Sign in to follow this  
mattman

MOD: 9V Motorized Monster Fighters Ghost Train

Howdy all, I picked this up a couple of days back (super cheap at $59 in Australia, catalogue stuffup FTW). It really just needed to be motorized and as far as I'm aware, noone else has really done this as close to the original set (though there's a few out there).

Basic changes:

-Swapped first 2 axles for 9V motor

-Reduction to 1 pin at both ends of the boiler to allow pivot. Basic re-arrange and a few part subs to allow range of motion.

-Wheels from cars swapped to axle style train wheels

-Cars with wings had the back half of the car shrunk to 2-wide, as the standard layout was too wide to fit on track. Some parts were subbed to make it fit, but the basic design hasn't changed otherwise.

-Chains for hookups, the stock ones don't allow enough side-to-side movement around corners and will derail the train. Standard couplers need to be fairly high to clear the tracks and simply didn't fit the design. I've used this before with a decent degree of success and it fits the ghoulish theme IMO.

-need to get some more of these train wheels as I don't currently have enough to complete the last car (it's just a dupe of the flapping wings one).

And yes I know about my toes :D CBF recording it again lol.

Thanks for watching :D Will add some proper pics tomorrow.

Edit - pics time!

8045031726_ea0aa53a4e.jpg

Monster Fighters Ghost Train (9V) by Matt_Henry_Aus, on Flickr

8045034130_0b3c2e07fe.jpg

8045020465_304d010f62.jpg

Matt

Edited by mattman

Old thread I know but I have used the ideas presented here to convert my own Ghost Train, not complete yet but will post pics once all done, many thanks for this