gerkenz

Little minifig macro fotoshooting....

Hi,

I just tested my new cam with some beautifull space minifigs. :-)

If you like to see some picures of your favorite Minifig, just post which one you wanna see...

8128995583_eb28b25daa.jpg

PA280213 by gerkenz, on Flickr

Edited by gerkenz

Camera looks good.

Though I have to question your need to have the Human shoot the Alien.

In this day an age, in equal opportunity galaxy you'd think the Queen could be the one shooting :wink:

Nice shots/compositions. This makes me want to hook up my marco lens, I've done all my lego photos with my 'walking' around lens, mainly because I'm too lazy to set up the tripod and my macro isn't imaged stabilized.

yes...I got a new lens and I made some minifig tests....will soon add more pictures.. :wink:

Good job eliminating glare :]

And just a reminder for anyone new to photographing things, you don't need a macro lens to take close up shots, you can use a telephoto lens and just zoom in from farther away.

wich camera is it because i also want to invest in a camera to get better pictures

wich camera is it because i also want to invest in a camera to get better pictures

The camera isn't important, most modern cameras, even cheap point-and-shoots, do a good job. You only need a fancy DSLR camera with interchangeable lenses if you're a professional photographer or want certain effects. (a macro lens will generally take better close-up pictures than a zoom lens)

-Get a camera that lets you use manual settings and learn what the settings do. Focus on learning what ISO, Macro, and Exposure are. Also learn a little about Depth of Field, just so you understand how F-stops and Focusing work. (higher F-stop means more items in the picture are in focus, lower F-stop means less items are in focus.)

-Get a tripod so yo can use the timer feature on the camera (so your hands don't shake and get a blurry picture). Get one for like $5.

-Set up a place to take pictures, there are lots of tips online to make a cheap lightbox. You can make one for like .33 cents and it doesn't even have to be a box lol. Just get a big sheet of paper and rest it on a table against the wall, tape it down if you have to. Put your figures on it, then aim at least two lamps at the scene from different directions and move them around as needed for the lighting effect you want.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire