Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

Sudden upshoot in HP lego set values?

Good day everyone.

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through the costs of lego set 4840 The burrow-purely out of interest. And the prices seemed to be very reasonable for quit a nice set rangeing from £35-£55 depending on various aspects. Now though around a week to ten days later and the prices have gone through the roof!!! I saw one recently MISB go for over £100, About double last weeks prices!!!

£100 BURROW!!!

Also many of the other 2011 HP sets seem to have gone up in value. Is there a reason for this sudden dramatic increase? :sweet:

Edited by The Joker1

This isn't "sudden", the Burrow and the Hogwarts Express and no longer available from TLG and thus, they've increased in value by quite a bit. The other 2010 sets seems to have been carried over (Hagrid's Hut, Hogwarts Castle) and as such haven't begun the appreciation cycle.......

Also many of the other 2011 HP sets seem to have gone up in value. Is there a reason for this sudden dramatic increase? :sweet:

Is just because they've become discontinued, many sets tend to do this. :thumbup:

Is just because they've become discontinued, many sets tend to do this. :thumbup:

Indeed. Additionally, licensed themes based on popular entertainment franchises such as Harry Potter have their own fanbases completely aside from LEGO lovers, so those sets also attract other buyers who otherwise wouldn't care about LEGO sets.

That said, it's notable how many of the 2010 Harry Potter sets are actually still widely available in stores anyway.

Yeah you can still get almost all the Potter sets everywhere and usually for decent deals.

I'm not sure the after market is going to be that great for them this time with nothing remotely Potter-like on the horizon. I'm actually quite surprised how quick our Harry has fallen out of the public's conscious.

Sign in to follow this