Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

EB Ninja Month: Ninja Bomb!

med_gallery_4757_228_181057.png

med_gallery_4757_228_118883.png

Ninja Bomb

It happens to us all, working hard on a masterwork. The magnum opus of our building, an excess of time and parts spent. Then a contest comes along and we’re all built out!

Never fear! You can join in the fun too! Ninjas are masters of concealment, sneaking in and hiding carefully. Hide a ninja (or even ninjas) in your build somewhere and challenge us to find it!

Rules

• Hide a ninja or ninjas within a completed MOC.
  • Take a close-up image of the hiding ninja as a clue to its location. Be reasonable, we do need to find it to judge.
  • Post the close-up image and a link to the MOC in this thread.

Now for the super important entry rules:

• New and complete MOCs only! No WIPs or previously posted MOCs
  • There is no limit to which theme, what kind of MOC or size of MOC you post. Everyone can join the fun of Ninja Month.
  • No official Ninjago figures are required but are preferred.
  • No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  • Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  • One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the ninja’s hiding place.
  • No LDD entries.
  • Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  • No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  • The contest begins now and will end on the (30th October 10:00pm) (GMT). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  • Please note that cheating or rallying your friends, co-workers, and whoever that is not active in Eurobricks but owns an Eurobricks account but wants to vote for the sake of voting in terms will be frowned and may or will be subjected to further inquiry.
  • In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  • Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

Prizes: A choice of our fantastic selection of Tags and maybe a little somethign extra :wink:

cole.pngjay.pngkai.pnglloyd.pngzane.png

Interesting... Can we hide our ninja(s) in a MOC that we build for another contest/community build? Also, can the ninja be edited into the picture or does it actually have to be in the MOC?

It has to physically be in the MOC, it has to be a new MOC but this MOC can be from any other theme, contest or whatever. This contest was designed to let everyone have some fun and join in. :thumbup:

Not that I can enter...

But hypothetically could you use a previously posted moc that has been already posted - if said ninja was already hiding in that previously posted picture?

As in what if I already hid a ninja? :look:

:is difficult: :tongue:

And I'm not suggesting there are hidden ninji in FriendSHIP One ... Just hypothetically discussing... :look:

And I'm not suggesting there are hidden ninji in FriendSHIP One ... Just hypothetically discussing... :look:

Doesn't FriendSHIP One have enough views? :laugh:

You can join in for fun!

All staff are welcome to post something here and I'll keep it out of judging when we finish.

Go nuts guys! :laugh:

Doesn't FriendSHIP One have enough views? :laugh:

No... It doesn't...VOTE SCI-FI!

Though there really is a ninja :laugh:

My apologies if I missed something, but are there no size limits (or requirements)? Also, are you allowed as many pictures in the MOC topic as you want (minimum 2)?

This sounds fun! :thumbup:

Can my ninja be hidden in Hero Factory/Bionicle Mocs?

Aren't the rules clear enough on this?

• There is no limit to which theme, what kind of MOC or size of MOC you post. Everyone can join the fun of Ninja Month.

One question: Will we be judged on the MOC that we hide our ninja in or on how well the ninja is hidden?

You can find my Ninja Bomb entry here.

I can't exactly give you all a hint, because it would then become waaay to obvious :devil:

I think you have to give a hint. It's one of the few rules of this contest. :sceptic: I was about to give up looking for Lloyd when I finally spotted him. Nice job.

I think you linked to the wrong thread. :look:

One question: Will we be judged on the MOC that we hide our ninja in or on how well the ninja is hidden? . . .

Since it seems like it will be voting, it probably will depend on the voter's preference.

PenKid, you could do a close up and hide it under a tag. :wink:

I was hoping to, shall we say, encourage voting on how clever/funny the ninja hiding place is. I mean look at the contest banner. You can see the ninja with ease but there is something pretty comedic about a ninja popping out of a flower bed right? Then again, if you have to go all "Where's Wally" on a MOC, that is pretty awesome too, real ninja hiding technique!

Of course if someone doesn't like the MOC then they'll likely not vote for it.

But to clarify: These entries should be judged on:

Ninja Hiding Awesomeness

LEGO style irreverance and Comedy (like in the LEGO video games)

it's an and or situation really, hence the tags as the main prize.

Remember: This is just a bit of fun :sweet:

I have a question. My entry is a MOC boat that I built and I would like to post it as a separate topic. Should I post it in the pirate or Ninjago forum, or does it even matter?

It belong's in the theme forum that matches the theme of the MOC. Like I said, the ninja is sneaking in and hiding somewhere unexpected :wink:

I'm thinking about hiding a ninja in my Guilds of historica Challenge V MOC, I'm wondering if I can post a WIP photo of the creation, since the rules say:

• New and complete MOCs only! No WIPs or previously posted MOCs

[/Quote]