Sign in to follow this  
Spider-Man

Kisame Hoshigaki

Hey guys this is my very first custom LEGO minifig so go easy on me :wink: The helmet/hair combo is made with sculpy as well as Kisame's sword, Samehada!

The pictures are pretty small, but they are all linked to my larger, and better quality pictures on flickr!

I've always really liked the show Naruto, which for those of you that don't know is a Japanese anime show about ninjas! My favorite character is as you can guess Kisame!

8090154456_f39d48e05b_m.jpg

Kisame is a member of the criminal organization known as Akatsuki. He is immensely strong and has a seemingly endless supply of chakra, which is what led to him being known as the "Tailed Beast without a Tail". He wields a sword known as Samehada which is actually a sentient being that feeds off other ninja's chakra while in a fight. Samehada is usually wrapped and carried on Kisame's back, but when in battle the sword unravels itself and is seen to have a long scaly body without and limbs, but does have a large mouth full of teeth and a tongue.

8090154376_7281ffcfa5_m.jpg

Kisame's known for his ability to use water to summon large sharks while in battle, as well as possessing the ability to create large amounts of water to gain the advantage on any terrain.

8090154158_4fe62f05df_m.jpg

In honor of ninja month I thought it would be appropriate to have Kisame as my avatar until the month is over, sorry Spidey :classic:

Hope you enjoyed looking at my first custom fig! Again this was my first time using sculpy so any and all criticism and advice is more than welcome! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone :sweet:

Edited by Spider-Man

Pretty good attempt, especially if we consider how difficult it is to paint. Have you consider decals? it would look smoother :laugh: if you need help in making the decal I'd love to help as I really like Naruto figs (have a whole bunch of them sketched, check my brickshelf if you'd like)

Keep it up!

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Thanks! And ya I initally thought about decals but I have never been able to figure out how to apply them :blush: Maybe as I keep working with customization I can get more comfortable with them!

Also, your brickshelf files are really impressive! You definitely have a talent for art!

Edited by Spider-Man

Great work, Spider-Man! Kisame is my favorite Naruto villain. He did so much for the Akatsuki!

I like that your work is hand painted and Samehada's scales came out nicely. The sculpy on the tongue-work looks cool too, good detail. Which char is up next? :-D

Thanks for the comment! Actually I am currently working on Minato in his hokage gear, I hope to have it done by early next week so look out for it! :thumbup: