Sign in to follow this  
aquapuke

[WIP] Mini medieval diorama

Hello, long time no see!

I've found some time to build and I've started to build 6 plate mini diorama revolving around the house I've had in my mind for a while. So far I've managed to build most of the house and some landscape (pictures some other time).

Here are a few pics of progress.

kuca1v.jpg

kuca2g.jpg

kuca3.jpg

kua4.jpg

There is still much work to do, I'm still not entirely sure how to finish the tower and I plan to add some details. Some parts I don't really like that much, but right now I can't help it (roof), but all in all I'm satisfied.

C&C are welcome! Bye for now!

Great start. The tower is stunning. I love the vine / plant growing on it. :wub:

I like the house too, particularly the colour combination and that it melds into the tower. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the red in the roof

The only thing I'm not so sure about is the red in the roof

Yup, I agree and I have changed it after I've took the pictures. I removed most of the red, except the part where roofs connect, since I don't have black roof connectors.

I love The Tower. I see you have read derfel Cadarn's tutorial? I cant wait to see pics of the landscape with the building!

The tower looks amazing and I like the sand green SNOT water.

I know this is WIP, I imagine your next move will be to build up the flat green baseplate areas to add detail and texture? The whole scene will be improved once you do.

Great job so far - it really has potential. What I like most are the windows (especially the reversed ones on top of the normal ones) and the vertical use of the plants.

Thank you very much on the comments!

What I like most are the windows (especially the reversed ones on top of the normal ones) and the vertical use of the plants.

Yeah, it bothered me quite a while how to make oval window frame that looks natural and how to avoid gaps those little windows tend to make. Although, I'll try to put black latices on windows instead of gold ones, it might look better..

Hopefully, I'll make some more progress this week and post some more pictures.

Really nice :thumbup: :thumbup:

Simple and small but detailed :wink:

That is absolutely a great start! The houses are well designed and the tower is excellent with the vegetation on it!

What fantastic start to a MOC! I agree with others...The tower is great, and DC's Guide inspired many wonderful medieval MOCs. The plants around the tower give a great effect. And use of plates and mostly 1x1 round plates is great for a curved walls.

For the roof, I'd go with red/dark red combination, with majority in dark red, or the other way around db grey/black. It would give more texture. Wonder what it looks like now.

Yup, I agree and I have changed it after I've took the pictures. I removed most of the red, except the part where roofs connect, since I don't have black roof connectors.

The windows are amazing. Great way to position them upside-down to cover the gaps. Although, I like them with gold lattice, I think it goes well with reddish brown and tan.

Great job so far - it really has potential. What I like most are the windows (especially the reversed ones on top of the normal ones) and the vertical use of the plants.

Looking forward to see more from you. :thumbup:

Love that tower! the vines look really well done, is there any interior details in the house?

Love that tower! the vines look really well done, is there any interior details in the house?

Not at this moment, but I hope that after I'm done with landscape and everything else, I'll build interior. Only tricky part will be making floors in the tower, but I'll think something up .

What about those rounded Corner trangle type bricks, 2 flat edges and a rounded side? 4 of those with some bricks to make it to size could allow for easy flooring.

Hello again! Here are a few pics of progress:

37039252.jpg

24250057.jpg

86516103.jpg

45617527.jpg

Keep in mind that even things that look finished, are not. I constantly change details and add and remove them. There are no vines on the tower at the moment, since the sometimes get in the way, but I'll put them back later. So much for now. Thanks again for comments and constructive ideas!

I liked the gold in the windows much more than the current black you have, it made them pop a lot more. I also think the roof still looks kind of odd with the red only being in the corner and in a few other spots throughout the roof. I'm not sure all black would help much either because it seems so stark, maybe a different color completely? Or if you do use black, maybe make a trim around the roof top, sides, and bottom to make it stand out more?

As for the other additions, I am totally digging the well/water fountain, the swampy area in the back with all the vegetation, and the new court with the statue. When you add the vines back in going up the tower I think this part of the MOC will look even more AMAZING!

I liked the gold in the windows much more than the current black you have, it made them pop a lot more. I also think the roof still looks kind of odd with the red only being in the corner and in a few other spots throughout the roof. I'm not sure all black would help much either because it seems so stark, maybe a different color completely? Or if you do use black, maybe make a trim around the roof top, sides, and bottom to make it stand out more?

Yeah, I see your point, Red/black roof came out of shortage of other roof colors, and I have a problem with connecting those two roof parts together in different techniques. I'll try to put all red roof and see how that works out. Thanks!

Looks great so far, I have to agree with Deathleech about the red but the well especially looks fantastic! And I'm loving that round tower! :wub:

Hello again,

The house is finally finished, I have changed quite a few things, now I'll start doing landscape, since I didn't really like original idea all that much. Few pics for now:

img2149i.jpg

img2163pd.jpg

img2151lx.jpg

img2155ev.jpg

Goodbye for now!

So...many...rounds...:oh:

Thisbis looking fantastic! The ivy going up the tower looks very realistic, it looks as though it actually grew up around it. That little fountain is neat, nice piece usage for the tiny waterfall. Great work. I look forward to the next update.

Wow! This looks great! Where did you get all the 1x1s? Bricklink? PAB? :sweet:

Oh my goodness! Can I shrink myself and live inside?

This 'ultra-detailed micro' style of building is still kind of new to me, but I really like the direction you've taken the house in. The fountain out front is an especially great touch.