Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Day Two

You're becoming completely unreadable now. Are you trying to tell us that you're losing your voice?

I think he's trying to say using normal sized text a completely normal level of volume is an aggressive tone. Not that it makes any more sense that way.

How the heck did you get that out of what I said? No wonder I'm being lynched, you guys look for meaning in pointless details and create meaning for those details when you can't find any.

The strongest thing that you can pick out is that I was the 4th person to vote for Dragmall? This qualifies me as being scum? I could make a good case for scum voting for someone at just about any time. If you give me a minute, I'll come up with a whole list of people that you should be investigating because they are "subtle". If that is seriously your strongest argument, you might want to re-read today.

Well...yes, it is. I don't have any other arguments that I can really present because of insufficient evidence. And yes, I think it does. Your vote comes when the attitude of the time was "Lynch the neutral" and your post didn't seem to question that. You just gave a reason and voted. There are indeed plenty of other lurkers around. Though I suspect that a servant of Loki does not want to appear to be an absolute lurker, so they try to add something more than the average lurker.

Furthermore, there's this:

I’m keeping my mouth shut because I have nothing productive to add to our conversation. I didn’t learn anything last night. I do have some ideas as to who is innocent but as none of them have been accused, I don’t see any reason to defend them.

I've experienced people who have gone by just going "Oh, I don't know. I don't have much to add, but I'm going to say that anyway so nobody suspects me" and I'm always suspicious of them. Specially in one previous life where my dead body screamed to the heavens of somebody doing this and they did, indeed, turn out scum.

If you're Einherjar, then I'm sorry we lynched you. You'll be avenged when we get the rest of the scum. I sincerely hope you're a servant of Loki, or we learn something from your death.

I got from this-

4) Seriously, back the tone thing? To be honest, I thoght that using an aggressive tone would come across as a scared, super defensive tone. For this reason, I tried to soften it so that people could not come out and say "look, he's acting all aggressive and angry! He must be scum because only scum act aggressive when accused by townies!". Obviously, some of us were able to find a flaw in a defensive tone too.

As a response to-

4. The communication formatting thing? Doesn't mean a thing to me, honestly. I usually think quietly to myself before presenting those thoughts publicly, and this new Valhalla communication system isn't quite as friendly to me in that regard.

I thought at first it was just an issue with the new board weird vocal chord disease going around, but it seems you did so on purpose.

I'm sorry about that. I've asked one of the scribes (mods) if they know what is going on.

Or not...? :wacko:

If I recall, I was amongst the first people saying that we should lynch the neutral. I was not amongst the first voting for him because of the timing.

I had to add that because I was being questioned about it. Should I have ignored that attack and hoped that people would have overlooked it? What should I have said instead?

This doesn't look like the vote of someone who's looking for resolution and conclusion with just a few hours left in the day.

By the time Carl cast his vote, at least three more votes had come in for Gerrid. The irony was not lost on Carl. :blush:

Why do you think that I’ve been coached? Besides the fact that my reply seemed “subdued”, is there any evidence as to how I am being coached? Besides, if Hervi is coaching Bergulf, why wouldn’t you focus on one of them?

Is there anyone I missed? Anyone? I think that I answered all of your attacks but if there are any I missed let me know.

Good to hear from you! Seriously.

Why do I think you've been coached? I don't know you well enough to spot your usual tone, so the evidence isn't direct in that sense.

However in post #117 your font changes. Not a big thing in and of itself, but it could indicate a cut and paste job. And if it is cut and paste, it could be copied from somewhere else. And if copied from somewhere else could be written by someone else or with their input.

I understand that's a lot of ifs. And it seems a small thing. But people have been lynched for less.

As to Bergulf/Hervi. I am told that have history in previous incarnations. This may not be true and Hervi has now flat out denied coaching Bergulf. As to my dealings with Hervi, you'll note I came forward as the Demeter mentioned in his play. Not that that means we trust each other completely but that, yes I did focus on them for a time and I'm not inclined to vote for either of them at this time.

I'm sorry you feel attacked. Perhaps it's a consequence of having to deal with a lot of different pokes all at once. Life is busy, sure. But this afterlife is voluntary, join in!

