Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #48: Death's Homecoming

Round Nine of the Showdown on Memory Lane

>Punii mixes unlike jellies: 2 is rolled: Nothing happens

>Alex heals himself (back): Heal More (8x2=16+15=31 damage)

>Elgar drinks Grand Potion (back): 25 HP restored!

>Lycan runs like heck

>Galen VS Blade E (back): Shield: Mug (8x3=24+13=37/2=18-3=15 damage, 15 gold earned)

>Johon VS Rhodus E (back): Critical Hit (8x3=24+19=43/2=21-12=9 damage, 2 damage decay placed)

>Sylph is unconscious: Success!

The party fights cautiously, as they are in dire straits. Lycan splits and runs away.

u4RZo.png"I was unaware that "Critical Hit" and "Weak Breeze" were synomonous."

Rhodus? A, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 3 rounds)*

HP: 723/950

SP: 7 11

Ether: 2/10

Specials:

Frost Aura: Transmits the Shivering (3 damage per round, can be remedied or removed for 5 ether.) effect to all heroes at the cost of 1 ether, and every hero has a 1/3 chance of becoming Weak from the deep freeze. If no ether is left, nothing happens.

Jab Massacre: Hits every hero for damage equal to their level + 1, disregarding row.

Impale: Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 40 Ice-elemental damage, at the cost of the Ice Blade taking 75 damage.

Regenerate: Creates another Ice Blade at the cost of 4 ether. If no ether left, nothing happens.

Special decided by die roll between Frost Aura, Jab Massacre and Impale when the Ice Blade is active. If no Ice Blade is present, the special will default to Regenerate.

Passive Specials:

Insanity Gas: Every 200 HP lost will add another illusion.

Ethereal Immunity: Rhodus is immune to any negative effects transmitted via scroll.

Trump Card: What is he planning...?

Drops: Combrys

Rhodus? B, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 3 rounds)*

Specials:

Frost Aura: Transmits the Shivering (3 damage per round, can be remedied or removed for 5 ether.) effect to all heroes at the cost of 1 ether, and every hero has a 1/3 chance of becoming Weak from the deep freeze. If no ether is left, nothing happens.

Jab Massacre: Hits every hero for damage equal to their level + 1, disregarding row.

Impale: Hits the hero who rolled Special Damage for 40 Ice-elemental damage, at the cost of the Ice Blade taking 75 damage.

Regenerate: Creates another Ice Blade at the cost of 4 ether. If no ether left, nothing happens.

Special decided by die roll between Frost Aura, Jab Massacre and Impale when the Ice Blade is active. If no Ice Blade is present, the special will default to Regenerate.

Passive Specials:

Ethereal Immunity: Rhodus is immune to any negative effects transmitted via scroll.

Rhodus? C, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 3 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Rhodus? D, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 3 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Rhodus? E, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 3 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? A, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

HP: 275/300

SP: 3

Specials:

Deep Freeze: Makes the hero who rolled Special Damage become Weak and Fragile, and start to Shiver. (Weak and Fragile can be remedied or removed for 5 ether each.)

Passive Specials:

Distorted Reflection: Level equal to the attacker's level +1.

Dodge, Thrust, Parry: The Ice Blade's presence boosts Rhodus' Level by 3 and SP by 4.

Piercing: The ice Blade disregards SP.

Drops: nothing

Ice Blade? B, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Deep Freeze: Makes the hero who rolled Special Damage become Weak and Fragile, and start to Shiver. (Weak and Fragile can be remedied or removed for 5 ether each.)

Passive Specials:

Dodge, Thrust, Parry: The Ice Blade's presence boosts Rhodus' Level by 3 and SP by 4.

Ice Blade? C, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Piercing: The ice Blade disregerds SP.

Ice Blade? D, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? E, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

QM Note: The correct Rhodus' letter is the same as the correct Ice Blade's letter, and vice-versa.

Also, when Rhodus dies, the Ice Blade will die as well if there is one present.

