DarkKnight7

Assassin's Creed Decals

So little time until the AC III arrives. (sorry OT)

Thanks for the old Ezio! It's great! I didn't even notice that he has no cape anymore while playing the game.

I'd like to make a request, could you make the British soldier and British general that are shown in the Assassin's Creed III trailer? I have a render I want to try and pull off. :)

http://www.majhost.c...10h42m02s70.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...0h42m09s170.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...10h48m43s13.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...0h49m30s107.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...10h47m08s56.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...0h47m15s156.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...10h47m59s61.jpg

I know TLG has sort of done these, but I think those might look out of place next to your decals, which are at a different level. If you can help I've got something pretty interesting I think I could pull off!

Sounds great, and I'd love to see it when you finish! Here's the Officer, let me know if these will work for that render or if there's some tweaks or changes you'd like. I don't know if that first face is necessary, but I was experimenting, so don't feel like you have to use it.

I'll try and finish the British Soldiers sometime soon, when I get some more time.

British.Officer1.png

Clear Version:

British.Officer1.Clear.png

Edited by DarkKnight7

I thought I'd even do a quick mockup, to see what it would look like as a figure...not too bad. (By the way, hopefully FireStarToys is okay with me using their image as a source for this mockup)

British.Officer1.Preview.png

I just started with AC III and in the beginning you don't get to play Connor immediately but "Haytham Kenway" (won't post here his role to avoid spoiler). He would make an awesome minifigure, I think. Here are some reference pics via google:

Unbenannt-2.jpgHaytham_Kenway.jpg9266902e23a011e2806d22000a1f9e4d_6.jpg

Edited by PsyKater

Sounds great, and I'd love to see it when you finish! Here's the Officer, let me know if these will work for that render or if there's some tweaks or changes you'd like. I don't know if that first face is necessary, but I was experimenting, so don't feel like you have to use it.

I'll try and finish the British Soldiers sometime soon, when I get some more time.

Clear Version:

Very well done.

Maybe you will also like these pictures, which were done some months before Assasins but are showing exactly British troops also used in the game.

4481317074_f7576fc6ea_z.jpg4499290972_8bc2ef4583_z.jpg4507543160_b31a53b527_z.jpg

Decals can be found here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=417822

(most of the decals are based on important prework from other decal designers)

Edited by woody64

Maybe you will also like these pictures, which were done some months before Assasins but are showing exactly British troops also used in the game.

Thanks for posting those woody. I had forgotten about your excellent decals. I actually have all your American Revolution decals saved on my PC as part of my decal library. My one hesitation about using your decals though is the red colour is slightly different from what DarkKnight7 has used for his officer decal. I've also always been worried about the lower resolution you have... but I did just throw one of your decals into my project (which is sadly coming rather slowly) and it seems to look pretty good. I definatly might be able to use these if DarkKnight7 has other decals he'd rather spend his time on.

8165458117_3b46c39ce6_b.jpg

Wow, this looks good :thumbup::cry_happy: I am excited right now and will ask you every week about your progress :grin::tongue:

Thanks for posting those woody. I had forgotten about your excellent decals. I actually have all your American Revolution decals saved on my PC as part of my decal library. My one hesitation about using your decals though is the red colour is slightly different from what DarkKnight7 has used for his officer decal. I've also always been worried about the lower resolution you have... but I did just throw one of your decals into my project (which is sadly coming rather slowly) and it seems to look pretty good. I definatly might be able to use these if DarkKnight7 has other decals he'd rather spend his time on.

8165458117_3b46c39ce6_b.jpg

Wow, this looks awesome, Jamit! Can't wait to see the whole thing! I think the soldier decals made by Woody64 work well for this, in my opinion, but if you would like me to add some more higher resolution ones, that would be fine, too. As I was looking at these renders of the officer, I notice a few things that I wanted to change, minor but important things (belt width, size of metal neck thing, middle buttons, etc.) as well as I thought I'd create a few more versions of the officer face for you to take (use if you like, thought I'd through a few together quick, as I wasn't really that happy with my original design). Here are the revised officer decals with the newer face as well.

British.Officer1.Faces.Revised.2.png

On a side note, it will be cool to see how Connor looks on your render. By the way, not sure if this helps at all, but there is a 3D version of Connor's axe found on Shapeways here. Not sure if you can contact the creator to request permission to use it (or if you even wanted to), but just a thought, as it looks so close to the real one in the game. Keep up the great work, Jamit!

I just started with AC III and in the beginning you don't get to play Connor immediately but "Haytham Kenway" (won't post here his role to avoid spoiler). He would make an awesome minifigure, I think. Here are some reference pics via google:

Unbenannt-2.jpgHaytham_Kenway.jpg9266902e23a011e2806d22000a1f9e4d_6.jpg

PsyKater, that is a cool looking character, you can bet I'll get around to designing him in the very near future. Thanks for sharing that!

On a side note, I got some test prints of Connor's torso and face, and man do they look crisp! Just have to fine tune the prices, and find the pieces, and the Dark Knight, Assassin's Creed, and a few other designs should be available soon! I'll update you with more as the final prototyping is sent back.

Here's a quick render of the new decal designed of the British Officer from Assassin's Creed to give you an idea. (rough I know...)

British.Officer1.Preview.Revised.png

As I was looking at these renders of the officer, I notice a few things that I wanted to change, minor but important things (belt width, size of metal neck thing, middle buttons, etc.) as well as I thought I'd create a few more versions of the officer face for you to take (use if you like, thought I'd through a few together quick, as I wasn't really that happy with my original design). Here are the revised officer decals with the newer face as well.

