Uses 100% LEGO pieces.

It traveled over 400 miles in the back of my ute to be setup and displayed at Brickvention 2012 Melbourne Australia.

8104124541_36ecf45960_z.jpg

I wanted to make an old wooden styled coaster which meant big dips and no loops. It took ages to get the transition right.

I had to record high speed video to find out why it crashed at certain sections. The hardest part was the chain lift.

It is difficult to make the chain bend at the pickup zone. I ended up using more of the blue train rails as a guide

http://www.youtube.c...bed/kO6oa7KvsEM

A fun project that killed a lot of minifigs during testing.

Looks very smooth and pretty awesome. Looks even better with all those other rides around. This a new theme i'de love to see from TLG!

COOL, I like the minifig image on the highest peak and the spiral part, how does it move, (how does it get enough friction on the track)

Embedded Media

Thanks for the forum syntax to Embed video. I search everywhere looking for that information.

Looks very smooth and pretty awesome. Looks even better with all those other rides around. This a new theme i'de love to see from TLG!

I build lots of different kinds of MOCs and have a few carnival rides now. The gear boxes are quite a challenge.

Speaking of new themes I started by putting the dodgems on Cuusoo. If they go ok I'll put some more there.

thumb640x360.jpg

Also, +1 for driving a UTE. Wish we had those in the States. :laugh:

I made a video of the trip to Melbourne. It has a few interesting time lapse recordings, like the coaster being packed and later assembled.

The first couple of minutes is more about the trip but you get to see some of the Australian countryside.

The show itself was excellent. Largest LEGO model in Australia, a technics machine that eats LEGO buildings, trains.

Edited by pe668

I don't know how many times I watched this video. I love rollercoasters, and seeing that combined with Lego - that's amazing. I even like the face on the front of the large hill. Visually, I think the only thing I would like would be some cross supports, but after I googled some images, I realized that some of the steel "old-fashioned" coasters don't have them (I just never saw that previously). Having said that - I scratched my suggestion. This is just perfect.