Targeting an illusion results in you taking damage equal to your level, disregarding row and SP.

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!* *Knocked Out!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Defense: 0

Health: 0/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 19/22 (5+16+1)

Gold: 234

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills *Crumbling!*), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1)

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13

Power: 21 (12+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 12/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 657

Equipment: Black Katana (WP:8 *Deadly Envenomed*), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x4, Remedy x3, Nostrum x2, Mead x2, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom, Crumbling Venom x2 Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable) Mead

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts)

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 19.5

Power: 27 (18+8+0)

Health: 19/33 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 557 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion (2), Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (1)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick) *Encouraged!*

Level 18 Evoker

Power: 29

Health: 26/26

Ether: 18/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder)

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 3/14

Gold: 357 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9 *Deadly Envenomed*), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Encouraged!*

Level 15.5 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 23

Defense: 13

Health: 35/35

Ether: 10/15

Gold: 100

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead

qi64g.png"Sylph!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x1, Red x1

u4RZo.png

"So, Mr. Johon. I'm dying to know: how'd you go 800 years and still look like you're going through adolescences?"

Edited by Endgame

Lycan finds Ayla in the room where they were tortured. The Toxiproggs and Ayla stand over a hyperventilating Hal.

KhaBM.png

"Uhhm... Lycan, weren't you... fighting Rhodus?"

Yeah, well I decided to bravely flee and save you guys. Ah Toxiproggs, get Ayla out of here, and, they are getting thrashed in there. Sylphs been knocked out twice.

Sylph's unconscious body pointed at the typo in Blade C. Furthermore, he was successfully unconscious.

Piercing: The ice Blade disregerds SP.
Edited by Dannylonglegs

Order? (temporary):

Punii: Make Jellies

Alex: Heal Johon

Johon: Blade C, BR

Galen: Blade C, BR?

Elgar: Death C, BR

Lycan: Hegone

Sylph: Chill

Edited by Dannylonglegs

u4RZo.png

"Y'know. Maybe I should just eat the treehugger while he is knocked out.

...On the second-hand, I have the feeling that I would incur an ascended being's wrath if I did. Oh dear, I'm starting to sound like you, Alex! Worshiping and fearing a deity, trying to get strength from then, even though they don't exist. Funny how you have to pray to some being you've never met or don't even know is alive just to get through another day in your short, pathetic life.

Galen drinks a Grand Potion.

"I'm sorry, but I need to heal myself before attempting anything else. The menace of another Jab Massacre is always present."

Johon steps back from his attack that did a fraction better than nothing. He looks around at the group, finding Sylph still unconscious and Lycan gone...

"We need to retreat. We need supplies and a plan to catch him in a weakened state."

"If we manage to hold on until that last blade is gone, we can win this. Big Progg's specials will be history then, and there will be nothing to stop us from reducing him to pieces. And let's not forget his ever-dwindling SP. As much as I'd like to have Sylph and Lycan back in the melee, this has been a long fight already and we have wasted plenty of consumables. I wish we could finish off this beast and move on."

u4RZo.png

"And remember, I always have an ace (or several!) up my sleeves!"

Alexandre heals Johon from the back row.

u4RZo.png

...On the second-hand, I have the feeling that I would incur an ascended being's wrath if I did. Oh dear, I'm starting to sound like you, Alex! Worshiping and fearing a deity, trying to get strength from then, even though they don't exist. Funny how you have to pray to some being you've never met or don't even know is alive just to get through another day in your short, pathetic life.

"He does exist... I have no fear of him. I have seen many miracles in my time, and my guardian angel, are all from him! I can't wait for the Day of Judgement."

"And remember, I always have an ace (or several!) up my sleeves!"

"We didn't ask for your input, cowcatcher breath!" :tongue:

Johon steps back from his attack that did a fraction better than nothing. He looks around at the group, finding Sylph still unconscious and Lycan gone...