By the time Carl cast his vote, at least three more votes had come in for Gerrid. The irony was not lost on Carl. :blush:

Carl, you do realize you can unvote though correct?

Not sure if there are enough votes. Will have to go back and count up, but since we need to lynch and the day is almost over, I vote: Gerrid: Captain Genaro.

I don't like this. Honestly, I see us learning a whole lot more from Bergulf's lynch then Gerrid's but I did find Gerrid suspicious which is why I am placing my vote. I strongly dislike the way Hervi, Mursi, and Dragmall are just brushing over Snotra's words as if they don't matter and, in some instances, laughing them off. They seem to be brushing over his legitimate concerns way to easily and instead of responding to his questions in a clear, concise manner, nitpick at the tone. What's up with that? :wacko:

Furthermore, I don't like how the three seemed to push the bandwagon towards Gerrid. If we had lynched Bergulf, we could have some pretty clear indications tomorrow morning on which side the pig lad is on, but it seems that the three of them are trying to avoid that. :sceptic: Why is that? Does Gerrid really strike you as being more suspicious, or is he just convenient?

It appears there have been some votes against me. I''ll just address those. Maybe I can persuade you to use your vote more wisely.

After reviewing everything else he has said today, this is about the only thing that seems remotely suspicious about Gerrid. Most of the initial suspicions seem to be coming out of Finn's gut feelings about how a townie should act, there is nothing wrong with that and he could very well be right, but I want us to keep in mind that this is mainly what we are basing that accusation upon.

Leaving aside Hervi and Dragmall, the same could be said of Bergulf.

As has already been noted by Petrus, this statement seems quite unlike what we had come to expect from him. Now I trusted Danr, evaluation of Bergulf yestereday, but considering the offness of this statement today I'm open to reconsideration. In fact, if it's based off of voting between Bergulf and Gerrid for making a statement that strikes me as odd, I'm more inclined to think Bergulf is the guiltier of the two, not too mention that he has more conversations that link back to him from many other individuals should he come up as scum. Thus I'm going to Vote: Bergulf (badboytje88)

Well I do not see what was off about my statement except for that one small word which was just a honest mistake. But heck if you want to lynch me for that, go right ahead. Lynching me so you have more conversations to look back at sounds like a good reason, if that's your reason, lynch me. You'll sure have lots to talk about the next day when it turns out I was a loyal townie.

I noticed that too, especially about these two statements by Bergulf. And now that you point it out, it does sound a lot like Hervi talking. There's something in the first one that specifically caught my attention:

Well I can talk for myself, I don't need Hervi to speak for me.

I highlighted it for you here. Surely that should be 'me', right? Honest mistake? The rest of his statement is surprisingly free of mistakes and his British accent from Day One seems to have disappeared entirely. :look:

Yep honest mistake, happens more often than is good for me apparently. I only talk with a British accent when I am drunk.

Did Hervi feel the need to defend Bergulf so vigorously on Day One because he had an important action?

Vote: Bergulf (badboytje88)

If that is your conclusion, why vote for me?

The other votes against me are hard for me to address. They are based on my behavior yesterday which indeed was a bit odd. Since then I've joined the AA and I am currently doing a lot better. I can't ask you to forget the behavior I showed yesterday, heck I wouldn't be able to do that myself. All I can say is that I took my role play a bit too serious after having a bit too many pints. Voting me off would be a waste of your vote. Only thing that would benefit from you guys voting me off is that you would have to focus on finding a new target. To me it looks like some of you are really fixated on me, and can't even focus on anything else.

Carl, you do realize you can unvote though correct?

He does, but for several things:

A) He still believes there would be more gained from a Bergulf-lynch,

B) The majority appears to have been reached, so it would be a useless gesture at this point,

C) Such an act would have no meaning to Carl besides bandwagoning.

Furthermore, I don't like how the three seemed to push the bandwagon towards Gerrid. If we had lynched Bergulf, we could have some pretty clear indications tomorrow morning on which side the pig lad is on, but it seems that the three of them are trying to avoid that. :sceptic: Why is that? Does Gerrid really strike you as being more suspicious, or is he just convenient?

This doesn't seem to be stopping you from voting for me.

