Leo604

American Football

Yeah Niners.

Maybe we could do picks for the rest of the season, instead of the league since we were to late. Anyone else in? I'd be happy to organize.

It's interesting to see the number of people into Throw-Ball ! :rofl:

Funny, how close NFL is to NRL.....except in NRL you must pass the ball back and no blocking......real funny thing is the drop goal which is used in Rugby Union/League and Aussie/International Rules is an actual approved method of scoring in the NFL (the last NFL drop goal was in 2006, before that 1942).

Is that the reason that the NFL scouts the land of Oz for punters eh ? :rofl:

Looks like my old post got lost. Go Chicago Bears and Illinois Fighting Illini (although they have had a rough decade)! Being from Chicago and having a cousin who played for Notre Dame a long time ago, I'm a quasi-fan of the Fighting Irish as well.

Talking about fantasy football, this year has been rough for me. I have finished in the top 4 in roughly a dozen or more leagues going back to '03, but I started 0-8 between my two leagues this year before getting my first win. My wife even has a better record than me, and this is her first year playing ..ugh!

Frank Gore is a fantasy hero.

That is all.

Seriously though, it was a good game last night even though there weren't a ridiculous number of points being scored. If I get lucky, I could maybe get 5-2 in one of my leagues.

I'm a big Green Bay Packers fan, and I also like the Niners. We're 3-3 this season, but of course it should be 4-2... anyways, our team is as good as ever, and I have no doubt we will do very well this season.

I don't really follow college football, but if I were rooting for a team it would be the Wisconsin Badgers, whose quaterback last year is the QB for the Seahawks this year.

I don't really follow college football, but if I were rooting for a team it would be the Wisconsin Badgers, whose quaterback last year is the QB for the Seahawks this year.

Montee Ball is one of my favourite college backs this year...just saying. Hoping the Bengals can draft him next year if they do bad enough.

LSU won last night, so now for the Sunday night game tonight with the Bengals against Pittsburgh.

I'm a big Green Bay Packers fan, and I also like the Niners. We're 3-3 this season, but of course it should be 4-2... anyways, our team is as good as ever, and I have no doubt we will do very well this season.

I watched that game, and I couldn't have been happier (I am a Bears fan) or shocked. However, I will say: you guys really didn't deserve that loss, and even as a DIEHARD Bears fan, I hope that doesn't cost you in the long run (I just hope that losses to other teams costs ya - HA!). Well, we'll see if we can handle the Lions at home tomorrow. Da Bears!

A bunch of Bengals fantasy players on bye this week (technically the whole team is on bye), so hopefully Romo doesn't choke. <_<

I've also had to resort to starting Brady Quinn and Matt Hasselbeck in one of my other leagues, which definitely is not going to end well.

I'm very happy to see that the Patriots go into their by week with another win.

I started Jay Cutler, don't think I got to many points off of him, let's see how I did this week...

I got really lucky to pick up Titus Young off waivers this week; now I have someboyd dependable at flex.

I started Jay Cutler, don't think I got to many points off of him, let's see how I did this week...

That's a rough one to start today. I don't know how they score in your league, but in our league, Cutler only got 1.5 points (he was on the team I was playing!). At halftime, he had -12 points lol.

Squeaked out another win this week even though RG3 had a sub-par game. Did anyone watch the Cowboys/Giants game? That was a great game. Stayed up close to 1am watching that game. Football really is a game of inches. If Dez Bryant's fingers hadn't been out everyone would be talking about how the Giants choked. But Bryant was out so now we talk about how the Cowboys lost again.

That's a rough one to start today. I don't know how they score in your league, but in our league, Cutler only got 1.5 points (he was on the team I was playing!). At halftime, he had -12 points lol.

Brady Quinn was even first; in one of my leagues Andy Dalton was on bye and all the other good starters were taken, so I ended up losing 1.60 points off him. <_<

Titus Young was an epic pickup, though.

Good, I got 8 points off Cutler, got to get my QB position fixed. However, I got 28 points off Gronkowski and 19 off Tynes. But I still lost, I'm 3-5 now. Gah.

LSU Alabama rematch tonight 7 EST, make sure you guys watch that!

(Even though LSU'll probably get thrashed. <_<)

Well it's week 12, I'm thinking we'll see Green Bay, Houston, or the Giants in the Super Bowl this year. On the other side, I'm thinking Patriots or Falcons. Though we'll see how the year keeps going.

And I'm very happy with the Patriots win Thursday, we're 8-3 now. There shouldn't be to much trouble with Miami next week.

Well it's week 12, I'm thinking we'll see Green Bay, Houston, or the Giants in the Super Bowl this year. On the other side, I'm thinking Patriots or Falcons. Though we'll see how the year keeps going.

Well Green Bay, Giants, and Falcons are all NFC teams and Patriots and Houston are AFC so Giants vs Falcons, or Pats vs Houston in the Super Bowl can't happen :wink:

I'm thinking we will see Houston vs 49ers and it will be a great game! Those defenses are incredible, and very fun to watch!

Well Green Bay, Giants, and Falcons are all NFC teams and Patriots and Houston are AFC so Giants vs Falcons, or Pats vs Houston in the Super Bowl can't happen :wink:

I'm thinking we will see Houston vs 49ers and it will be a great game! Those defenses are incredible, and very fun to watch!

No I meant they'll probably be in the division playoffs. :wink: Seeing as GB lost because of the Giants pass rush, who knows what'll happen. It's been a good year though.

No I meant they'll probably be in the division playoffs. :wink: Seeing as GB lost because of the Giants pass rush, who knows what'll happen. It's been a good year though.

Oh ok I see now! Ya it definitely has been a good year for football! Too bad the game tonight is such a stinker...

In my opinion I think the Falcons will go 14-2 and lose in the divisional round of the playoffs like the Packers did last year; hopefully they don't, since I'm sort of a Matt Ryan fan myself. Considering how well Andre Johnson and Arian Foster have been playing though, I'd be surprised if Houston didn't at least make it to the AFC Championship.

Notre Dame and Alabama also set for the national championship, assuming the latter win the SEC championship; which I hope they don't.

Also, any thoughts on Colin Kaepernick starting over Alex Smith yesterday?

He will be the starter for the rest of the year. He just adds more dimensions to that offense and makes them a lot more intimidating than Alex Smith does.

As for the ND vs SEC team in the Championship game, I don't think it matters who they play, either way I see ND getting obliterated.

Seeing as GB lost because of the Giants pass rush, who knows what'll happen. It's been a good year though.

We will definitely have to step up our game after that one... :facepalm: Chances are, though, that GB will still get in the playoffs. Falcons will obviously get first seed, and although we aren't division leaders (damn Bears :tongue: ), we're still better than most of the NFC. Right now I think we're 4th or 5th, so unless the Cowboys or Redskins catch up... (which they might, awesome game this Thanksgiving).