CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

I am impressed with all (apart from the shellraiser), but I think at January I will only get the Kraang Lab escape and the Stealth Shell. And loving the Robot set, return of the nano bot things from 2003 series.

Awesome!!! I'm really impressed with all of the sets, and very happy that we're getting an April minifig. From the look of things, the Shellraiser is the largest set - and wasn't it confirmd as MSRP $60? Look like this theme will be a lot more affordable than I thought. :classic:

Thank you so much! :classic:

79005 looks amazing! I love the April and Baxter figures! :wub:

And the 79001 looks way better up close!

Yeah, all amazing. I love that they call Chris Bradford in the Lair attack "Dark Ninja". I was hoping for an April figure, she looks good, would be better if she had a new molded hair, the one they gave her doesn't do it justice. I like Donnie's staff can change, makes me hate it's look less. Anyone noticed that Mikey's nunchucks in the Kraang set are normal rods, maybe cause the don't have to put a tooth piece in it. I'll be getting four of the sets to get all the main characters of the Turtles mythos. The Shellraiser and Stealth Shell don't appear to interest me, not my highest priority.

Kraang lab is a must have, cool minifigs and pieces in a small set is always nice

The other one I'm going to buy is a shredder bike, but in this case mostly for minifigs

turtle lair is also great, if I were a kid it would be #1 buy, but I think I'll wait and maybe get it on sales

Edited by KZB

The "Turtle Lair Attack" set lists 5 named minifigs on the box, but there also seems to be a monochrome brown figure on a yellow plate (spinning turntable?) in the background wall section. Interestingly colored helmet too.

I'm interested in that set for the splinter minifigure, because I have a sub-collection of minifigs that have printed 2x2x2 slopes for legs. For 488 pieces and a licensed theme they'll probably MSRP it around...what? $60 USD?

I'm guessing:

Kraang's Lab Escape £9.99

Stealth Shell In Pursuit £14.99

Shredder's Dragon Bike £19.99

Baxter's Robot Rampage £39.99

Turtle Lair Attack £49.99

Shellraiser Street Chase £59.99

The "Turtle Lair Attack" set lists 5 named minifigs on the box, but there also seems to be a monochrome brown figure on a yellow plate (spinning turntable?) in the background wall section. Interestingly colored helmet too.

I'm interested in that set for the splinter minifigure, because I have a sub-collection of minifigs that have printed 2x2x2 slopes for legs. For 488 pieces and a licensed theme they'll probably MSRP it around...what? $60 USD?

It will be less than 60. The Shellraiser is the biggest set, and it's MSRP is supposed to be $60. I would guess it's going to be close to the following:

Kraang Lab Escape--$10 to $12

Stealth Shell in Pursuit--$20

Shredder's Dragon Pursuit--$25

Baxter's Robot Rampage--$30

Turtle Lair Attack--$40 or $50

Shellraiser Street Chase--$60

And Jackattack7--just saw your post!

Edited by BigHobbit

It will be less than 60. The Shellraiser is the biggest set, and it's MSRP is supposed to be $60. I would guess it's going to be close to the following:

Kraang Lab Escape--$10 to $12

Stealth Shell in Pursuit--$20

Shredder's Dragon Pursuit--$25

Baxter's Robot Rampage--$30

Turtle Lair Attack--$40 or $50

Shellraiser Street Chase--$60

And Jackattack7--just saw your post!

Shredder's Dragon Pursuit will be $20. It has 198 pieces. Wolverine's Chopper Showdown (another licensed set) had 201 pieces and sold for $20.

Shredder's Dragon Pursuit will be $20. It has 198 pieces. Wolverine's Chopper Showdown (another licensed set) had 201 pieces and sold for $20.

Good point! Maybe the Stealth Cycle is $15 and the Shredder cycle is $20? I can live with that. :-)

And again with the funhouse that had 380 pieces and was also an exclusive at £39.99. I don't mean to brag but I could be right. (For the first time ever when it comes to this.)

Also I see that a lot of people have member titles, how do you get one?

Edited by Jackattack7

Re: Baxter set

Why is Donatello riding a golf cart? And what's that thing that Raphael is riding?

<3 the Shredder set BTW

The minifigs are the only great thing about sets like the robot or lab sets......the Shredder's bike I do like....big...tough bikie sytle and Shredder all over ! :grin_wub:

Though also I must remember that these sets are going to purely aimed at 8 year olds so some vehicle designs similar to those in the Dino theme this year were to be expected. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Here are my price predictions (in USD):

79000 Kraang Lab Escape--$10 or $12 (this all depends on the 2013 LEGO reform: will they start to make $10 licensed sets?)

79001 Stealth Shell in Pursuit--$15 or $18 (most likely $15 due to the 2013 LEGO reform on "bang for the buck", unless they pull a LEGO City-like $18 move)

79002 Shredder's Dragon Pursuit--$20 (most likely $20 due to the 2013 LEGO reform on "bang for the buck")

79005 Baxter's Robot Rampage--$40 (see the Fun House set)

79003 Turtle Lair Attack $50 (488 pieces, come on)

79004 Shellraiser Street Chase--$60 (already confirmed)

On other news, I'm sad the Baxter set doesn't come with a Foot Soldier. I wanted every TMNT to come with one so it could replace my army of Harry Potters. :grin:

Edited by just2good