of such things aren't always easy.

Same problem here. I got the set from a seller on Amazon for Christmas. I called LEGO and they are out of stock of replacement pieces but should have more 1/11/13.white flower.jpg