Sign in to follow this  
RaincloudDustbin

Red Dwarf X (10) Discussion

Re-post. General Red Dwarf Discussion.

Series X is so far, in my opinion, fantastic. It is filmed in front of a live studio audience which is always better and the stories are decent...so far.

They are so good, shame there's only two left.

They really feel like a continuation from series 6 ignoring 7, 8, and 9.

Well, as I said before this topic was lost; I was really looking forward to this series and always knew its was going to be good :laugh: . Seriously, I've been forced to eat my words, I'm pleasantly surprised at how good this series has been. I don't think it's captured the hilarity of some of the very early episodes but has certainly been a vast improvement over later shows - I've found myself watching in a constant state of mild amusement (more than you can hope for in most modern British sit-coms) and even found myself laughing-out-loud... "Are Chinese whispers racist?..."

I previously said that they should leave Red Dwarf well alone, now I hope they make more!

To me it feels like they're back on Starbug again. Has been fairly good so far, but then at times it has the "all Doug, no Rob" (I mean that you can tell it's not a collaboration, but also some of the jokes are predictable) feel about it that later series had sometimes. I think the jokes & material were over-all better when the 2 of them were both working on it.

This series is still pretty good though.

Wow! What a great episode, Rimmer shines through there.

Drinking game, for every ESB homage :laugh:.