Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

Testing the prototype.

Even though Mikel Kalores is missing, Gaius Kaleci continues his work. A dwarven golem has been engineered and given the task to search for Mikel and bring him home. Will the golem succeed or will the hordes of vampires overcome it?

SAM_0147_zpsd757872e.jpg

Edit: added more pics

SAM_0159.jpg

SAM_0158.jpg

SAM_0157.jpg

SAM_0156.jpg

SAM_0153.jpg

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Nice work, I love the use of Samurai hats for sholders! :thumbup: The fig positioning is great, but maybe you could have put the robot (or whatever) in a bit more of a fighting stance (with the legs?).

Thanks guys!

but maybe you could have put the robot (or whatever) in a bit more of a fighting stance (with the legs?).

I'll try and take a side view pic so you can get a better view of his leg system. He (the golem) is not very photogenic. I took several different shots of him but this is the only one that turned out ok. I don't know if you have watched Battlestar Galactica but I pictured this golem as one of the original cylons just with swords instead of guns so there isn't much of a battle stance. It kind of just marches and takes out anything in its path... Also even though his leg system is trple jointed, it has limited functionality. Being the prototype, I will be improving on this whenever I get some more inspiration.

So many NPU´s in your moc! The shoulders look, as said before, great! The posing of the minifigs is top notch! Well done!

Thanks TheLegoNinja and de Gothia!

I think it could have used a beard though as it is a DWARVEN golem.

He does have a beard! :wink: But I know what you're meaning and I think it would have been awesome with a black dwarven beard but unfortunately doesn't fit right...

I've added the following photos to the first post and as you can see I did make some minor cosmetic changes to the golem as well.

SAM_0159.jpg

SAM_0158.jpg

SAM_0157.jpg

SAM_0156.jpg

SAM_0153.jpg

Nice work on the different stances, although seeing it from the back maybe the brown could be changed to black or grey? Looks good from the second stance especially :thumbup:

maybe the brown could be changed to black or grey?

I think you are right. I was trying to add some wood components but now that you mention it, it does look a bit tacky... originally there wasn't any piece there but I wanted some more support for the kusazuri which kept falling off when I tried to move the legs.

Excellent use of the samuraihelmets on the shoulders! Also nice combo's on the vampires using the gladiator helmet!