Sign in to follow this  
Hobbestimus

GI Joe/Cobra Vehicles

I know Kre-O has a GI Joe line coming out, but I wanted to try my hand at some Lego versions of my favorite GI Joe vehicles.

Cobra CLAW:

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

And the FANG:

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

And the Ferret:

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

And a place to park them all at base:

IMG_4513.jpg

And, not to be outdone, GI Joe's got a Sky Hawk to do battle with:

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

Comments and critiques appreciated.

I'm digging the Fang and the Skyhawk. I'm going to have to steal those designs.

Steve

Awesome!

On the side: Kre-O will be releasing GIJoe sets. It's not Lego, it's not your MOCs, but it's GIJoe ;)

Way cool. I have been pondering a skyhawk for a while. I really like your use of the green stretchers. I would suggest larger engines which rotate.

Way cool. I have been pondering a skyhawk for a while. I really like your use of the green stretchers. I would suggest larger engines which rotate.

Yeah, I struggled with fitting in larger engines. I settled for this, but I'll probably revisit someday.

I love these. I want to make my own custom Cobra. What did you use for the head.

The cobra head is a pretty simple build:

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

Oh man, these bring me back. Good job! My favorite is the Ferret (didn't even know it was called that), which I always loved playing with myself. I particularly used it with those two twins, whats-their-names....

Where did you get the stickers?

I'm loving it! GI-JOE A Real American Hero!

Those definitely look like some of the vehicles and figures from the old action figure line/Cartoon.

Keep up the good work!

"....now you know, and knowing is half the battle!" (The other half the battle is red lasers and blue lasers)

Dreadnok Swamp Base!

IMG_4645.jpg

Okay, so this is basically just a Tower Takedown on top of a Robbers Hideout...but I felt like both sets already captured something of the Dreadnok aesthetic. So I ran with it.

Anyway, there's a dock for...you know, docking stuff:

IMG_4646.jpg

And a camouflaged tower for communications and world domination radar activities - connecting to laser satellites and what-have-you:

IMG_4644.jpg

Zartan can park his Swamp Skier in the poorly lit interior of the cabin:

IMG_4642.jpg

And then ride it out into action:

IMG_4643.jpg

Edited by Hobbestimus

Yay... this Dreadnoks hideout really makes me to scream for this theme to be made :laugh:

Zartan looks great, same with his Swamp Skier :thumbup: I also like Spirit very much :thumbup:

Sky Hawk is little bit different than the original one but guess you coudln't make it the other way.

Is that Roadblock over there? He's never used his helmet in action :wink: I had him in Tiger Force version - looked nicer that way. Those early figures were very dark in appearance. :wink:

I remember that I started thinking of Lego G.I.Joe as soon as they adopted Star Wars.

Guess that there's a lot of vehicles that would be very easy to make - like RAT/PACs or Water Moccasin or my favorite HAVOC. Yay... I want a Raider! :wub:

Edited by Mazin

:thumbup: those were great... I'd love to get all of these commercials somewhere... they could at them as a bonus on dvd

It's funny that these short toy commercial had actually better animation the sunbow show itself, same with later animations for comic books :sweet:

and there's still a lot of weird differences between those animations and toys or sunbow series - like some color changes and voices :laugh:

anyway... good job on adopting this commercial... :thumbup:

hopefully you'll do some of the cartoon intros moments too :wink::sweet: