Sign in to follow this  
Methos

What is the biggest model created with LDD ?

I got a question for everyone here, What is the biggest model anyone on here has created? Reason for my asking is that I am creating a large building and LDD is slowing down big time without hiding sections.

Just a question to see of others have had inpiration of grand scale.

I will try posting the completed model if EB.com will allow the size and my completer don't crash from the size.

You can try to upload your model at brickshelf.com :classic:

I was getting perfomance troubles some years ago when I combined Cafe Corner, Green Grocer and Market Street.

I got a question for everyone here, What is the biggest model anyone on here has created? Reason for my asking is that I am creating a large building and LDD is slowing down big time without hiding sections.

Just a question to see of others have had inpiration of grand scale.

I will try posting the completed model if EB.com will allow the size and my completer don't crash from the size.

Large models tend to crash for me if I take them much beyond 25,000 pieces, but sometimes repeating the same operation will succeed. I've managed to successfully import a model into a scene with an existing large model to get over 30,000 pieces, but once that's done, almost any action will crash the program, including saving the lxf.

However, if your computer has a lot of RAM and and you're willing to render everything in POV-Ray, you can place all of your sub-assemblies so that they would line up, save the individual files, make a union of the converted pov files, manually adjust the camera so that everything is displayed, and render quite large scenes (I've been successful up to 56,000 pieces this way). It is a great deal of work, though.