For now I'll use woody's decals, I've yet to get to a shot that is a close up of one of the soldiers. When I get that I'll be better able to tell if they'll work. The new belt looks good, I'll update. As for the heads, I haven't quite got there yet, you can probably tell that all the soldiers had the same design. I need to find out which designs I'll use and then turn the designs into an editable mesh so I can animate some expressions.

Connor - Right now I'm not 100% sure all of what you had intended for some of his design elements. Earlier you had posted about the wrap around design from firestartoys.com, is it your plan to still use that? Also, how are the leg decals supposed to be applied? I've never used leg decals before, but it seems the tan would look off if the hips are not tan.

I don't venture into this forum that often, but these are fantastic. I love this game series and I think I need to get some blank figs to make some of these.

Excellent work!

I really like DarkKnights' design of the British.

Since I did that decal some weeks ago I want at least to share it.

assasin3.png

britishassasins.png

Edited by woody64

Wow. This is absolutely amazing :oh:

I love the AC games and it would be epic to see the characters in LEGO-form.

Too bad I don't make customs, so your decals are somewhat 'useless' to me (for lack of a better word, I really mean no offense or harm :blush:) but they are truly terrific :drool:

My favorite is Old Ezio, but then again he's my favorite version of Ezio in the game as well. You did his beard really fantastic :sweet:

The others are also just plain perfect LEGO-representations of their game counterparts.

Jambit, your render is magnificent as well :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Wow. This is absolutely amazing :oh:

I love the AC games and it would be epic to see the characters in LEGO-form.

Too bad I don't make customs, so your decals are somewhat 'useless' to me (for lack of a better word, I really mean no offense or harm :blush:) but they are truly terrific :drool:

My favorite is Old Ezio, but then again he's my favorite version of Ezio in the game as well. You did his beard really fantastic :sweet:

The others are also just plain perfect LEGO-representations of their game counterparts.

Jambit, your render is magnificent as well :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks, Mitch, glad you like them. Well, the good news is I'm in the midst of working out the details of getting these (and my Dark Knight designs) printed and for sale, (not sure which ones...might have to set up a poll soon), which would be perfect for those who don't do the decal thing, like yourself. So, that should be an option soon, hopefully before Thanksgiving week (crossing fingers).

... I'm in the midst of working out the details of getting these (and my Dark Knight designs) printed and for sale

Good option, I always find this decal printing very boring and an option to order could be very helpful ...

For the interested ones in building such figures I've posted some useful items in another thread

Edited by woody64

Thanks, Mitch, glad you like them. Well, the good news is I'm in the midst of working out the details of getting these (and my Dark Knight designs) printed and for sale, (not sure which ones...might have to set up a poll soon), which would be perfect for those who don't do the decal thing, like yourself. So, that should be an option soon, hopefully before Thanksgiving week (crossing fingers).

Ooh, that would be awesome indeed :oh:

I don't suppose you have any idea, yet, concerning prices?

Regards,

Mitch

Ooh, that would be awesome indeed :oh:

I don't suppose you have any idea, yet, concerning prices?

Regards,

Mitch

No, still awaiting a quote on the price for printing, but that comes after the next phase of prototype printing is done, so we will know the cost of everything. To be honest, it looks like these may not realistically be done until December...but I'm hoping for November! As for decals, I should have the back to Old Ezio up soon and Desmond. After that, I'll get started on the Haytham Kenway guy from the new game (pics in thread above).

No, still awaiting a quote on the price for printing, but that comes after the next phase of prototype printing is done, so we will know the cost of everything. To be honest, it looks like these may not realistically be done until December...but I'm hoping for November! As for decals, I should have the back to Old Ezio up soon and Desmond. After that, I'll get started on the Haytham Kenway guy from the new game (pics in thread above).

Are you gonna print on the legs, or are you still considering the cloth option?

Are you gonna print on the legs, or are you still considering the cloth option?

For now, my idea is to print on the front of all of the legs in some part or the other (Altair = print just the red sash, with full white wrap around; Ezio = print on front and side completely; Old Ezio = partial print on front, Lego material wrap around for side and back; and Connor = Front leg printing, back and part side wrap around (with printing on it)). But, I'm not completely sure, really. I like having the detail with the front leg printing, and it looks great from the test prints, but I think there is sometihng missing in the back without some kind of wrap around for Old Ezio and Connor, but especially with Altair. I just have to figure out how to do these custom, where to find the material, and how to make the cutouts in a manner to sell lots of them. Not sure...but, if you or anyone has some good suggestions, or people to refer me to for custom wrap around designs with Lego material, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Personally, I'd love to see a custom wrap around for the legs, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!! :sweet:

Don't worry about when you'll release them, DarkKnight7. I'm sure they'll be worth the wait anyway :wink:

Can't wait to see your Haytham Kenway :sweet:

Regards,

Mitch

Hey guy. how do i print those decal to fit it into a minifig. When i print preview it, the image are too large to fit to a minifig. is there a way so i can resize it as the image are attach together. cant really resize it.

Hey guy. how do i print those decal to fit it into a minifig. When i print preview it, the image are too large to fit to a minifig. is there a way so i can resize it as the image are attach together. cant really resize it.

I use this tutorial here. What I would add to this is to be sure before you resize to crop, if necessary, so that the measured size you enter goes exactly from the right edge of the torso to the left edge of the torso. Some torsos on here are not exactly to the edge, as sometimes I didn't double check. As you can see below, you should crop it right to the edge, if needed. Then, I usually adjusted the size of the width to 0.60 " (inches) and it usually the perfect width, but not always. I would print it out on a regular sheet of paper first, then check it on the fig. If it works, then print on the decal.

Hope that helps.

Decal.Crop.Word.png