Etzel

MOC: Sanctuary of Ennoc

In my ongoing Heroica RPG Quest, The Light That Reveals Everything, the heroes have made it to a convent with a large sanctuary. It's dedicated to the god of Light and Justice, Ennoc, protector of the Paladin Order.

From the beginning I was just planning to make a small set piece but well... it turned out a bit bigger :grin:

8106962188_609abb3e83_z.jpg

8110291888_bf922fd052_z.jpg

8109995736_6d2800d468_z.jpg

8109986391_d2889d4aa2_z.jpg

8109997966_c70882ac22_z.jpg

8109994656_223929c165_z.jpg

8109999080_88a6413be0_z.jpg

8106961746_c0a2fb1fb9_z.jpg

8106962616_a8cde49e25_z.jpg

With the heroes. :classic:

Stained glass window technique is of course inspired by eilonwy77, the Queen of cheese slopes.

Thanks for watching!

Wow. :wub: So many things to like about this.

The "tiled" floor pattern is magnificent, I particularly like the effect of the raised part around the centre hexagonal. The yellow and blue in the windows look like 3-dimensional 1x1 bricks, like you are paying homage to the brick.

I particularly like the way you have used the arches in the hallways give them a real sense of depth.

Awesome! I concur that the arches are a brilliant touch. I am also such a fan of those stained glass windows in any MOC.

The creation has atmosphere... That's a tricky thing to achieve. I applaud.

Wow! *oh2* The tiling is brilliant and those stained-glass windows are just amazing. There's so much detail including the columns and the little gold details near the roof.

this is awesome! love the looks of the place, very paladin looking, the golds work so nicely with the white and blue details. How long did this 'change to the plans' take to build?

Wow, that is huge! You've done an excellent job with the quest so far. There are so many little details in the MOC, I can't stop looking at it. :thumbup:

That's just awesome - such a gorgeous color scheme. :wub: The SNOT work on the floors and the window is fantastic. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, I'm speechless...There is soooo much to be said, I hope your adventurer like this covent as we do, the floor patern is so clever. I really like how you managed to make the center more special. And what about the windows... it is too much for me! Finallly the many archs and gold bricks add it all.

Really I surrend! Well done.

That's amazing, I really love the stained glass and the floor work is superb! Awesome job! :thumbup:

*Gasp*

How...

...I mean how did you do it? I believe it's multilayer SNOT, but I can't tell for sure.

I'm totally speechless about the brilliant mosaic floor structure in the middle of the hall. Can you post some closeups/details of it?

And the floating chees slope window, of course.

Brilliant, plain brilliant! :wub_drool:

I can't stop admiring this creation. I wish I had the parts and the time to create something as magnificent for my quests, but most locations only get a few shots of them in a quest, so I usually just build something quick.

Great job with this one, anyway! I just love it when people show some extra effort for our game. :grin:

Did I already mention how great this is? It is.

I actually do not understand how the tiling is done at all. Could you give me some hints?

Thanks for your nice comments! :sweet:

this is awesome! love the looks of the place, very paladin looking, the golds work so nicely with the white and blue details. How long did this 'change to the plans' take to build?

About 4-5 evenings I think, spread out over 2 weeks.

*Gasp*

How...

...I mean how did you do it? I believe it's multilayer SNOT, but I can't tell for sure.

I'm totally speechless about the brilliant mosaic floor structure in the middle of the hall. Can you post some closeups/details of it?

And the floating chees slope window, of course.

Brilliant, plain brilliant! :wub_drool:

Did I already mention how great this is? It is.

I actually do not understand how the tiling is done at all. Could you give me some hints?

Some is SNOT and some is not. :tongue:

Here is a picture of the center part of the floor:

8116917648_ac3f89a05f_z.jpg

I can't stop admiring this creation. I wish I had the parts and the time to create something as magnificent for my quests, but most locations only get a few shots of them in a quest, so I usually just build something quick.

Great job with this one, anyway! I just love it when people show some extra effort for our game. :grin:

Your quick builds are always great I think, they might not be huge and extremely detailed but they always deliver the right feeling and sets the mood for the quests. I wish I had the ability to make simple but nice looking backgrounds for my quests but I tend to get caught building.