Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Major forum upgrade being planned

Well, upgrades are certainly exciting news! :excited: I'm looking forward to playing with this new version, especially with its mobile capabilities.

Best of luck to staff with getting this going as well as possible! :classic:

Edited by purpleparadox

Good to know this information.

I hope everything goes well. :thumbup:

3 hours to two days without EB!?!?!? why... WHY... WHY!!!!!!!

Well, at least now we can finally build again ;)

Ick. Not a fan of the "mini-avatars" included in the "last post by" field--any chance that could be disabled?

Other than that, though, I suppose a lot depends on the specifics of the skinning--and the EB team has plenty of expertise in that field. :wink: We're in good hands, even if I end up suffering from severe Heroica withdrawl in the meantime! :laugh:

I have to ask though, will this upgrade affect being able to view old topics/links? I know that when BZPower made the switch to their current setup (which looks a lot like the new Invision board we'll be switching to), there was an issue that no one can look at the archived forum posts without being logged out. Will we have to deal with that as well, or will our topics transfer through just fine with the upgrade?

EDIT: Also, will our PMs be transferred over? I have a fair amount of info and plans saved in PMs at the moment, and I would hate to lose all of that.

Edited by Flipz

I have to ask though, will this upgrade affect being able to view old topics/links?

You'll still be able to view old topics, just like now.

EDIT: Also, will our PMs be transferred over? I have a fair amount of info and plans saved in PMs at the moment, and I would hate to lose all of that.

All PMs will transferred. No content will be lost.

Will the look of EB and navigation change? :wacko:

We were actually planning to replace the entire forum with an identical copy, except Summer of Friends was such a success that we're going to change everything to Hello Kitty instead. Don't tell anyone, it's going to be such a happy surprise! hk2.gif

Here's hoping this won't turn out like the BZPower forum upgrade, where the forums were offline for over five months. :tongue: Good luck. :thumbup:

-Gata signoff.png

We were actually planning to replace the entire forum with an identical copy, except Summer of Friends was such a success that we're going to change everything to Hello Kitty instead. Don't tell anyone, it's going to be such a happy surprise! hk2.gif

BLEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHGGGHHHHH! :sick:

With the upgrade, is there any chance of having a "shoutbox" chat on the bottom of the main forum page?

Its like a instant message box where anyone can write something and chat.

A bunch of the forums I'm on have these and it might be cool if EB had one. :classic:

Only a few hours left until the upgrade!

...This feels like the closing of LEGO Universe all over again. :cry_sad: Thankfully, EB will be around afterward. :cry_happy: See you all on the other side!

Only a few hours left until the upgrade!

...This feels like the closing of LEGO Universe all over again. :cry_sad: Thankfully, EB will be around afterward. :cry_happy: See you all on the other side!

May the Force... be with us... Ackbar.gif

It was good knowing you all. Well, most of you. Honestly, a select few. At least two of you. Three, on a good day. :wink: