CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

As stated above the sets have cool colours and parts but they definitely look like they are targeted at (surprise surprise) Kids who watch nickelodeon. I'm not sure why we are all so surprised as to the "basic" looking quality of the builds.

I think this is a typical case of us AFOLS wanting sets to always be built for us! My nephew who is 9 thinks they are the best thing since coco-pops!

Some of the minfigs are awesome!! I'll be picking them up from bricklink as and when I can. Shredder looks like a must!

Personally I think all the vehicles look horrible so far but hey IMO they aren't targeted at my demographic.

I even think the builds aren't as basic-looking as people are making them out to be. A lot of them make clever use of Technic and SNOT techniques to achieve the desired look, even if the end result feels somewhat childish due to deliberately ramshackle designs and bright colors.

The only one that really baffles me is Baxter's robot suit, because while neat-looking, a bit of quick research reveals that it looks next to nothing like his suit in the show, unless he happens to have more than one. It's also perhaps the most basic-looking of the sets, though then again that's only comparing it to other LEGO mechs, which tend towards greater complexity than typical LEGO vehicles to begin with.

Edited by Aanchir

The only one that really baffles me is Baxter's robot suit, because while neat-looking, a bit of quick research reveals that it looks next to nothing like his suit in the show, unless he happens to have more than one. It's also perhaps the most basic-looking of the sets, though then again that's only comparing it to other LEGO mechs, which tend towards greater complexity than typical LEGO vehicles to begin with.

I had the same thought. It's the one set that I was a bit disappointed in - I will definitely be creating my own more 'accurate to the show' version. (Or just a really cool-looking hybrid) :tongue:

The only one that really baffles me is Baxter's robot suit, because while neat-looking, a bit of quick research reveals that it looks next to nothing like his suit in the show, unless he happens to have more than one.

Baxter's robot changes later into "StockmanPod" and it's the version fatured in set.

Here is it:

tumblr_mcgztn6W0B1r2nvplo1_500.jpg

And link to better resolution of the image:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcgztn6W0B1r2nvplo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Krulis

Baxter's robot changes later into "StockmanPod" and it's the version fatured in set.

Here is it:

That's it then, and also looking at the estimates I did I think I pretty much nailed it, Stealth Shell £14.99, Kraang's Lab £9.99 and Shredder set £19.99, and I estimated 200 pieces (2 pieces out.) Also it's like a giant mouser.

Edited by Jackattack7

Here is it:

And link to better resolution of the image:

http://25.media.tumb...nvplo1_1280.jpg

Oh no, that's certainly the suit I had in mind - I can't speak for Aanchir, though. It's a very stout design, and somehow the LEGO version ended up way too tall and thin. A bit stretched out if you will. A lot of it is their choice of pieces - though I'm not familiar enough with the LEGO piece database to know what they could've used instead. (I'm just secretly hoping that that round trans glass piece we see Baxter through isn't one giant sticker...)

Ultimately, the final version just doesn't portray the weight and size of the cartoon counterpart. Not that I don't appreciate the try, but still.

Edited by Miles

Too bad that robot can't fold like in cartoon. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Krulis

Too bad that robot can't fold like in cartoon. :hmpf_bad:

I know, right! That's exactly what I was thinking!

I'm waiting for Bebop and Rocksteady. And Toka and Razar. And the Rat King. There's no TMNT without the Rat King.

Sadly, you may be waiting a while...I don't see them making an appearance. Maybe if this line lasts long enough and us 'old farts' make a big enough stink(I know, right...:wink:) they'll make some old school Turtle sets with some of the beloved characters.

I :wub: Baxter's mech! And April's minifigure is awesome as well. Please let this line continue through next season when the turtles go into Dimension X. We need a Triceraton minifigure :drool:

I wish you hadn't mentioned Triceraton...I wouldn't really recommend this for die hard fans, but I went on eBay and searched for Triceraton, what a mistake that was. I just about bought him and a lot more characters I loved.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I wish you hadn't mentioned Triceraton...I wouldn't really recommend this for die hard fans, but I went on eBay and searched for Triceraton, what a mistake that was. I just about bought him and a lot more characters I loved.

:laugh: I had a fantastic collection of TMNT figures and vehicles as a kid but I sold them all at a garage sale when I was a teenager. :cry_sad: The stupidity of youth. But the Rat King is already confirmed for the show so if we get another series of sets this summer, here is hoping for him and Leatherhead who will also be in the show.

I have loads of tmnt figures dating back to 1992, they are playmates toys, I think I'm going to sell them all on eBay this week though, I'll probably get a few of the turtles sets because they have grown on me, the coolest things about my turtles figurines are that they morf into different characters e.g. Splinter into a man and April into a tiger, I don't know if these are worth anything or not but I hope I get quite a bit of money for them, :S

*snip* the Rat King is already confirmed for the show so if we get another series of sets this summer, here is hoping for him and Leatherhead who will also be in the show.

Also Flaming carrot from what I've been reading. The producers seem to be favouring really odd mutations.

^ Yeah I read that. One of Bob Burden's creations which made a cameo in a few of the TMNT comics. Interesting choice for the show but I hope he doesn't make it into minifigure form :laugh: On a sad note they did confirm that Usagi Yojimbo (the samurai rabbit) will not make it into the show.Which stinks because he would have been an awesome figure to get.

The only gripe I have with a few of these sets are the smaller vehicles. The glider and the golf cart(?) from Baxter's Rampage seem poorly designed. I would have rather they have taken them out and given us two more skateboards :wub: and used the pieces to make the mech bigger or given us a few more mousers. The same thing with Don's skateboard creation in the Shredder set. They just seem a bit meh.

I am so tempted to get one of those early to check them out, also who thinks that girl is really annoying. :thumbup:

Anyone who's met her, I imagine.

I made the mistake of starting to watch one of those videos last week and quickly turned it off. It's ridiculous - I can see what the figures look like in the pictures - I don't need to watch a video clip of someone pointing out the obvious details for several minutes. (With or without the wretchedly annoying child...)

Really, Chadmin should be posting a disclaimer.... :grin:

Oh no, that's certainly the suit I had in mind - I can't speak for Aanchir, though. It's a very stout design, and somehow the LEGO version ended up way too tall and thin. A bit stretched out if you will. A lot of it is their choice of pieces - though I'm not familiar enough with the LEGO piece database to know what they could've used instead. (I'm just secretly hoping that that round trans glass piece we see Baxter through isn't one giant sticker...)

Ultimately, the final version just doesn't portray the weight and size of the cartoon counterpart. Not that I don't appreciate the try, but still.

Oh no, I was thinking of the suit I had seen in promotional images of the character which I believe somebody linked to earlier in this topic. Truth be told, the set is a pretty darn good likeness of the larger suit, considering the price point, target age range, and irregular shape of the subject. The mousers in that image also look a lot more like the one in the set than the ones in the blurry screenshots I had seen. Now that I've seen this, I have to say I am hardly disappointed at all with the TMNT lineup with regard to accuracy.

Damn I just missed out on an elite footsoldier on ebay, in the end it went for $13 (£9), which is not bad because the set it's in is $60. I might get a buy it now one for $13.50, although I'm saving for an ipad mini, DC sets and the cheap TMNT sets (also a nikon because my camera is broken.) On topic there is a lot of Donatello's and i'm seeing a few Raph's.

Damn I just missed out on an elite footsoldier on ebay, in the end it went for $13 (£9), which is not bad because the set it's in is $60. I might get a buy it now one for $13.50, although I'm saving for an ipad mini, DC sets and the cheap TMNT sets (also a nikon because my camera is broken.)

If price is a concern, why not wait until the sets are actually released to ge the minifigs...?

I am so tempted to get one of those early to check them out, also who thinks that girl is really annoying. :thumbup:

Anyone who's met her, I imagine.

I made the mistake of starting to watch one of those videos last week and quickly turned it off. It's ridiculous - I can see what the figures look like in the pictures - I don't need to watch a video clip of someone pointing out the obvious details for several minutes. (With or without the wretchedly annoying child...)

Really, Chadmin should be posting a disclaimer.... :grin:

Are you serious, asking who else thinks a "child" is annoying on a mostly adult forum? I really hope your a teenager, because if not, your the one that has some serious growing up to do. "Wretchedly annoying"?. All i see is a "child" who loves Lego and has the opportunity to share it with their father. I actually like watching their videos more than most other Lego channels because of there cool parent/child bond. Also about "annoying". Its pretty "annoying" when adults make assumptions on children they no nothing about.

Let's keep the discussion on topic. Opinions of off-site reviews should remain off-site. Or nowhere, if you want to post mean things about a child behind her back.

With all these minifigs hitting Ebay it makes me think that maybe the sets are released somewhere already? I find it really hard to believe that there were that many factory leaks *huh*

With all these minifigs hitting Ebay it makes me think that maybe the sets are released somewhere already? I find it really hard to believe that there were that many factory leaks *huh*

I'm pretty sure they're from independent retailers that received the 2013 sets from LEGO early. They can't legally sell the sets, but what stops them from selling figures from the sets? :wink:

Haha I just don't know at this point! It just seems weird that there are so many figs on Ebay already, maybe I will take a look and see if anybody is selling actual sets at the moment :look:

EDIT: Nope couldn't find any. Makes me all the more confused.

Edited by Spider-Man

Ok. I was never very much into Lego adopting other franchises, and I'm very unpleased that Laird dediced to sell his child to Nicolodeon but...

WHY ON EARTH to they call it "NICOLODEON Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles"?

Like if Nicolodeon have invented them.

Ok - the sets don't look that bad, right - they own the property... but it isn't their child. They've never had anything to do with creating PHENOMENON... baa... TMNT franchise is worth much more than the whole NICOLODEON itself.

They've never created anything special on their own... well... I like the Penguins but they are made on the license. Spongebob? No thank you...

Now it looks like they want to take all the credit for TMNT for themselves and cut 25 previous years out of the story...

Thumbs down :thumbdown:

Ok. I was never very much into Lego adopting other franchises, and I'm very unpleased that Laird dediced to sell his child to Nicolodeon but...

WHY ON EARTH to they call it "NICOLODEON Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles"?

Like if Nicolodeon have invented them.

Ok - the sets don't look that bad, right - they own the property... but it isn't their child. They've never had anything to do with creating PHENOMENON... baa... TMNT franchise is worth much more than the whole NICOLODEON itself.

They've never created anything special on their own... well... I like the Penguins but they are made on the license. Spongebob? No thank you...

Now it looks like they want to take all the credit for TMNT for themselves and cut 25 previous years out of the story...

Thumbs down :thumbdown:

Because Nickoloden owns the rights to TMNT right now, they get to put their logo by anything they own for merchandising. Plus this is very off topic. They aren't ignoring the whole TMNT mythos, there's plenty of nods to the original series in this new one. Dogpound and FishFace are the Bebop and Rocksteady of this series. Be thankful we are even getting a Lego TMNT liscence now.

Plus they've created original stuff too. Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Edited by Neville longbottem

I grew up with all the TMNT cartoons and movies. But I try not to be nostalgic. And I think the new show is the best incarnation so far. It's atmosphere is very close to the original comics. It is really good animated, very funny and the characters are great. I've just compared it to some of the old cartoon episodes and I think this new incarnation is much better.

...but I don't like the Lego sets very much. The minifigures are cool, but I don't like the design of the vehicles and sets. If there would be a minifigure pack, it would be very hard for TLG to sell the other sets.