Pandora

Mafia School: Police Infiltration - Day One

Lesson Three: Voting

After 24 hours into the Day phase, players can vote for one player they would like to see lynched. Voting is done in the following format only:

Vote: Character Name (Player Name)

Similarly, unvoting should to be done as follows:

Unvote: Character Name (Player Name)

If you want to change your vote, you are required to unvote before you vote for someone else. Incorrect votes or unvotes will not be counted. Remember that, even though the Day thread may not be locked yet, the Day effectively ends as soon as a majority vote is reached. Unvotes after a majority vote has been reached are therefore not counted.

Rules regarding voting differ from game to game, so be sure to read the rules carefully when you play an Advanced Game. In a standard Mafia School game you can vote and unvote as much as you like and a majority is required for a lynch.

Look, the most "suspicious" things that have happened today (since the murder this morning, that is) have apparently been a wink default_blink.gif and some sweeping. Clearly, we don't have much to go on. As such, I don't think we should be jumping to any conclusions or making any rash votes. Perhaps we're all just a bit shaken up from what happened to the chief. default_cry4.gif Hold me, Gary Jr.!

That said, why the rush to a vote, Isaac?

...That and Adam messing with the urine analysis stuff...

I agree, there should be no rush to vote people off quite yet. It might not even be a good idea to vote the first day at all, because unless there are a lot of mafia in here, we're likely to nail an innocent first. Of course then we give them a chance tonight to knock off one of us, which means they get a head start... Not that they don't already have one by knowing who each other are...

And Andrea, please stop worrying, it's rather annoying and doesn't help us get anything done. If you're going to get in the way, maybe find a nice place to sit down away from everyone else, and just breathe.

I agree, there should be no rush to vote people off quite yet. It might not even be a good idea to vote the first day at all, because unless there are a lot of mafia in here, we're likely to nail an innocent first. Of course then we give them a chance tonight to knock off one of us, which means they get a head start... Not that they don't already have one by knowing who each other are...

No, the lynch is our greatest weapon, must use it whenever possible. Not lynching today gives the Mafia a free kill and turns today into a chill-out for them, puts us at a instant disadvantage. Even if we do not grab a scum today, gives us some basis to analyse and work tommorow. Whatever happens, a lynch is imperative.

We don't have coffee, or do you mean this black sludge which comes out of this cheap machine?

:hmpf_bad:

Well, a lot has happened recently. And soon we start our vote. It may be a good time for everyone to state why they shouldn't receive votes.

As dumb as this is (I'm not going to echo others though) maybe some of us using our votes to get others talking wouldn't be such a terrible idea? I'll give people a chance to show up, but unless something big comes up, I think that might be how I'll use mine. :sceptic:

Can we please stop all this talk about coffee? I. Hate the stuff.

:cry_sad:

You seemed rather eager to start the lynch early, sweeps. I think I heard my scumdar emit a little beep.

But yes, lunnches - err, lynches - are imperative. I agree with Steelyface McDetectiveguy.

Lucnh is imperative too, dagnabbit. I got more food when I was in a cell.

Vote: Isaac (TrumpetKing67)

He seems suspicious to me, and his comment that a lot has happened makes me feel suspicious.

Mod Note

With 16 players, 9 votes are needed for a majority.

Vote: Isaac (TrumpetKing67)

He seems suspicious to me, and his comment that a lot has happened makes me feel suspicious.

While I admire your forthrightness, I'll not be voting myself yet. There are a few things that I have to sort first. But, like it or not, Isaac's little slip may have been an insight into what he is going on behind the scenes. It's things like this that we'll have to look out for, remarks out of line like these could easily be the quick words of a careless scumbag hoping to appear helpful.

Another one who has earned themselves a note in my books, is Phyllis. While her ideas may seem innocent, I've seen very many times like this before where the mobsters have tried to stop a lynch. It's all very nice for her to sneak in a little suggestion for us, we've got to be careful of things like this. Just consider yourself under my watch, girl.

Sirs, how many hours do we have left in the day?

Sirs, how many hours do we have left in the day?

The Rules

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will usually last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

"Time to borrow something I saw from that old Nebula Battle movie, Space Monk Monastery:

Finger of Suspicion: Phyllis (Supercficial Username)[/b]

No lynches are suspicious. What say you? This finger may become a vote if your defense doesn't seem sincere."

With nothing solid to go on , I'm going to go with my gut, and some simple deduction.

Vote Jean (Endgame)

This man can hardly comprehend the English language, obviously had little to no schooling, probably to busy running with gangs and the like.

Don't let his petty rap sheet fool you, this is most likely just a cover to get him in the fold.

Now I don't pretend to have all the answers but if you too have these doubts about Jean , you must consider him as a potential killer.

With nothing solid to go on , I'm going to go with my gut, and some simple deduction.

Vote Jean (Endgame)

This man can hardly comprehend the English language, obviously had little to no schooling, probably to busy running with gangs and the like.

Don't let his petty rap sheet fool you, this is most likely just a cover to get him in the fold.

Now I don't pretend to have all the answers but if you too have these doubts about Jean , you must consider him as a potential killer.

"Okay, what.

Whippersnapper, you've jumped the gun. Real bad. If a tendency to get your tongue tied is what it takes here to be incrimated for a murdered, then dagnabbit what is wrong with this world?!

