Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

The Halls of Augmar

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that flesh works in my MOCs?

• Yes, Keep it going!
    • sortof, keep a mix
    • yellow forever and always

8127067415_7ee320ee4a_c.jpg

Hey guys! here is my latest freebuild, the halls of Augmar. this scene is placed deep under Mt. Augmar in the great dwarven city of Gnu'ur, just above the richest and largest mine in Avalonia. expect more in this direction! :sweet:

8134382728_0c7c4957da_z.jpg

8134355397_e36ca34786_z.jpg

Also I have been trying out flesh figs, please answer the poll (and no bias answers :wink:)

Enjoy! C&C welcome

Nice work on this one, the figures look great (despite the flest :laugh: ) and the pillars are very well done! :thumbup:

Really great moc, the pillars are great, but the base is awesom. As for fleshies, I really don't like the at all. I think LEGO can do just as good a job creating facial expressions on yellow heads. They just don't want to.

Ignoring the fleshie-ness, this MOC leaves quite the atmosphere. It looks contained underground but it looks like

it's in an expansive cave. Excellent job capturing that.

This is a nice enough build for what it is. The fleshies took me a while to warm up to, but now I use them regularly. I have been using the light flesh for my Nestlands Clans figs. Flesh and medium dark flesh are also useful as desert people. You just have to ask yourself if you want your figs to be homogenous or diverse.

That really great. Like a lot of people, I like the rocky feel of it. But I also really like the edge of the base. Masonry bricks and hinge pieces. Ill have to remember that.

I'm a little surprised that you didn't use a bat! That roof is begging for some bat action!

Thanks guys! glad you like it! I don't see anything bad about either yellow or fleshies, both are equally cool IMO, anyway the poll is equal at the moment...

I like the base and the roof, they are well created, I know it is a hall, but will try to build something more on the middle to equilibrate roof and floor, but that is just nitpicking.

About fleshies I really see them as an opportunity storytelling, I like them.

Your base is excelent! I like fleshies, and have never had a problem using them, why limit yourself?

Looks great LD! I really like the rockwork on the ceiling of the cave in this build. The pillars make a good man-made(or dwarf-made) contrast. And yes, I like to use Fleshies at times as well!

Your base is excelent! I like fleshies, and have never had a problem using them, why limit yourself?

Looks great LD! I really like the rockwork on the ceiling of the cave in this build. The pillars make a good man-made(or dwarf-made) contrast. And yes, I like to use Fleshies at times as well!

All you have to do is look at you two's avatars. . . :tongue::laugh:

Very good work, in particularly the roof :thumbup: :thumbup:

All you have to do is look at you two's avatars. . . :tongue::laugh:

Good point! I didn't even notice that :blush:

A great border around the moc! I love the brick brick for sure!

The pillars are really nice and the rocks on top is very nice!

Yellow forever! :tongue: (maybe I change my mind next year, but for now it feels like it's not the real deal!)

As said on flickr, great rockwork! :classic:

thanks! t'is strange, comments are leaning heavily on yellow, yet flesh is winning on the poll...

My cents.. I really don´t like the fleshies! In my own mocs that is!

But in yours I think they are nice! That´s why I will vote that they work in your mocs but my personal opinion is that the yellow ones are better!

Edit: Ah, of course almost forgot! I´m not a big fan of mixing these combos though! Either it´s fleshies or yellow! :classic:

Edited by de Gothia

Nice work on this! I like the pillars and the base, and the roof works well too. I also like the torches, and of course your photoshop work really adds to your work. Good job!