Colonel

LEGO World Copenhagen 2013

LEGO World 2013 in Copenhagen will be held at Bella Center in the period 14th to 17th of February 2013.

We are looking for larger "world class" quality displays which have not been shown extensive in this part of the world before.

If you are interested in being an exhibitor you can contact the LW Fan Zone Manager, Svend-Erik Saksun saksun@mail.dk and ask for further information – or you can use the electronic entry form here: http://c-mt.dk/lw2013/

Applications must be sent NLT 1st of November 2012.

Please be informed of that we only have a limited amount of exhibitor spots and due to that all entries need to be reviewed by the LEGO World Steering Group based on size, quality, and attractiveness for the visitors and other criteria before acceptance. The exhibitors will be decided primo December and we will inform all applicants before Christmas.

Information so far:

- Setting up must take place on 13th of February.

- Taking down on 17th of February after hours.

- Fan exhibition gross area will be about 2000 m2.

- Free accommodation for exhibitors is offered at the nearby Danhostel.

- Free meals for exhibitors are offered in the period 13-17 February.

- Refund of bridge toll (Storebaelt or Oeresund) or ferry (Puttgarten-Roedby) for exhibitors.

- Several attractive goodies for the exhibitors

and of course great fun with international AFOL exhibitors on a great LEGO event!

On behalf of the Steering Group,

with kind regards,

Svend Erik

SVEND ERIK SAKSUN

LW Fanzone Manager

Links:

http://www.legoworld.dk/ (in Danish - not updated yet)

http://www.danhostel...ils?HostelId=92

http://www.bellacent...tPage=3&PID=979

I was there today, my first ever convention and I was completely blown away. It was very cool seeing some of the MOCs that I'd looked at on EB in real life. And just the sheer scale of it all, the amount of new, quality lego that was just in piles for everyone to play with.

I had a dig in the technic section for instance, and there were several cubic feet of parts. as a guess, I'd say that at least 10 each of 9398, 9397, 9396, 8110 and a bunch more had been mixed together for everyone to rummage through. I could have spent weeks there.

I was almost tempted to try and pocket some of the fancier parts, like servo motors and whatnot, but my conscience got the better of me. There were no bag checks or anything when I left, even for folks with big bags or prams. Do they just assume that all the good bits, minifigs, etc are going to walk out the door?

Edited by Hopey

I´m going tomorrow, friday to sunday. It´s great fun and Svend Erik a.k.a Colonel always has got the fan zone in shape :wink: !

A bunch of Swedes from Swebrick are going also.

Anyone who's taking pictures at this event, I'm curious if the Hero Factory area has any summer 2013 sets on display? I recall that we got a pretty good look at some of the summer 2011 sets at this event two years ago. Certainly we've had some decent Toy Fair pics, but few pics of what many of the sets look like from the back or sides.

Anyone who's taking pictures at this event, I'm curious if the Hero Factory area has any summer 2013 sets on display? I recall that we got a pretty good look at some of the summer 2011 sets at this event two years ago. Certainly we've had some decent Toy Fair pics, but few pics of what many of the sets look like from the back or sides.

I've just snapped pictures for you of everything on display in the booth. I'm not into Hero Factory, so I have no idea whether what I've snapped pictures of is interesting or not, but I'll upload them in a couple of days when I get home, and we'll see :)

I've just snapped pictures for you of everything on display in the booth. I'm not into Hero Factory, so I have no idea whether what I've snapped pictures of is interesting or not, but I'll upload them in a couple of days when I get home, and we'll see :)

Alright, thanks! I always appreciate when somebody goes out of their way to be thorough even with things that they don't have much interest in or expertise about. If you don't have any pics, we do have plenty of seemingly-finalized product designs from Toy Fair (i.e. no obvious prototype parts), but it's nice to see the models from as many angles as possible.

I noticed these guys:

hf.jpg

I have no idea if they're official sets or what; I don't really follow Hero Factory, I just thought it was cool that the 9396 blades were being used elsewhere.

I've also got some low-quality photos of 42008 and 42009 (the 2h technic sets) from underneath, if anyone's interested. They were in a cabinet, but on glass shelves, so I managed to capture some details.

I noticed these guys:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hopey/events/hf.jpg

I have no idea if they're official sets or what; I don't really follow Hero Factory, I just thought it was cool that the 9396 blades were being used elsewhere.