The rest of your reasons are incredibly etchy at best (and better then you deserve), completely unfounded and iffy. Gut feelings are fine, but you better have some evidence to go with em. Attacking me for such foolish deductions? Disgraceful.

Vote: Ian (Tazmaniac)"

"Okay, what.

Whippersnapper, you've jumped the gun. Real bad. If a tendency to get your tongue tied is what it takes here to be incrimated for a murdered, then dagnabbit what is wrong with this world?!

The rest of your reasons are incredibly etchy at best (and better then you deserve), completely unfounded and iffy. Gut feelings are fine, but you better have some evidence to go with em. Attacking me for such foolish deductions? Disgraceful.

Vote: Ian (Tazmaniac)"

Yes my accusations may be sketchy at best, but at this early stage of the game sketchy will have to do. For you to return the vote is a little suspect ,by all means defend yourself but don't attack me merely on the basis that I have tried to get the ball rolling.

If you vote for me,do so in the knowledge that you'll be voting of one of the good guys.

Yes my accusations may be sketchy at best, but at this early stage of the game sketchy will have to do. For you to return the vote is a little suspect ,by all means defend yourself but don't attack me merely on the basis that I have tried to get the ball rolling.

If you vote for me,do so in the knowledge that you'll be voting of one of the good guys.

"You can't try to guil-trip me. Getting the ball going is one thing: you should use the Finger of Suspicion for that. Blatanatly attacking someone for no good reason is scummy at best. Atleast try to bluff and remotely sensible reason if you are truly innocent, lad!"

"You can't try to guil-trip me. Getting the ball going is one thing: you should use the Finger of Suspicion for that. Blatanatly attacking someone for no good reason is scummy at best. Atleast try to bluff and remotely sensible reason if you are truly innocent, lad!"

I have no need to bluff, your whole thought process on this matter seems scummy, I have nothing to hide, unlike your rediculous beard.

I have no need to bluff, your whole thought process on this matter seems scummy, I have nothing to hide, unlike your rediculous beard.

My thought process? I guess saying jut try if you're going to make a vote? You're throwing vote around for no reason. How is that not scummy?

My thought process? I guess saying jut try if you're going to make a vote? You're throwing vote around for no reason. How is that not scummy?

Rather then point the finger back at me maybe you could convince me and the other fine ladies and gentlemen in this room on your innocence?

Maybe not?

Rather then point the finger back at me maybe you could convince me and the other fine ladies and gentlemen in this room on your innocence?

Maybe not?

So YOU can make completely unfounded claims to "get the ball rolling", admitting we have nothing to go off of but microscopic and probably insignificant details, and now you want me to pull out a 100% validity of my innocence? Bah, lawyers.

I'll play your game. Your very scummy action was directed at me - in other words, to lynch me. This would point to you being scum. A scum would never point the finger at his own. Therefore, I am innocent.

You're hounding me for absolutley no good reason, and I will use these attacks against me to prove my innocence.

I have to say that those who wanted us to start voting now do seem a bit suspicious. Right now, we have nothing significant to examine and decide who is part of the mafia.

Ian also seems somewhat strange, for voting for Jean just because of his lack of good English. :grin: Do you have any more to say, Ian?

I have to say that those who wanted us to start voting now do seem a bit suspicious. Right now, we have nothing significant to examine and decide who is part of the mafia.

Ian also seems somewhat strange, for voting for Jean just because of his lack of good English. :grin: Do you have any more to say, Ian?

I was just trying to gauge a response from our bearded friend, I still have plenty of time to retract my vote.

The fact no one jumped on the band wagon when I started a vote would seem to suggest I have no accomplices , but now that Jared has piped up in defence of Jean, one has to wonder if they may be in kahoots..... It warrants mention.

I like to probe people, it's what I do, sure it makes people uncomfortable but that's what gets the answers.

I was just trying to gauge a response from our bearded friend, I still have plenty of time to retract my vote.

The fact no one jumped on the band wagon when I started a vote would seem to suggest I have no accomplices , but now that Jared has piped up in defence of Jean, one has to wonder if they may be in kahoots..... It warrants mention.

I like to probe people, it's what I do, sure it makes people uncomfortable but that's what gets the answers.

You're kidding.

You make a vote with no basis, saying it is your gut feeling and all you have, and then suggest when somone else has the some notion, they are scum.

Seriously? Sonny, go back to law school.

My my boys, you are quite hasty. We need to look at all of the evidence, which I agree there isn't much, before we come to a decision.

My my boys, you are quite hasty. We need to look at all of the evidence, which I agree there isn't much, before we come to a decision.

I completely agree with what you have said. :sweet: And Ian, I'm just saying that there is just no need to accuse anyone so soon when there's so little evidence. Surely that can't suggest that I'm working together win Jean?

By "A lot has happened" I mean drama-wise.a lot of accusations, some of which are just silly, but are fine. I apologize if I seem supiscious, I'm just doing what a janitor does. As for now, my vote will be

Vote: Jean (Endgame)

He also seems strange. Keep in mind that not once did I say we should use votes to get some talking, but I just asked for some defences to help decide the vote. I may change my decision, but this is where I stand.

I have no idea on who to vote for, as this is the first day and not much has been accomplished. I do feel like Jean is suspicious, but you are also suspicious Isaac. At the moment, everyone seems a bit suspicious to me, but some a bit more than most. But there just isn't enough to go on to make me think I should vote yet.