Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

MOC gaming

Ahoy, sailors of the many bricks!

This morning I'm writing you to ask a question: I've seen some interesting game using MOCs on this forum for gameplay, and I know there's the "Evil Steve's Pirates Game" too; but i don't know if there's one tabletop game (maybe written by you) using the minifig as primary element instead of the ships.

I've once yesterday finished the core rules for a skirmish game, "lego pirates era" (not France against Royal Navy etc.. but Blue Coats vs Red Coats vs Imperial Armada vs Pirates and the opportunity to be a corsair or a merchant), where the main element are minifigs, ships are moving dioramas. This is a beta-version and the campaign mode is still missing, but I hope to test it in a couple days with some friend.. rules are quite simple and maybe this could be a very fast game.

The meaning of my question is to read any other "rulebook" to see if something could be changed or improved in my version (wich I'll surely share on this forum once mostly completed).

This sounds interesting, I know something you might find usefull, I recently ordered some interesting printed tiles, I'm not sure from which set they came from.

Anyway: link

There's also one that sais North, South and West. The Idea is to place those tiles on a lego Dice (But I'm guessing they originally appeared on a dice in whatever set they are from)

Seems pretty cool for navigating ships :pir-classic:

Edited by Sebeus I

This comes helpful, all of the game turns around the classic 1d6 and maybe using the lego dice... thanks!

Edit: found and added those tiles to my order, also added a lego dice, hope to share the first beta, with some gameplay shots, the next week.

Edited by Matteo1130

Play brikwarz, dude!

Uhm... maybe i'm playing brikwars with my (HUGE) star wars collection :) what i'm searching now is a different game wich allows me a little simulating, but still remains a "game".

I understand exactly what you mean. Brikwars is a great game, but I don't think it really works for a specific time period such as Pirates. (Historical free for all though, it is great.) I'm having some success basing some new rules off of Warhammer, but I completely feel your pain. PM me if you want to brainstorm a few ideas.

This would be great, I've made almost a full rulebook, i'm gonna try it and then traduce in english.. and then I'll be glad to share, or PM all of the working and non working things..