Sign in to follow this  
Paul202

L and Servo motor replacement models

I am building a BTR-80, an 8x8 vehicle. Since it is a fast vehicle, I want to have moderately high speed, but I also need enough torque to drive all 8 wheels. Becasue of my situation, I just ordered the 4x4 crawler frm Bricklink, and I plan to use both L motors with an adder to power the vehicle. However, I don't want to wait until my 4x4 crawler gets here from Denmark, so I was wondering if anybody had any substitution of parts I could use for the L and servo motors to make sure I have enough space to fit it in my model when the motors arrive.

Edited by Paul202

If you use SR3D or MLcad you can download the new PF components here. :classic:

Well unfortunately I am not designing the model using MLcad or LDD, but instead I am trying to build it in real life. I can make a fairly similar replica myself, but I was hoping that someone might have had a self made replacement that includes all of the pinholes.

Saberwing40k made a LDD File of the Lego Power Functions L-motor and Servo-motor, and posted it here. You can see how he built up the equivalent pinhole locations:

servo_lmotors.png

Im waiting for the new servo motor to be re leased. But no way am i buying the 4 x 4 to get them. Just wish Lego would re lease them now. Till then me truck building is on hold :angry:

@ Tacker: Since The Lego Group won't sell individual Power Functions Servo Motors until March 2013, you could get one from Bricklink. It's Bricklink Part 99498c01, "Light Bluish Gray Electric, Motor 9V Power Functions Servo with Dark Bluish Gray Bottom".

99498c01.jpg

The Power Functions Large Motor won't be sold individually by TLG until March 2013 either, so consider getting some from Bricklink too. It's Bricklink Part 99499c01, "Electric, Motor 9V Power Functions L with Dark Bluish Gray Bottom."

99499c01.jpg