Because, we've got to lynch someone and you're darn suspicious. I had my vote against Bergulf...actually...

Unvote: Bergulf (badboytje88)

Vote: Gerrid (Captain Genaro)

Just in case I failed to do so.

You two were top of my suspicion list earlier on and have only gotten moreso, but we cannot end this day without a lynch and some...people...are making you the only available person to truly vote against. I would much prefer Bergulf being lynched than you, but the fact is that it's not going to happen no matter what I say or do at this point.

Dragmall (Dragonator)

pfffff

Unvote: Dragmall (Dragonator)

I honestly can't make heads or tails from all these nicknames and roleclaims flying around, not to mention the fact that people throw accusations and in the next moment take them back. And if you think over 150 comments is going to make my job any easier, then you're sadly mistaken.

If you really want my "own independent reasoning" to vote someone, then I shall vote: Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot) for sending me a potato message that basically warned me about playing with fire. I know that doesn't affect anything, but I really don't respond well to thinly-veiled threats - if that what the message was about.

Okay, so you're not ready to read through the notes of the scribes concerning this day, but you're ready to throw away your vote because you feel "threatened?" What is going on here anyway? How does this help us in any way? I have to say that you've been a very poor contributor thus far. You could have at least placed a vote where it counted. Are you trying to respond to a thread by threatening the person? How does that help anyone? I hope you will not always vote based on your "own independent reasoning" when threats and tone are the only things you look at in your reasoning.

The other votes against me are hard for me to address. They are based on my behavior yesterday which indeed was a bit odd. Since then I've joined the AA and I am currently doing a lot better. I can't ask you to forget the behavior I showed yesterday, heck I wouldn't be able to do that myself. All I can say is that I took my role play a bit too serious after having a bit too many pints. Voting me off would be a waste of your vote. Only thing that would benefit from you guys voting me off is that you would have to focus on finding a new target. To me it looks like some of you are really fixated on me, and can't even focus on anything else.

If I'm one of them you address here, which I presume, I'd like to answer with that I'm surely not only focused on you. You just happened to 1 of 2 main suspects to me when I cast my vote and your behavior yesterday was what earned you the extra distrust to make me chose you. Since then, a lot of people seem to favor a lynch of Gerrid instead of you and because I want to reach a conviction I will change my vote.

Unvote: Bergulf (badboytje88)

Final Vote Count

Hervi Pudding-Head (Hinckley) - 1 vote (Pandora)

Dragmall (Dragonator) - 1 vote (Captain Genaro)

Gerrid (Captain Genaro) - 15 votes (fhomess, Fugazi, Hinckley, Scouty, Chromeknight, Dragonator, Waterbrick Down, Cornelius Murdock, Bob, Scubacarrot, Sisco, CallMePie, Palathadric, badboytje88, Etzel)

Bergulf (badboytje88) - 3 votes (Rick, DarkDragon, Capt. Redblade)

Snotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot) - 1 vote (Sandy)

Non-voters - WhiteFang

With 15 votes, Gerrid (Captain Genaro) has been condemned.

The day came to a close, and the einherjar had decided that Gerrid must be a servant of Loki. Ragnar had finally finished sharpening his axe.

IMG_0327.jpg

Ragnar rose from his seat.

"Do you know what it is that brings me joy?" he asked. He rose his axe, "Killing. A man stands alone against an enemy. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But on the battlefield at large, what? He's part of an army. He's part of a team. It's a sunny day, the field is full of soldiers. What does this warrior have to say? He says, 'I'm going out there for myself... But I get nowhere unless my side wins'."

IMG_0328.jpg

"Now, what is the moral of this story?" Ragnar asked.

"Us warriors should work together?" one warrior piped up.

"We shouldn't betray Valhalla?" another offered.

IMG_0331.jpg

"Wrong," Ragnar said, "the moral is that killing brings me joy."

IMG_0332.jpg

With that, he slammed his axe into the back of Gerrid's head.

IMG_0334.jpg

"This meeting is adjourned . You may now return to your quarters."

IMG_0337.jpg

It is now night-time. Please send me your night actions within 48 hours. Day Three will be posted within 72 hours.