CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

Who are you replying to? It would be best to quote them, as a the conversation has strayed quite a bit from Orthanc.

Hi all, been reading for awhile but have never posted.

Anyway I'm someone who has returned to Lego as an adult and completely reimmersed into an old love with the LOTR line. I'm incredibly excited for Orthanc.

I received a Lego catalog over the weekened with a 10% off coupon good at stores through July 7th. Just wondering does anyone think there will be an issue and the coupon not being accepted if I try using it when purchasing Orthanc (I am a VIP.) Thanks.

Anyway I'm someone who has returned to Lego as an adult and completely reimmersed into an old love with the LOTR line. I'm incredibly excited for Orthanc.

I received a Lego catalog over the weekened with a 10% off coupon good at stores through July 7th. Just wondering does anyone think there will be an issue and the coupon not being accepted if I try using it when purchasing Orthanc (I am a VIP.) Thanks.

There will be NO issue, Bobby.

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Has anyone spotted the sets in stores other than TRU and the official lego store?

Has anyone spotted the sets in stores other than TRU and the official lego store?

Someone mentioned seeing price tags for these at Target, but that's just about it.

Someone mentioned seeing price tags for these at Target, but that's just about it.

Thanks, I'll have to check around.

No, I have only seen them at TRU and the LEGO Store. Interestingly enough, when I went back to TRU on Saturday, these sets were gone and there was no longer any shelf space dedicated to them. Also I have not seen the new Castle sets at other stores but they were still at TRU.

No, I have only seen them at TRU and the LEGO Store. Interestingly enough, when I went back to TRU on Saturday, these sets were gone and there was no longer any shelf space dedicated to them. Also I have not seen the new Castle sets at other stores but they were still at TRU.

On my second trip to TRU they only had a few pirate ships and one council set left, so they either had a sparse supply or the sets are really popular.

Besides Mexico, is there any other country where the sets still haven't been released?

The UK doesn't have them yet. :classic:

The UK doesn't have them yet. :classic:

Alas, It is true, Do you think we may get them on the 17th along with VIP Orthanc? As long as we get them before the Jor-els run out i'm happy.

I don't think the box art has anything to do with the sets in the wave. Like the second wave: why should it be the villain wave? With sets like e. Council and pirateship. Doesnt make sense to me. Or the first wave: the fellowship? Helms deep and uruk hay f.e. arent really fellowship sets.

Pirate Ship is an enemy ship. Emphasis on enemy. Council of Elrond even has the Eye in it. Also, I know Helms Deep isn't a Fellowship set but you have to admit the whole wave was focused on the Fellowship.

Pirate Ship is an enemy ship. Emphasis on enemy. Council of Elrond even has the Eye in it. Also, I know Helms Deep isn't a Fellowship set but you have to admit the whole wave was focused on the Fellowship.

The whole story is about the fellowship, the defeating of the evil forces and the destroying of the ring. But for your theory: Elronds Council would have fit perfectly in the first wave because this is where the fellowship was founded. Also what about the orc forge? Ideal "enemy"-set...

Edited by LegoThomas

The whole story is about the fellowship, the defeating of the evil forces and the destroying of the ring.

The Fellowship pretty much falls apart before the first movie is even finished. Boromir and Gandalf the Grey are dead, Sam and Frodo head off on their own, Pippin and Merry are captured by orcs, and Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn are trying to track them down.

Managed to find the new sets at one of my local department stores, so I bought the two smaller ones for the moment. The council of Elrond is outstanding!! The new arch pieces and the Elrond/Arwen/Saruman minifigs are fantastic!!

The Fellowship pretty much falls apart before the first movie is even finished. Boromir and Gandalf the Grey are dead, Sam and Frodo head off on their own, Pippin and Merry are captured by orcs, and Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn are trying to track them down.

The story is about the members of the fellowship and their mission. Even if split apart.

I think this is going off topic...

Alas, It is true, Do you think we may get them on the 17th along with VIP Orthanc? As long as we get them before the Jor-els run out i'm happy.

I'd like to think so, but sadly I don't think we will. I reckon we will get them some time in July, presumably the 3rd because that is when amazon says that the sets will be in stock. I can't wait for Orthanc to be released, 6 days to go, although I will struggle fitting it on my shelf, I need more room. :classic:

Now I am wondering where my catalog is?

New Hobbit trailer! Any ideas on Desolation of Smaug sets for this winter? I'm hoping for a cool Lake Town one.

Have you seen new hobbit trailer guys? Amazing! I´d like to know what scene we will see like lego sets. Lots of options...

There better be a Lake-town set, and some kind of Mirkwood set with Thranduil.

Yep, here is the trailer to the new hobbit film

I think it looks great and I can't wait for the new sets, they are going to be epic. :classic:

I was surprised to see Smaug already. Maybe that means that there will be Smaug merchandise this year after all. I was thinking they'd keep him under wraps all until december, and normally stuff gets leaked way before then (see: Tauriel).

I need it in a better quality though, with the poor color detail the entire thing looks washed out, and Smaug himself is a blob of red. A fricking huge blob of red though.