Remember a while back, be it on deviantArt(can I say that site name?) or here, that I posed up a picture of a black, muscled HF-build torso, and promised a figure would be completed around it?

The muscled black HF torso, that looked similar to this?

TheMagicHattpart1105.jpg

Well wait no more, it's finally here!

The one, the only...

Dark Matter!?

TheMagicHattpart1106.jpg

That's right. Evidently he has returned, Upgraded to a new body(and in a sense, a new mind), and ready to lead his forces against the Factory once more.

By the way, his upgrade has increased his height exponentially.

TheMagicHattpart1104.jpg

He now stands at about 2 standard-size Heroes tall. 'Shine' and my panda-like Hero demonstrate here.

He's got quite an arsenal, with his shoulder-mounted plasma-bolt cannon, the thrusters in his boots, and his bloodied-up broadsword(not shown), along with his loyal army of Villains.

Among these villains is the Red Fist, who you will be seeing more of.. shortly.

Comments and criticism are greatly welcomed.

More to come soon!

-Cirkit

Edited by Cirkit

While I try to capture the Red Fist creation in proper light(can't get it on a white background, and I think I really need to build a 'light box' for taking proper photos of MOCS), here's another of Dark Matter's forces to keep you busy.

The story goes something like this:

This guy was once part of a team of Heroes sent to stop DM's forces from stealing early prototypes of the 'plasma guns' the Heroes now use(along with other valuable HF tech) from a floating security center, and got separated from the rest of the team when he stumbled upon a warehouse with strange bot construction plans laid out across some workbenches. He's caught by other villains looking at the plans, and makes a run for it.

Unfortunately, he gets blindsided by Dark Matter himself, who then beats down the Hero to near submission, and forces him to a ledge. However, as the Hero is about to drop, DM lets his guard down, and the Hero throws sand in his face, and knocks down the big baddie. Just as he's about to strike again, DM's blaster fires into the Hero, and DM uses that momentum from the weapon to smash the Hero into a wall, just before he rips out the Hero's core with his bare hands.

The rest of the team gets out, with most of the tech secured, and no idea what happened to their teammate.

DM calls upon his 'right hand man', a skilled warrior and former HF designer, and asks him to use the remains to create a new villain.

The alloys can't be stretched, so the Red Fist creates a villain with a round body, capable of rolling up and becoming a high-speed wrecking ball. Aptly, they name him:

Tumbler

Front:

TheMagicHattpart1251.jpg

Back:

TheMagicHattpart1249.jpg

In a ball:

TheMagicHattpart1218.jpg

Attack/Running:

TheMagicHattpart1253.jpg

Tumbler does not know his origin, but he is willing to serve under his new master to bring down the Factory that created his old body. If he did somehow obtain the knowledge that he lived in the body of his enemy(in a sense), he would become more dangerous than even DM could possibly imagine.

EDIT: While I have time, here's another baddie.

He's simpler in appearance, simpler in build, but he's still a devious one.

He acts as an apprentice to the Red Fist, learning what he knows, assisting in various jobs, recalibrating the plasma cannons and the transport ship coils.. and he's got a shocking vocabulary.

This is Electros

Front

TheMagicHattpart1258.jpg

Back

TheMagicHattpart1257.jpg

Please let me know what you think of these two in the comments below. All and any criticism and advice is welcome.

-Cirkit

Edited by Cirkit

Please explain your reasoning.

I would understand how he looks when rolled up- a bit blocky with the legs. I could have done that better, or not given him legs at all. I could understand about the head too- Perhaps a standard cup-ball-ball bone piece would work, to keep the head inside the rounded body.

Please, do give me your thoughts on the matter. Every little bit counts.

Edited by Cirkit

Well, it's mainly the gap between the head and the part above it that seems off to me.

Ah, yes.

The part above was to cover the exposed ball- the HF armor sat on a piece of 3M lime cladding on the middle ball of the bone piece.

Luckily, I've found a solid lime part to replace the trans part.

To rectify the gap issue, all I need do is find a shorter bone piece to connect the head to, then connect that to the torso. The head would be almost inside the torso, but it would fill the gap.

I can't correct the gap without taking the head in.

EDIT: It's been deemed necessary by the Red Fist to modify Tumbler's design, as he keeps slapping his jaw on the ground while in rolling-motion. Needless to say, Tumbler is quite grateful to who gave the suggestion.

His head is now surrounded by the armor, and the glowing part above his head has been changed to a solid-colored part. It was quite distracting, he admits.

Updated Front:

TheMagicHattpart1279.jpg

Updated Front view, up-close:

TheMagicHattpart1280.jpg

I hope you all enjoy the updates.

