Sign in to follow this  
brickingbad

Framing a Lego Mosaic

Hi, I've built a Lego mosaic on 6 baseboards. Now I need a way to keep them all together and frame the entire thing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about doing this?

Hi

I am a Mosaic expert myself too.

I have assembled my Mosaics in what we call "Platex" surfaces. I believe the english term for that is pressboard. But I may try soon on wood surfaces because those are probably more resistent.

I have not framed any of my Mosaics. They are sitting in my LEGO basement, simply covered in plastic to avoid dust.

The obvious solution is a regular photo frame with glass. Yes, it has a lot of reflection , but let's think : acrylic or non-reflective glass will just cost you enough to buy a whole lot of LEGO!!

It's not like you will have your Mosaic at a art exhibition with people starting all the time, so the reflection maybe the least of your problems. It's really your call.

I know I have not been very helpfull. To be honest I am too looking to see what people say :D

Cheers

Did you leave room around the Mosaic to make a frame from Lego? I find that to be quite attractive. As far as mounting is concerned You can remove the lego in several spots and drill holes that allow you to attach the base plates to a piece of plywood. This will provide a very sturdy base for your mosaics while keeping hidden the screws, etc, that are holding it all together.

Edited by RunnersDad