I've also got some low-quality photos of 42008 and 42009 (the 2h technic sets) from underneath, if anyone's interested. They were in a cabinet, but on glass shelves, so I managed to capture some details.

Wow, these are some stellar designs. The ones on the left obviously can't be official set concepts (or if they are, they're nowhere near finalized, since dozens of parts are painted), but they really show how brilliantly the designers can work with the building system. I would hardly have guessed that the upper left model was a Hero Factory MOC at all, or even a building toy; it's that solidly-built.

I wish we got more behind-the-scenes insight on what the HF designers get up to that doesn't make it into the finished sets. And I wonder if this was a sketch model for a set that simply didn't become included in any waves, or just an exercise in exploring the building system to its fullest.

The only one that's an official set, by the way, is on the lower right-- the one on the lower left is a quite stellar repaint. Thanks so much for sharing this photo!

Edited by Aanchir

It really was a great show! I like they separated the fan part so we weren't annoyed by the music and commercial stands. We were there with about 40 AFOLs from which about 20 took care of the central layout. Around that there were separate layouts and stand alone models. I really was honored to be there. Met lots of people and other AFOLs. Pictures will follow later on :-)

Thanks, Dennis, very nice pictures!

BTW - the visitors:

Thu - 8.000

Fri - 8.000

Sat - 10.000

Sun - 7.600

Gross area Fanzone: 2.000 m2 - Total area: 28.000 m2

Exhibitors: 47 from 7 European countries

GBC world record: 139 modules

Unveilling of 10240 - Red Five X-wing Starfighter

SW display by Bo Jensen with 502 different figures

I always appreciate when somebody goes out of their way to be thorough even with things that they don't have much interest in or expertise about.

I thoroughly apologise for the lenghty delay, but I've finally managed to get some pictures uploaded to Flickr. Again - I'm not into this stuff, so I have no idea whether the figures I've snapped pictures of are actually new sets or not, but if you want to check it out you can have a look in this folder.

More pictures will follow tomorrow - I've got some nice ones of Stephan Sander's (X-Speed) miniland-scale diorama, Morty's Royal Palace, Maciej Drwiega's fantastic trucks and a couple of other goodies - including a behind-the-scenes look at the awesome Valentine Mindstorms dragon being broken down for pieces after the event...

I thoroughly apologise for the lenghty delay, but I've finally managed to get some pictures uploaded to Flickr. Again - I'm not into this stuff, so I have no idea whether the figures I've snapped pictures of are actually new sets or not, but if you want to check it out you can have a look in this folder.

More pictures will follow tomorrow - I've got some nice ones of Stephan Sander's (X-Speed) miniland-scale diorama, Morty's Royal Palace, Maciej Drwiega's fantastic trucks and a couple of other goodies - including a behind-the-scenes look at the awesome Valentine Mindstorms dragon being broken down for pieces after the event...

Thank you! Most of those LEGO Hero Factory sets are indeed already out, but it was still a nice display in that it showed the front and back of the models. I really like those display cases full of prototype elements.

The prototype Hero Factory set in that cabinet is somewhat interesting, in that it uses almost entirely uncolored prototype parts, and other than basic pins the parts that are colored are spray-painted. In particular this is amusing because when leaked retailer's catalog pics of this set started to emerge, the model was almost entirely spray-painted in this way, and a lot of Hero Factory fans complained about the awful color/texture of these parts... which in the final set were mostly just black or titanium metallic (pearl dark gray).

In that same cabinet is a prototype Throwbots/Slizers throwing arm, a real blast from the past. Funnily enough, this piece was designed by Christoffer Raundahl, the same person who created that Hero Factory MOC I was so impressed with in an earlier post! Amazing how long he's been working in the constraction category. The various prototype minifigure parts are also neat. I see a transparent minifigure back there, showing that TLG has indeed played around with the idea even if they have yet to find a way to work it into official sets. I also see a prototype version of the "Ultrabuild" Batman's cowl... perhaps this was once meant to be a separate piece from the head?

Finally, I often love seeing the LEGO costumed characters at events like this, but that Laval costume doesn't work all that well... that face seems badly-proportioned. I do love the Ninjago bouncy castle in the background though!

Thanks so much for sharing these pics!

Edited by Aanchir