Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

Heroica RPG - Quest #49: The Light That Reveals Everything

The party doubles back down the stairs and out through the door that the mud tracks where leading to. Just outside the door they step in a muddy puddle.

Next to a vegetable patch there is a small shed and a pile of manure. The gardener Ansar is working with the vegetables when he sees the heroes coming.

8173507979_609976eecb.jpg

8083331013_9b49f4f81c_t.jpg

"Hello there!"

"Hello Ansar, what kind of crops do you grow here?" Alexis hesitates before adding. "Did you hear about the murder last night?"

"Hello Ansar, what kind of crops do you grow here?" Alexis hesitates before adding. "Did you hear about the murder last night?"

"Beets and cabbage and lettuce and some spinach. Top quality I assure you.

Yes, the murder of sir Mandric. Priestess Mandrea came and told me. Poor girl was all upset.

Care for a carrot?"

"Sure, a carrot couldn't hurt." She smiles at the man. "The chef told me about your 'underground' tavern, have you seen him this morning?"

"Sure, a carrot couldn't hurt." She smiles at the man. "The chef told me about your 'underground' tavern, have you seen him this morning?"

"We better not talk about that, miss. After all, we don't have the problem anymore. Fat Mats is probably in the kitchen, I saw him go in there earlier."

Alexis gets a carrot:

Pic coming later Carrot - Restores up to 5 health to the target. Double as effective to rabbits.

Friends can ask questions, too. When party comes upon potential suspects, friends should get as much information as possible.

Cronk's daddy used to read Cronk mysteries all time when Cronk was little. Cronk did not like mysteries as well as adventure stories and Krellik used to spoil ending by guessing murderer...

So Cronk knows witnesses are important clue. Muddy footprints also good clue and Ansar could have made them.

"So, Ansar, where exactly were you last night? And Is there anyone who can confirm this?"

While he waits for Ansar to answer ( :snicker:) his question, Haldor takes a look inside the shed for anything of intrest.

Wait, shouldn't friends question further?

Where was Ansar last night?

8083329513_162482a891_t.jpg

"That is none of your business."

"So, Ansar, where exactly were you last night? And Is there anyone who can confirm this?"

"Hey, I don't like your tone mister. Where I was last night is nothing you should care about, it was private. Where were you yourself?"

While he waits for Ansar to answer ( :snicker:) his question, Haldor takes a look inside the shed for anything of intrest.

Haldor checks the shed and finds a shovel, a pickaxe and a knife:

heroica-shovel.jpg Shovel – Allows the hero to dig the ground in search of a treasure.

heroica-pickaxe.jpg Pickaxe – Allows the hero to dig through a breakable wall or obstacle.

heroica-throwingknife.jpg Knife - WP: 4, ranged, retrievable, throwing weapon, suitable for rangers and rogues.

Haldor also finds some long, blond hairs in the shed. But Ansar notices how Haldor is snooping around in the shed:

"Hey, get out of there! Those are my tools, get your own!"

"Hey, I don't like your tone mister. Where I was last night is nothing you should care about, it was private. Where were you yourself?".

Haldor raised an eyebrow.

"You seem rather touchy, mister, after all I did was ask a couple of honest questions. 'It was private', you say? So something did happen after all then? Thanks for your help, Ansar, however grudging it was. Oh, and as for me, I was in my bed, asleep. See, why wouldn't you want to answer me unless you have something to hide, which you've nearly just admitted to me here?"

The Nord stepped back and whispered so that only his friends could hear.

"Wait, Mandric was blonde-ish, wasn't he?

"No no Haldor, he had brown hair, that novice Najdalena had blond hair though..." Alexis lets her sentence trail off.

"No no Haldor, he had brown hair, that novice Najdalena had blond hair though..." Alexis lets her sentence trail off.

Haldor coughed.

"Shh, keep your voice down. I think that we ought to go at pay her a visit then, see what she knows..."

Haldor coughed again.

"I was whispering you know. If you're ready to move on so am I, but let's wait until Cronk is done." She whispers back.

"Oh, and as for me, I was in my bed, asleep."

"I've heard otherwise."

Mr. ansar realizes that Ansar is a suspect in a murder investigation, right? Cronk merely asking for alibi and giving Ansar opportunity to give one.

"Pft! Murder investigation, yeah right. As if anyone cares. We are much better off without that high-muck-a-muck! But I didn't kill him, that should be enough for you.

Now excuse me, while I go and take care of the apple trees. I've just realized how much I prefer the company of silent, non -condemning plants."

Ansar walks away from the heroes and around the corner of the private rooms.

Well, Ansar did not do any favors for self there. Cronk does not feel that Cronk can cross Ansar off as suspect. But party should move on and talk to other suspects.

Where do you want to search for the novices and which way do you want to take there?

You are currently at the garden which is connected to the Private Rooms, that you just searched, and the Kitchen.

8087939424_bbe5a93c6f_z.jpg

The heroes go to the kitchen through a back door from the garden. Inside they find the chef Fat Mats:

8179729456_d471f1e4eb_z.jpg

8083323518_6cc8766b90_t.jpg

"Huh? Where did you come from? I hope you are not here for lunch, it's not served until noon. But you guys didn't seem to be especially punctual about meal times anyway."

Haldor coughed.

"No, actually, mister. My friends and I are here to ask a few questions, if you wouldn't mind sticking around. Sir, could you tell me where you were last night?"

Haldor coughed.

"No, actually, mister. My friends and I are here to ask a few questions, if you wouldn't mind sticking around. Sir, could you tell me where you were last night?"

8083323518_6cc8766b90_t.jpg

"This is about the murder I presume? Well, I slept all night until 2 hours before sunrise and then got up to prepare breakfast as usual. Your elven friend can testify for that, I invited her to join me."

"Fair enough, I suppose. But I think that you can probably be of some help to us in our investigation. Have you ever noticed anything at all odd about the gardener, Ansar, while you've been here? He got very irate when we asked him simple questions, and we found some blonde hairs strewn in his shed. Would you have any idea if he has been up to anything lately?"

And of Mandric, what was your impression of him?"

Haldor scratched his nose.