CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

Shellraiser Street Chase £39.99

That would be nice. But I believe a tag on the New York Comic Con Display showed, that the Shellraiser set will be $60. So, collecting all 4 turtles will be expensive :sceptic:

The figures gain a lot from pictures to actually watching them with full detail at video.

I am a fan of MTNT so will probably get the four of them.

That would be nice. But I believe a tag on the New York Comic Con Display showed, that the Shellraiser set will be $60. So, collecting all 4 turtles will be expensive :sceptic:

Especially Leonardo, who only comes in the big sets.

So who's gonna be the first to customize the Star Wars Gamorrean Guard into Bebop? :excited:

Ha ha, I'm getting even more excited about this line. Thanks for the link to the Brickshow review of the Michaelangelo figure as well - it was great to see it close up. (Though, incidentally the only way I can watch the Brickshow's Youtube channel is by having my speakers turned off, lol. That guy...kinda bugs me. :wink: )

Just curious: What do you think the chances are that LEGO will release additional sets beyond this initial release (5 confirmed sets + maybe Baxter Stockman)? It seems to me that the 5 sets already cover all of the main characters for TMNT, minus perhaps April O'Neill, and that any additional sets would not add much to the theme.

What are your thoughts?

Just curious: What do you think the chances are that LEGO will release additional sets beyond this initial release (5 confirmed sets + maybe Baxter Stockman)? It seems to me that the 5 sets already cover all of the main characters for TMNT, minus perhaps April O'Neill, and that any additional sets would not add much to the theme.

What are your thoughts?

I don't think that will happen because we've already got news about the 5 confirmed sets, also with the exclusive/ 6th set. But for the exclusive/ 6th set we saw a poster with an alternate face for donatello and we haven't seen anything else that points to another set, also there are two faces for each turtle making 8 so I can't see them making it 9 or 10 turtles, the only way I could see another set is if all the turtles were included (making 12 turtles), but I would like another cheap set with Leonardo, because i'm not getting the shellraiser, or the lair just yet and because i'm getting an ipad mini for sure (only need £30 then i've got it) :grin_wub: , I want enough money for those three cheap sets (also Baxter Robot set if it's £19.99 or under), and the DC superheroes sets (not Arkham yet.) But the only way I can see new sets is when the new season comes out or they might do a summer wave.

Edited by Jackattack7

More sets will depend pretty much on how well the first wave sell. If they aren't a hit with kids then there'd be no point in Lego making any more.

There are other characters that Lego could pit the turtles against in a future wave though. Snakeweed, Spider Bytez, Leatherhead, Flaming carrot, Rat king, Bigfoot to name a few. And Lego would place Turtles in almost every set regardless of how many times they'd been in sets. The Turtles are the heroes. What would be cool is battle packs. One with all four Turtles and Splinter and one with Shredder and four Foot ninjas. I reckon those would literally fly off the pegs.

I really hope that Lego continues this theme beyond the first wave. We already know that characters like Casey Jones and Leatherhead will be making appearances on the show, so there will definitely be fantastic minifig potential. Not to mention April!!!

From everything I've heard, however, TMNT toys are expected to be hot sellers. The unfortunate thing is that they won't be widely available until after Christmas. :look:

If Lego pull their finger out and get the sets on the shelves right at the beginning of January they'll catch kids spending christmas money. And parents who will get a nostalgia kick seeing them. "It's for little Johnny. Honest it is....." :innocent2:

If Lego pull their finger out and get the sets on the shelves right at the beginning of January they'll catch kids spending christmas money. And parents who will get a nostalgia kick seeing them. "It's for little Johnny. Honest it is....." :innocent2:

Well, they'll most likely be out in November(depending on your location, naturally). So parents could still lie and say its for Christmas, when they'll take it for themselves.

Well, they'll most likely be out in November(depending on your location, naturally). So parents could still lie and say its for Christmas, when they'll take it for themselves.

I think it's either 27th December 2012 or 1st January 2013.

They usually release the January sets in limited quantities at limited places before Christmas.

Both versions of Donatello:

NewDonatello.png

Donatello1.png

I think that the calm one comes in Shredder's bike and gaptooth one comes in Baxter set.

*snip*

I think that the calm one comes in Shredder's bike and gaptooth one comes in Baxter set.

Wow you can really see the different greens, I like the bottom one though.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted pics

Wow you can really see the different greens, I like the bottom one though.

The're the same shade of green. They seem to look diffrent because of bad light in first photo.

*snip*

Looks really nice! How much space does his shell take? What I'm wondering is what kind of "chairs" can the Turtles sit on?

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
removed quoted pics

For y'all wondering about the release dates of these sets, it's most likely December, not November. New licensed themes (Toy Story and Super Heroes) always start to show up around the second week of December, while unlicensed themes mostly show up in November. :wink:

Edited by just2good

It's Chris Bradford, Jackattack7. The shoulder spikes printed on the torso and bare arms give it away. Karai would most likely be dressed like the Foot ninja in the Shellraiser set which I'm guessing is a Foot elite seeing as we haven't seen one in the show yet.

Edited by Jargo

Ok thanks Jargo, so we also get a human/ ninja version of Chris Bradford before he...

Turns into Dogpound, which we get with the Shellraiser.

(Most probably knew that but just incase some people don't.)

Edited by Jackattack7

Ok thanks Jargo, so we also get a human/ ninja version of Chris Bradford before he...

Turns into Dogpound, which we get with the Shellraiser.

(Most probably knew that but just incase some people don't.)

Yup. Shame we haven't got a Xever too.

Before he turns into Fishface