CorneliusMurdock

Super Hero Caption Contest! Week One

That, my dear padawan, is the reason why WE wear spandex and not jeans when doing our workouts...

Batman!!

You said a GENIE would come out if I rubbed it three times!!

Holy Polybag Batman! Why did you let him out?! You know he's only worth half as much outside the bag!

Oh Robin you know the bogey man isn't real, I know batman but this is the HULK, jumpatty jellacas robin lets roll!

I'm going to try something new here. We got a lot of entries (62!). I've made a poll for everyone to vote. I had to separate them into groups since the polls only allow 40 options. You may vote for one out of all the entries, not one from each group. Polls close one week form this post.

After voting, you can discuss all the captions here. Have fun.

EDIT: Okay, so it won't allow votes if you don't vote for each group. This is what's going to happen now: After 4 days, the top 2 in each group will be put together and we'll vote for the winner out of those.

A poll? Interesting decision, I guess we can expect some even results for everyone can vote for himself. The groups make it more interesting since you have to vote for at least two other entries. I'd suggest to make the groups distributions more even, to make it more fair like 21, 21, 20 in this example - maybe next week.

And I haven't mentioned it yet - I really love the idea of this competition, many of entries gave me quite a chuckle!

I'd suggest to make the groups distributions more even, to make it more fair like 21, 21, 20 in this example - maybe next week.

I"d made the groups before realizing that you couldn't just vote in only one group. Stupid polls. We'll see how well this works. If it does, I'm already planning on even groups from here on out.

The preliminary voting round is over. (Group 2 had a tie for second so I included both.) You may now vote for the winner from these entries:

1.) "He was right, Batman! I DON'T like him when he's angry!" by carlq

2.) 'Well it looks like Bane and Killer Croc had an interesting night 9 months ago." by Sam892

3.) "Holy limited edition Batman! This time the exclusive figures are hunting us down!" by tauntaunwampa

4.) "Dont worry Robin we still have three of our four hearts left." by The Joker1

5.) "These crossovers are getting out of hand!" by Capt. Redblade

6.) "Holy Polybag Batman! Why did you let him out?! You know he's only worth half as much outside the bag!" by Sizzle

7.) "Calm down Robin ... it's only the mini version!" by MstrOfPppts

Vote for the final round in this thread like this: VOTE: 8 by CaptionWriter.

Only one vote per member please.

VOTE: 1 by carlq

Edit: darn autocorrect!

Edited by Kristel

I vote for 6: by Sizzle

Good work everyone contributing and best of luck to the finalists. Yay, I made it to the second round!