Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

"Here's what I think could happen.:"

A) We fight these creatures- which means we'll probably end up fighting this guardian.

or

B) These creatures don't fight us, and the guardian probably won't either.

"If it's A, I want to save my consumables for the guardian, which will no doubt be a harder fight. If B, I waste no consumables, and I still have them for a later battle."

"We should carry on. We should make our presense clear so they do not attack us as a defensive instinct. *Animal talk* Hello creatures, we are heroes of heroica, friends of nature. We wish to speak to you. *animal talk * "

Sylph walked over to where his bat saw the eyes. "If you be Guardians of the forest, or residence of it, then you need not fear us. I am a druid, leader of this party. Please, show yourselves."

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!* *Trial!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Defense: 0

Health: 1/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 17/22 (5+16+1)

Gold: 44

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills *poisoned!*), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1) 20-20 glasses

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic x2, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1), Smelling Salts x2, Helmet (Max. health +1)

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi) *Hastened!* *Encouraged!* *Lucky!*

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13.5

Power: 22 (13+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 23/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 265

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x3, Nostrum x5, Mead x5, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom x2, Crumbling Venom x2, Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Black Katana (WP:8), Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x2

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) *Encouraged!* *Lucky!*

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 20

Power: 28 (18+8+0)

Health: 34/34 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 365 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion, Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (2), Phoenix Essence (3), Trail Brew (1), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (2)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 18.5 Evoker

Power: 29

Health: 26/26

Ether: 17/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3, Opal

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder) *Lucky!*

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 14/14

Gold: 13 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 8, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x6, Nostrums x2

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 16 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 24

Defense: 13

Health: 36/36

Ether: 10/16

Gold: 41

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP *poisoned!*), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

qi64g.png"It's over... *wheeze* finally over...!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x3, Blue x2, Red x1

Sylph finds no sign of any of the Murkwoodian spiders - in presence, at any rate. However, they do respond to their calls. The party can't pinpoint the source of the voices, but they hear their faint words quite clearly.

"You burnt our web. A minor offense, but beware... Any further damage to this place and you'll find yourself withering away..."

"Heroes of Herocia you may be, but friends of nature your organization is not. One of your leader constantly rampages here, stealing our family, our friends, our loved ones. Why? Who knows."

"We have no quarrels with you in particular... yet. But you do not yet deserve audience with us. The Murkwood holds trials aplenty... complete them and perhaps we will consider resuming this conversation. Adieu."

And with that, the voices and their sources vanish. The party proceeds down the clearing, looking at the surroundings. The forest seems to grow more and more twisted the deeper in you go. Dead and withering treees surround them on all sides: and some bizzare cured ones. The air grows heavy.

Suddenly, a piercing shriek is heard - Morxes! As they were walking along the rascally little spider must've gone ahead and fell in a ditch. Lyrol pulls him back up with his thread. The little eight-legged creature is shaken.

qlIEf.png

"Beds of thorns were at the bottom of that pit! This entire field must be boobytrapped!"

Trial of the Murkwood

l1206.png

-You start South of the board.

-Each stud represents a space.

-Red spaces have been confirmed to be boobytrapped.

-Green spaces are safe spaces.

-Black spaces are undetermined.

-You must find a path leading safely to the other side.

-Landing in a pit will drop you insantly to 1 HP. Morxes and Lyrol will pull you out, though, returning you to the start.

-There is no fixed way of determining which space is what. get creative and find the safe spaces!

What will the party do?

"Hmm. I think we need to split. We're seven with Punii, nine if we count the spiders. I don't suppose there's any need for all us to fall in a pit together?

Actually, what if Morxes and Lyrol went ahead and scouted a save passage for us?"

Galen thought back to the faint voices.

"It would seem that you were right, Johon. A veteran is raiding this forest for... spiders? What in the name of Zoot would the Dragon Lord need spiders for? It's puzzling. I wonder if we might run into him, while we're here?"

qlIEf.png

"Nuh-uh, no way. Not taking another step near those tpits until you find a safe route. We have to stay here and grapple you up if you fall in, anyway.

