CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I was skeptical at first. Now that I see the pictures I think I may have to pass. I'm not too set on the turtle look, mostly their face prints I think. The head mold works well. I love Shredder and the foot soldier. I'm iffy on Splinter. And Krang looks okay, but I'd expect a much larger Hagrid or larger sized figure. But this opens up more money for other themes, so thank you TLG.

I was too old to be awed by the Turtles when they hit big in the 80's and the terrible live action movies didn't do much to gain my love. The CGI movie 'TMNT' from 2007 is what piqued my interest really. IMHO that's the best the turtles have ever looked and the movie wasn't that bad. Damn shame there weren't more CGI movies. Live action turtles is just wrong and they deserve better than cheap minimal frame animation.

These Lego sets will probably not interest me. Judging by the style of the Shellraiser vehicle. The roof wedges might be worth having but other than that it's really just the minifigures that are worth getting. maybe not Dogpound though. He looks like a Crash Bandicoot ripoff.

Shame dark Leo is an exclusive. Would have liked him. There's no way I'm going to pay through the nose for a minifigure exclusive.

Really hoping Casey is in one of the other sets. I'd rather get him than April.

I was skeptical at first. Now that I see the pictures I think I may have to pass. I'm not too set on the turtle look, mostly their face prints I think. The head mold works well. I love Shredder and the foot soldier. I'm iffy on Splinter. And Krang looks okay, but I'd expect a much larger Hagrid or larger sized figure. But this opens up more money for other themes, so thank you TLG.

Kraang(s) in the new series isn't big but normal human sized. They're also generic as heck so I'm not interested in the new ones...

If they ever did stuff based on the earlier cartoon which is doubtful then yes, he'd have to be bigger.

Nice figs but the line doesn't interest me. I like the shoulder piece on the Samurai guy. Gives me hope we may see Mother Talzin in the Clone Wars line one day,

I think this line has a lot of potential. I do very much appreciate that, like Spongebob, Lego is spending extra money to change the Turtle's faces across their sets. As shown in FBTB's Flickr account, the single minifigure image of Leo shows him with a thin mouth, while the Leo packed with the Shellraiser has an open mouth ( 79103_Leonardo).

Also, I can see why people don't like the Shellraiser, but the design is fairly faithful to the new show. You can see how the action figure vehicle compares - and maybe get an idea of what Shredder's Dragon Bike looks like - here: http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/toys/vehicles.

For me, what hurts the Lego Shellraiser design a bit is the use of a pink plate to back one third of the graffiti. However, I think the designer's use of Technic axles above the wheels is very inventive, and captures the look of the pipes from the action figure vehicle.

I think this line has a lot of potential. I do very much appreciate that, like Spongebob, Lego is spending extra money to change the Turtle's faces across their sets. As shown in FBTB's Flickr account, the single minifigure image of Leo shows him with a thin mouth, while the Leo packed with the Shellraiser has an open mouth (http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/).

Good catch, I didn't realize that before. This means we will get different expressions for the turtles.

I do very much appreciate that, like Spongebob, Lego is spending extra money to change the Turtle's faces across their sets. As shown in FBTB's Flickr account, the single minifigure image of Leo shows him with a thin mouth, while the Leo packed with the Shellraiser has an open mouth (http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/).

Well, that's good and bad news. It's certainly nice to get some variety, but this also means that we probably wont get any versions of them with white eyes. Why couldn't they leave out the pupils on the angry Leo like they did on the Dark Leo? :cry_sad: It would have made it much less painful not to have the exclusive black version. Also, having variety means that you will really have to get every set to get all minifigures of this theme.

Am I alone in my opinion that Splinter looks like one of the worst minifigures ever?

Possibly. I for one think he's pretty spot on. He probably just looks a bit odd because we're looking at him from straight-on. I'm sure he'll look better from other angles.

After looking at the set list, it seems set number 79105 will be a Special Edition set. Or better yet, Baxter's Revenge. :wub:

I can honestly say this is the one theme I will be getting every single set and exclusive for! I love the design of the turtles and Shredder the best!

Am I alone in my opinion that Splinter looks like one of the worst minifigures ever?

I think he also looks hideous, but after watching the new cartoon, he is very accurate.

Was at NYCC today.

I won a turtle.

He has NO back printing (instead, he has a shell, which is a new backpack mold) and a new head mold.

The skateboard is the coolest part.

I want to get the Krang Android but I doubt I'll find one, seeing as he's selling for more than the NYCC exclusive turtle.

Turtles look awesome(and very accurate to the show). I haven't seen the Turtle Van in the show yet, but I don't really care for it's looks. In regards to the figures appearances, much like CW, you have to remember the source. According to which, they look just as they should. I await seeing the rest of these!

Edited by Legocrazy81

Is there any chance of getting a LEGO TMNT videogame?

That would be cool.

Speaking of April, I could see her manufactured from a Friends mould.

Was at NYCC today.

I won a turtle.

He has NO back printing (instead, he has a shell, which is a new backpack mold) and a new head mold.

The skateboard is the coolest part.

I want to get the Krang Android but I doubt I'll find one, seeing as he's selling for more than the NYCC exclusive turtle.

Lucky you,mind taking some detailed pics from the fig?

TMNT was the first franchise I came into contact with as a child in the late 80s and it is still one of my favourite ones, so I did expect the worst from the new TV show. I was very surprised when I saw the first new episode, because i liked it - a lot!

That being said, I'm not overly enthusiastic about the LEGO theme. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars, these themes all made me extremely excited and I could not wait to see the new sets. But TMNT? I don't now, I don't see this franchise as being compatible with the whole LEGO vibe and after seing the figures and the Shellraiser set, I am kind of disappointed. :sad:

Edited by Speedboat

I don't watch the cartoon but I thought Shredder's suit was black, and what's with the unusual Foot Soilder?

Edited by TheRedGuy

While I certainly appreciate that everyone has their own opinion, I am a bit surprised at all the hate being tossed toward these sets. I think that Lego does an excellent job staying true to the Nickelodeon source material while managing to give each set and figure a unique Lego feel. Maybe everyone was expecting this line to be based more on the 80s show? Anyway, I haven't been this excited about a new line since the announcement of TLOR and the Hobbit sets. The only downside to such an exciting line is that it makes this year very expensive....

We can not judge a whole new theme based on one set and a selection of minifigs.....only once we have seen all the products for this new theme can we truly say if it's good or bad. :wink:

We can not judge a whole new theme based on one set and a selection of minifigs.....only once we have seen all the products for this new theme can we truly say if it's good or bad. :wink:

I disagree. I like the new series, I like LEGO, I just don't "feel" the combination of the two. The minifigs are certainly nicely executed versions of the new TV characters, but TMNT apparently just does not work for me in LEGO. Even if the other sets are faithful recreations of the TV versions and great sets in general, that won't really change my mind about this license. :sceptic:

I think it's mainly the heads. I know that regular minifig heads may not have looked great either, but all these special molds go well beyond the things I consider to be cornerstones of the LEGO style.

Meh. The turtles are cool, but the vehicles are not the greatest, specially the white one. So blocky! :sick:

dogpound looks like crash bandicoot.

I have to agree with you. He really does.