Sign in to follow this  
Toastie

Did se schpell schecker disappear or is it just me?

Dear admins,

I am not a native English speaker - did the spell check feature disappear or am I too dumb to find the right button? I really liked that one.

All the best,

Thorsten

Are you sure it wasn't your browser doing it? EB has never had one that I've been aware of.

if you are using firefox here is the fix(got this from avsim, another ipboard based forum).:

Forum Users:

Ever since AVSIM (*and many other sites who use IPBoard) switched to this new version of the forum software, I had lost the squiggly red-underline spellchecking feature which Firefox has so faithfully provided. Other browsers seemingly had no issues, but something went bad for Firefox users after IPBoard got updated.

Here's a fix which worked for me, and might work for you if you have the same issue.

• Start by opening any forum, and either "Start A New Topic" or "Reply to an Existing Topic" as if you wished to actually post.
  • Type any word in the body of your message... preferably a misspelled word. smile.png
  • RIGHT CLICK on that word, and from the popup menu select the "Languages >" flyout at the bottom.
  • Select the language you wish to use - probably English.

Confirm your selection by right clicking on a word again, going to the Language menu, and verify that there is now a bullet/dot next to the language you selected. A bullet/dot means that dictionary language is selected.

Edited by fluffybunny

Great that works. :classic:

If you are using Firefox and you do not see a Language than you should click on dictionary instead and then install the one of your choice.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Are you sure it wasn't your browser doing it? EB has never had one that I've been aware of.

There was a plugin that worked with the forum board, but that was a long time ago. I haven't seen it in years, but I specifically remember downloading the plugin after clicking the button within the reply box.

Either way, Google Chrome underlines my misspellings in real time, no spell check is needed.