"We need to retreat. We need supplies and a plan to catch him in a weakened state."

Sylph's cloak moved, as if his hand were emerging from within it. Instead of his hand though, it was his oft-forgotten pet bat. The small creature clumsily flapped into the air and made its way to Elgar. It landed on his shoulder and whispered the language of the bats into his ears.

"Friend told me that last round was round to run. Now, there is chance of hard-fought success. Tell this to Pillager. Small man-wolf gone to get Potion of Life for Friend, he thinks. Tell this too."

With that, the bat ascended to the ceiling of the bank, from where she screeched at Rhodus in what might only be described as an echoing cackle.

Oh, yeah, and the bat said this too at some point. She's been the one doing that in Sylph's stead... Retro-conned!

Order (If everyone agrees):

Alex: Heal Johon, BR

Johon: Blade C, BR

Galen: Drink Grand Potion, BR

Elgar: Death C, BR

Lycan: HeGone

Sylph: Chill, BR

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Round Ten of the Showdown on Memory Lane

>Punii makes jellies: 6 is rolled: 1 of every jelly is made!

>Alex heal Johon (back): No heal

>Johon VS Blade C (back): Miss

>Galen drinks a Grand Potion (back): 25HP restored!

>Elgar VS Rhodus C (back): Aim (18x2=36-11=25 damage)

>Lycan: HeGone

>Sylph acts unconscious: Shield: Act Unconscious (Sylph acts KOed.)

The battle rages on - not much has changed... Rhodus yawns.

u4RZo.png"You are the most boring guests I have ever hosted."

Rhodus? A, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 2 rounds)*

HP: 686/950

SP: 6 10

Ether: 2/1O

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Rhodus? B, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 2 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Rhodus? C, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 2 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Rhodus? D, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 2 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Rhodus? E, Level 27 30 Ancient *Badly Poisoned!* *Crumbling!* *Decay! (2 damage, 2 rounds)*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? A, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

HP: 255/300

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? B, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? C, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? D, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

Ice Blade? E, Level ?? Ice *Badly Poisoned!*

Specials:

Passive Specials:

QM Note: The correct Rhodus' letter is the same as the correct Ice Blade's letter, and vice-versa.

Also, when Rhodus dies, the Ice Blade will die as well if there is one present.

Targeting an illusion results in you taking damage equal to your level, disregarding row and SP.

The Party:

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!* *Knocked Out!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 17.5

Power: 25 (17+7+1)

Health: 0/33c(9+16+7+1)

Ether: 19/22 (5+16+1)

Gold: 234

Equipment: Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills *Crumbling!*), Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Helmet (Max. health +1)

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP:7), Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 1 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Tonic x2, Grand Tonic, Remedy, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 8 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Crumbling Venom, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Fragment (1)

galen2.pngGalen Woodward (Fugazi)

36 year old male human Rogue

Level 13

Power: 21 (12+8)

Defense: 2 (+2)

Health: 23/23 (7+12+4)

Gold: 657

Equipment: Black Katana (WP:8 *Deadly Envenomed*), Chimera Headdress (Headwear, Suitable for Rangers and Rogues, +1 SP +4 Health), Leather Armour (SP:1)

Inventory: Fauxthril Shuriken (WP:5, ranged), Throwing Dagger (WP:4, ranged), Bedroll, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bomb XX, Grand Potion x3, Remedy x3, Nostrum x2, Mead x2, Fire Bomb, Deadly Venom, Crumbling Venom x2 Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable) Mead

pic_7_final.jpg

Johon [AKA Alf Gregory] (Bricksandparts)

25 years old male human Barbarian > Raider

Level: 19.5

Power: 27 (18+8+0)

Health: 19/33 (18+8+1+7+0)

Shield Power: (1 + 5)

Ether: ~/0

Positive effects: *Immune to:* (*Fragile*, *Cursed*), *Natural Respite*

Negative effects: (none)

Gold: 557 (186G(1), 0GB(50), 0CB(50), 0GO(80), 0CC(70), 0GC(100), 0M)

Equipment: Dog Statuette - (suitable for anyone, SP: 1, once named (Rover), speaking the name summons a dog almost certainly to tag along on madcap adventures and make snippy comments.), Sword of Decay (WP:8)(once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages, Knights and Barbarians.) Hide of The Bleeding (Backwear, restores 10 HP and 5 ether for every enemy the wearer kills, suitable for anyone)

Heavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights.

