deen

Modular Toy Store

I wasn't sure about this one when only the first floor was revealed, but the finished building looks fantastic. I like how you have done the "Toys" sign.

You might need some tall chain wire fencing around the roof though, otherwise you are going to end up with a few skateboarders hitting the pavement below!

Looks fantastic, I like the toys sign and Lotso looks great right there (too bad he has those brown spots though . . .) :thumbup:

Wow! You really use all sets you bought to build this neat toy store??? Very impressive! I love the signage and spiral stairs with red windows. That are my favorite parts of this toy store. Only one suggestion, add window display on the first floor. There are many toy stores do have them to get kids excited to see toys though window while walking pass by or entrying the store. Can't wait to see the interior! :)

This toystore MOC looks better and better every day I check this topic. :sweet: The skateboard ramp is an excellent addition and the little details on the roof look splendid. And your micro-figure "poles" look even better now that one floor has been added.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

So I just finished the interior of the ground and 1st floor. As I don't own many spare tiles, I was kind of stuck with the tiles included in the Lego Games.

Hope you like it.

Entrance

cimg3296.jpg

Ground Floor

cimg3302.jpg

cimg3303.jpg

1st Floor

cimg3304.jpg

cimg3307.jpg

Good idea with the tiles. Another idea came to my mind though. Did you try using tiles with matching colours? E.g. in the last pic there are skulls on purple background. You could use purple tiles instead of the red ones, you used, next to it. And dark red, and so on. Or do you try to work just with the parts of those sets?

I really like the idea. The use of Lotso is brilliant. I love the sliding doors up front and the green spiral staircase. I understand the use of the microfigs, but I don't love the aesthetic. I love the interior and the toys involved. I hadn't considered the use of microfigs as dolls or something.

And the Toys sign is brilliant. I may have to borrow that sometime!

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see more.

Love the front of the shop with the TOYS sign and the microfigs along the bottom of the front. Nice job on this.

Awesome creation! Do you add bricks from your "spare stock" or the whole building is done using those from the games?

Awesome creation! Do you add bricks from your "spare stock" or the whole building is done using those from the games?

I added some bricks from my spare stock (windows, black and blue bricks). But I tried to use as many bricks from the games as possible. At the end I had used all of the green and lime bricks and tiles.