CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

I just noticed something really nice. Beorn's hairpiece can be used to build the Barbarian from Diablo 3 :)

The problem is that Beorn's face and hair are one piece :(

I'll only buy two Mirkwood Elf Armies, and for the rest I'll Bricklink the figures.

Edited by Moexy

If TRU doesn't want to sell the sets to me yet, can I use Store Pickup and then I'll be able to get the sets since I already paid for them online?

I will find out soon! I plan on picking up my in store pickup order after getting back from the gym. So I will let you know in about 1-2 hrs.

The problem is that Beorn's face and hair are one piece :(

Woah... Didn't know that :/ That makes Beorn pretty useless D:

I want at least two of Laketown Chase for the shield(s?) on the boat. I want to use them for an idea that my brother and I have. The problem is that the set is so costly.

I was able to order the 3 smaller sets on TRU's website and pick them up at my local store with the 15% off. The largest set wasn't available according to the website, but they had it when I got there. The manager did the override for me at the register this time, so I got to buy it. I just wish I had time to open them up.

So you were able to get them? I'm putting in my order for store pick up and I'll see if I can get them after work. I'll check back in with results.

I just came back from ToysRUs and yes I got them no problem! They were rude of course telling me about the pickup kiosk like I should have known it already. I entered my info and then I go right back around to services counter I started at. The lady asks if I went to the kiosk and I said yes, that it should be in process of retrieving the items.

Oh and I got a fierce flyer for $8! They were on sale for today only at that price, also they have some 50% off sets for Castle. I was tempted to get caste gate raid for $17 but decided against it. For a moment I thought I could combine the gate and tower with MEA wall. The colors may not work together well unless I add some grey to the wall and tan to the tower.

So in short I had no problem because it was already paid for, no questions even asked. None of the DoS sets were out on shelves either. So in store pick up is the way to go!

I have question for the owners of Laketown Chase: Are the guards arms metallic like shown in this image ?

10902171596_550f03fe43_z.jpg

Edited by Mr Breden

I have question for the owners of Laketown Chase: Are the guards arms metallic like shown in this image ?

10902171596_550f03fe43_z.jpg

Yep, you can tell in Just2good's (great) video review.

And another set review.

Yep, you can tell in Just2good's (great) video review.

Nice review just2good.

Awww, thank you guys so much. All these posts mean so much to me. :cry_happy:

And indeed, the Lake-town Gaurd's arms are metallic. Nice touch by LEGO, and I'm so glad we're getting a poly with him. :sweet:

I've seen your videos before and didn't realize it was you. :grin:

Wow, now that's funny considering my YouTube name! :laugh::tongue:

Just got back from my TRU. They were on the shelves, no issues buying them. I scored 79014. I'll see about a video/pictoral review. :sweet:

On the subject of the Lake town guard, I can't stop seeing those brown flap things as hair.. maybe it looks different in person.

On the subject of the Lake town guard, I can't stop seeing those brown flap things as hair.. maybe it looks different in person.

When I first saw it in person, I felt the same way, too. It has grown on me, though, and looks like part of the helmet now.

Finished Laketown Chase. This one is probably my favourite set of the wave so far. It just looks so nice, and has a warm, medieval village feel. And the snow looks awesome. Winter settings are the best in LEGO, especially anything Castle related. The boat is also brilliant, and would be perfect for vikings.

The idea of the Laketown Guard polybag makes me really excited. Its just a shame that the Guard didn't get a red/purple cape as well. It would look really great.

Am I the only one not seeing the sets on the TRU website anymore? They were there yesterday, but I just checked and they didn't show up.

Am I the only one not seeing the sets on the TRU website anymore? They were there yesterday, but I just checked and they didn't show up.

They're still there... :look:

DGA

MEA

LTC

DGB

Can someone who's gotten Dol Guldor Battle clear something up for me? I heard a few people saying that Azog and the SDCC Azog are slightly differen't in color, this one being more tan? To me the look exactley the same, anyone able to confirm whether or not they're exactley the same?

Thanks!

Can someone who's gotten Dol Guldor Battle clear something up for me? I heard a few people saying that Azog and the SDCC Azog are slightly differen't in color, this one being more tan? To me the look exactley the same, anyone able to confirm whether or not they're exactley the same?

Thanks!

If those few people are Brick Show, they're wrong. Don't take their reviews with a grain of salt since most of the time they have no idea what they're talking about.

It is the same exact color as the SDCC version. I just got the set today. :)