EdgeMax

Hi everyone

Hi i'm EdgeMax

I'm from Denmark and I'm new here to EB, I have just learned of its existence a few days ago.

I haven't built anything with Lego since I was a kid and now 25 years later I got my own kid which is why I started to gain interest in it again.

I don't haven anything left from my childhood so I'm starting from scratch, I really like Lego Star Wars so I bought the Death Star, and I work for Maersk so I got the Maersk Container ship and Maersk Train pretty cheap. But I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a lot of blocks so I can start building my own stuff.

I have already enjoyed a lot of the articles on the site and look forward to a lot more, so see you around on the forums.

Welcome in Eurobricks EdgeMax, Hope you enjoy our forum :wink: :wink:

I haven't built anything with Lego since I was a kid and now 25 years later I got my own kid which is why I started to gain interest in it again.

I think this is how quite a few of us ended up here. I wish my parents hadn't given away my childhood Lego.

Anyway, welcome to Eurobricks!

My son is only 2 years old so it will be a while before he ventures into the big sets, at the moment he is quite fond of his Duplo :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks, EdgeMax! I have a 2-year old Niece, whom I've been buying Duplo for for Christmas as well.

I'm kinda curious, but based on yo saying that you work for Maersk and your collectible minifig sailor avatar, I'm guessing you're a Merchant Seaman, right? As a former US Navy sailor, I've always been curious as to what it was like on one of those big container ships, as compared to the dinky destroyer I was stationed on for 3 years of my service (it was quite cramped: Even though I am about average height, I still regularly hit my head on pipes and stuff hooked to the overheads of the passageways).

...Of course if that's too personal or prying, I apologize.

Hi Hikaro

The Container ships are quite enormous and there is an awful lot of space, there are even elevators between decks. I used to be a Lieutenant in the Royal Danish Navy so I know what you mean about cramped quarters. Presently I am working in the offshore sector on supply and anchor handling vessels, they are a lot smaller than container ships but still a lot of room to come around.

And luckily in these modern times we have satellite internet, wireless all over the ship, so I can follow the forums on eurobricks when I'm not home. And nowadays we only do 4-6 weeks on the ship and 4-6 weeks at home, when I began we were away for 3 months at a time and no satellite communication.