Extra Artefacts: Helmet (+1 max health), Blessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect.

Extra Weapons: Greatsword (WP:3), Meteor Blade (WP:8, Light elemental), Focal Staff (WP:5, Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages)

Tools: Shovel (1), Pick-axe (2), Magnifying Glass (1), Magic Compass (1)

Consumables: Potion (3), Grand Potion (2), Venom, Ice Bomb (1), Mead (1)

Elements: Aquamarine (1), Emerald (1)

Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep (1), Scroll of Blindness (1), Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Confusion (1)

Quest items: (None)

005.jpg

Elgar Gligin (played by Jedi master Brick) *Encouraged!*

Level 18 Evoker

Power: 29

Health: 26/26

Ether: 18/18

Gold: 400

Equipment: Mockthril Crossbow (WP:11)

Inventory: Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Emerald,SapphireTopaz ,3 Venoms, Spade,Pickaxe,3 Potions, Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory, Changes user's appearance into an Elf),Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether) ,Goblin's Wrench(WP:10,retrievable), Needlessly Large Rod (Non-Artifact Item, Curses a random enemy. Usuable once per battle.) Does not prevent free hits. Grand Potion x2, Grand Tonic x3

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpg

Lycan Dean (played by theBoyWonder)

Level 10 Rogue *Immune to weakened*

Power: 21

Health: 3/14

Gold: 357 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Sword of the Croise (WP: 9 *Deadly Envenomed*), Pugillist Gloves(Power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer (WP:4), Fire Bomb, Grand Potion, Deadly Venom x2, Venom x3, Mead

alexandreavatar.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Encouraged!*

Level 15.5 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 23

Defense: 13

Health: 35/35

Ether: 10/15

Gold: 100

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Potion, Remedy, Grand Tonic, Mead

qi64g.png"Sylph!"

Punii, 2 month year old Progg Alchemist

Jellies: Green x2, Red x2, Blue x1

"Not too bad, Punii and Elgar did well. Rhodus A is our target this time. If Johon was to use a potion to heal himself Alexandre could target Rhodus instead, but on the other hand Alexandre's guardian angel would be most welcome now. I wish there was time for me to down a Nostrum or a Mead, but I suppose I will have to do without for now."

Galen attacks Ice Blade A with his katana from the back row.

OoC: Rhodus A has Ether: 2/1O instead of 2/10.

"Not too bad, Punii and Elgar did well. Rhodus A is our target this time. If Johon was to use a potion to heal himself Alexandre could target Rhodus instead, but on the other hand Alexandre's guardian angel would be most welcome now. I wish there was time for me to down a Nostrum or a Mead, but I suppose I will have to do without for now."

Galen attacks Ice Blade A with his katana from the back row.

OoC: Rhodus A has Ether: 2/1O instead of 2/10.

(OoC: damn, you beat me to it!

Endgame, have you followed up on Lycan asking the group in the hall if they have a phoenix potion?)

Speaking of the Phoenix Essence...

AbK1q.png

"Hal is in no state to be transported.

And no, we don't have anything like that."

The bat swept down, screeching in Elgar's ears.

"Order (If everyone agrees):

Sylph: Chill, FR

Alex: Rhodus A, FR

Johon: Give Elgar 'Scroll of Blindness', BR

Elgar: Recieve 'Scroll of Blindness', BR

Galen: Blade A, BR

Lycan: HeGone"

He screeched in Batese.

Edited by Dannylonglegs