Spiders. :hmpf:

"Right. What if one falls twice in a pit, can they become KO?" asks Galen to no one in particular.

"We could also throw rocks or any heavy object ahead of us and see if the ground yields."

R8oJK.png

"Yes."

You realize you have a throwing distance of 5 spaces in any direction.

Galen looks on the ground for anything suitable for throwing (besides Punii).

"I guess there's always our equipment... :look: But I wouldn't want to be caught half-naked in an ambush in the middle of this field."

Wait a minute...

"Punii, you're a Progg... Surely your shell would protect you from the thorns?"

Sylph drew his sickle and prodded the ground before him (A7), hard.

"I suggest we prod the ground before us with our weapons." Sylph sighed to the party.

QM Note: I'll update the map every time everyone sends their actions in. remmeber, there is always "do nothing." :tongue:

qi64g.png

"The other Progg's shells *wheeze* didn't protect them from your swords..."

QM Note: I'll update the map every time everyone sends their actions in. remmeber, there is always "do nothing." :tongue:

qi64g.png

"The other Progg's shells *wheeze* didn't protect them from your swords..."

Order:

Sylph: Prod A7

Johon: Prod A6

Galen: Prod A5

Elgar: Prod A4

Lycan: Prod A3

Alex: Prod A9

(OoC: The scroll I read makes things Badly Poisoned, and It costs 5 ether, so I should be at 8 ether. Also, I equipped the goggles, which should make my max. ether 20. I also healed myself, so I should have full health. Also, I drank the trial potion, so my max ether should be 10, and my max. health should be 16.)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!* *Trial!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Health: 1/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 9/20 (5+16+1+-2)

Gold: 44

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills *Badly Poisoned!*), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1) 20-20 glasses

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic x2, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1), Smelling Salts x2, Helmet (Max. health +1)

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi) *Hastened!* *Encouraged!* *Lucky!*

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13.5

Power: 22 (13+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 23/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 265

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x5, Remedy x3, Nostrum x5, Mead x5, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom x2, Crumbling Venom x2, Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Black Katana (WP:8), Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x2

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts) *Encouraged!* *Lucky!*

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 20

Power: 28 (18+8+0)

Health: 34/34 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 365 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion, Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (2), Phoenix Essence (3), Trail Brew (1), Nostrum (2), Smelling Salts (2)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 18.5 Evoker

Power: 29

Health: 26/26

Ether: 17/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3, Opal

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder) *Lucky!*

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 14/14

Gold: 13 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 8, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts x6, Nostrums x2

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 16 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 24

Defense: 13

Health: 36/36

Ether: 10/16

Gold: 41

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP *Badly Poisoned!*), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Nostrum

qi64g.png"It's over... *wheeze* finally over...!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x3, Blue x2, Red x1

QM Note: I'm a phone right now, so I can't get the map up quite yet. I'll have it up when I get my grubby litte mitts on the computer. Also, Sylph, the trial brew only takes it's toll when you enter a battle.

Edited by Endgame

The party pokes and prods with their weapons, but are unable to truly determine what space was what. They needed more force... Johon takes out his shovel and rips one of the fake ground pieces right off of the pit it was concealing. A twisted mass of purple and green thorns sit at the bottom. They look mighty sharp...

22Zon.png

Perhaps they'd be able to expedite the process somehow?

Edited by Endgame

The voices begin speaking again.

"By all means, do complete the trial by any means necessary... as long as you don't try to harm any of us, of course... Nyeh heh heh."

"why use bombs? Those will only alert them of where we are and waste our supplies." Johon says, then passing out his two pick-axes.

"Well done Johon! If a shovel does the trick, I'm sure a pickaxe will too. I'll just be careful not lose my balance."

Galen picks one of the pickaxes offered and tests position A5.

"We said it was one of your leaders. Do the math."

"We have no intention of harming you, and no knowledge of the dragon lord even being here." Johon tries contemplating what the Dragon lord would want from here. "What is he even trying to accomplish?"