Sign in to follow this  
DanSto

[MOC] My own planet : Kashyyyk - Chewbacca - Oevvaor

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Let me show you my last small MOC which takes part of the My Own Planet contest organized by the Hoth Bricks blog.

it displays the Kashyyyk planet where the wookies are coming from (Chewbacca is the most famous one) :

kashyyyk.jpg

and an Oevvaor catamaran :

Oevvaor.png

My MOC :

8031764261_ec2e43fa79_c.jpg

The stand looks bulky because it integrates two micromotors allowing to rotate the planet and the catamaran as shown on the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUqxTkgUlXU

Great MOC; nice job done with this one. I really like how the catamaran turned out and the brick-built Kashyyyk looks quite impressive.

Edited by DarkFader

Very nice work on the brick-built Kashyyyk! :classic: The catamaran is cool too, even if it does seem a tiny bit bigger than most of the Planets models. :shrug_oh_well:

Thanks. If you compare to the pod racer, it is not larger but a little bit longer. At the end, it is hard to say what has fixed the size because I have tried several buildings to come to this version : the propellers played a particular role after I decided to use it and fixed the size of most of the rest. My feeling is that for the planet series, the size is not so crucial (OK it has to be mini scale) and the number of parts (which is around 70 for the catamaran) is more essential (say less than 100).

I really like that you made this a little bigger so that you could make the mini model that much bigger, and then you went the extra mile with those micromotors. The Technic and System elements are also blended perfectly for this mini model. This is the kind of planet set that I could see myself paying the extra money for and keeping on display as it already is, despite the fact that I'm an MOCer and an OT fan. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

The large scale is great. :thumbup: You've captured the cat' nicely, with what appears to be a small number of pieces. Your large planet is great too.

Really cool DanSto! I love the brick built planet, the Catamaran is great too, and the motors are a nice touch. Good luck in the contest! I think you’ll place well. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for your encouraging comments.

My planet has a diameter of 12 studs whereas the lego planet has a diameter of 11 studs : so it is only slightly larger (the contest rules say around 10 cm).

Finally, my MOC finished third (over 67 participants) which is better that what I was expecting :sweet: .

If you are interested into the whole result, have a look to the page on HothBricks. Congratulation to all winners.

A big thanks to Will for organizing such kind of contest.