More will be on the way, including this guy-

TheMagicHattpart1269.jpg

...if I can make a suitable head.

For now, he's the Headless Horse-Man

:laugh:

More to come soon.

Edited by Cirkit

Good job fixing that up. Can't wait to see the next MOC, it looks great already. For a head, I would use either XT4's or, if you have two copies of Splitface, two gunmetal Splitface halves.

I don't have XT4, which is a shame- I need those long hinged leg bones he has for the Red Fist.

I was actually thinking of doing something original, with the eyes included with the Arachnix drone. I haven't been having much luck with it, but it's moving slowly on.

EDIT: Hey, thought I'd update on the Red Fist. I have him all together, just need to photograph him in a way that gets the white and 'gunmetal/pearl grey' elements in there, without one or the other being blocked out. It's difficult but I'm getting there.

More on the way shortly.

Edited by Cirkit

It's been more than 10 days since my last post.

I've been having difficulty taking pictures of the Red Fist. I have some pics for now, they will be updated later.

What HRT(Hero Recon Team) knows about Red Fist is the least of their problems. They know he is a recruiter for Dark Matter's Dark Army. They know he's also their lead engineer, in both bot and weapon building. They know that he's a dangerous fugitive, wanted for a number of crimes throughout the galaxy.

But what HRT doesn't keep on public record, is that the feared Red Fist used to be one of their own.

In a tech division of Hero Factory, Red Fist, then known as 'R606', used to work on designing and constructing new and experimental tools to use against villain forces. He was part of a group designing suits of armor for the Heroes to use, 'exo suits' some called them, before the reveal of the Upgrade. During that time, he thought to use a dangerous substance for an energy source for the suits.

Despite the idea being shot down by Mr Makuro and the other designers, he went through with his plan. The system malfunctioned, overloaded, and exploded, taking out half the warehouse complex that the HF designers used, as well as destroying R606's left arm. Makuro exiled his designer from Hero Factory, proclaiming him to be completely out of his mind.

The details get blurry here, but at some point, Dark Matter approached R606 and convinced him that the Hero Factory was jealous of his brilliance, and only exiled him because they were afraid he'd be better and more innovative than the respected Makuro had ever been. R606 vanished for a while, but came on radar not long ago, with a new body and a new outlook on life. He cast aside his former title, and took up the name dubbed on him by others, from the massive red appendage he constructed to replace his arm.

He is now the Red Fist.

Front:

TheMagicHattpart1063.jpg

Back:

TheMagicHattpart1066.jpg

Pose:

TheMagicHattpart1065.jpg

He's equipped with a double-edged lightning blade, which can transform into a buzzsaw, a hidden chest-mounted plasma/meteor launcher, and his massive red fist. He also has a 'backpack' which fuels an extra supply of energy when he needs it.

More on the way soon, hope you enjoy what I've shown off here :)

-Cirkit

How is that gun in any way hidden :tongue:? Awesome though. Good idea to use Stormer's chestplate for him. I've seen a lot of uses of the green one but very few of the white one.

Heh, yeah I'd forgotten about that when typing the description.

My plan was that his gun would be 'retractable', and could be hidden in his chest under that round armor.

Tried actually building it to do that, but no luck.

I'm glad you like it. It used to be just the white torso without the Stormer chestplate, but it looked too plain without it. I like to imagine it as a power-pack for 'Fist.

My family say that the white looks wrong, and I should replace it with gunmetal. You think I should try that?

Well, the white gives it a unique feel, but I think the silver should be replaced with gunmetal. It's just a little too shiny and bright.

If I can find the 'Exo-Force' fingers to replace them, I will. Perhaps I can change the hand to red or white.

I can't do much about the 'electro-blade' without recoloring the silver part.. perhaps I can try to construct a blade from my System brick collection. Hmm.

EDIT: 11/14: Do you guys think I should make a combiner with Dark Matter and Red Fist, before I take the two apart for good?

Let me know in the comments below!

Edited by Cirkit

Sadly it is too late. I did try a combiner of the two, and got halfway working out a beast-merge of the two, but gave up on it.

If you like, I can post up the pics of what I had on the first combo. Won't be anything amazing though.

It's not only the issue of the color scheme, which I've just realized a way it could indeed work on a beast-like combo, barely, but also that the build I was trying to go for was a bit too tricky for me at the time.

I wanted to build a spine using the long torso beam like on Fire Lord, and the double ball, double hole parts Red Fist uses on his legs to make the spine, but it proved to be too troublesome in the end.