LEGO Train 12 Volts

MOC: BR 22-012

It just gets better and better. What an amazing locomotive build, - I watched the videos and was seriously impressed at how well it could run on L track curves.

Dear LEGO Train 12 Volts,

I like your BR22 a lot and the piping adds additional realism to the train.

My main question in regards to the piping is why it bends downwards when it comes closer to the cabin?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Why do you have to make me so Jealous!? :wub_drool: You have some really great designs and you are very creative (cutting pieces and putting pieces just right for details) and I just hope to see instructions one day for all your BR locos :wink: .

Great Job,

Rail Co

As some one who has attempted building a working Walschaerts valve gear I really appreciate the engineering that went into your model. I don't personally like to use modified parts if I can help it but your engine makes a pretty strong case for their use. It's a joy to see that valve gear in motion. The rest of the engine is pretty sweet as well. Nicely done!

Cale

It just gets better and better. What an amazing locomotive build, - I watched the videos and was seriously impressed at how well it could run on L track curves.

Thanks again Locomotive Annie :classic:

Dear LEGO Train 12 Volts,

I like your BR22 a lot and the piping adds additional realism to the train.

My main question in regards to the piping is why it bends downwards when it comes closer to the cabin?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks Teddy for the compliments and thanks for notice that rigid hose ...I will fix it! :wink:

Why do you have to make me so Jealous!? :wub_drool: You have some really great designs and you are very creative (cutting pieces and putting pieces just right for details) and I just hope to see instructions one day for all your BR locos :wink: .

Great Job,

Rail Co

Thank you very much Rail Co. I hope your wishes about the instructions come true :laugh:

Have_to_agree_this_looks_fantastic!

I'm glad you like it Hrw-Amen! :blush:

As some one who has attempted building a working Walschaerts valve gear I really appreciate the engineering that went into your model. I don't personally like to use modified parts if I can help it but your engine makes a pretty strong case for their use. It's a joy to see that valve gear in motion. The rest of the engine is pretty sweet as well. Nicely done!

Cale

Hi Cale thanks a lot for your compliments and for your amazing link: I like your compact design! :thumbup:

Simply fantastic, the piping is just icing on the cake (incredibly detailed icing that is)

Thanks Zephyr1934

I cannot wait any longer for your new piston rods! :excited:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Cale

Cale, your Pennsylvania Pacifics are beautiful. And there was even video of them double-heading on your Flickr pages :sweet::wub::excited:

Wow, that's a great steamer! Any chance you have made instructions (and part list) for this? If so, I'd like to buy it.. :) great work!

Wow, that's a great steamer! Any chance you have made instructions (and part list) for this? If so, I'd like to buy it.. :) great work!

a verry nice mechanism

:thumbup:

It seems that the BR22 is living a second youth :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words ...I hope one day to publish official instructions!

So.. How much $$ do you want for the complete instructions? :wub: I bet this would be popular on Bricklink "custom instructions for sale"......

Brick on!

Oh my goodness! Those locomotives are simply beautiful! And there is no problem when they are on curcy track? Can they go through curves? And how fast are they actually?

Edited by legotrainfan

I saw your video of the valve gear and I directly started building my own and now that I saw you used some costum pieces I thought that's why that sticks out but great locomotive looks very smooth

May I ask what are those pieces that connect the wheels to the wire-rods? Techic or mindstorms elements?

May I ask what are those pieces that connect the wheels to the wire-rods? Techic or mindstorms elements?

They are "flex" items, originally Technic indeed (from the ninetieth I think).