megs

Coming soon: The LEGO Adventure Book

Hello everyone, I don’t want this to be an advert- I just wanted to have a thread here in case you guys had any questions regarding my upcoming LEGO Book: The LEGO Adventure Book.

7883502750_6fdaf4ce36_m.jpg

The LEGO® Adventure Book: Cars, Castles, Dinosaurs, and More is a new 200 page hard cover ‘unofficial’ LEGO book by former LEGO Designer and AFOL Megan Rothrock (megs on brickshelf and megzter1 on Flickr) and published by No Starch Press (who brought us The Cult of LEGO). Megan has gathered some of the top LEGO builders from around the globe to be featured in what she hopes is the unofficial sequel to the classic 6000: LEGO Idea Book. She has even tracked down one of the former LEGO Designers of the original book and the new book features MOCs he has built since retiring.

What is The LEGO® Adventure Book about?

Follow mini-figure Megs as she journeys into different worlds, meets awesome AFOLs and explores their LEGO building techniques! Learn some of their closely guarded secrets, read Building Journal entries to gain a deeper insight into how each of them approaches LEGO model design and there's at least one complete model breakdown (photographic instructions might describe this better) from each builder too. There's everything from small brick by brick builds to more complex model breakdowns of hard to build AFOL masterpieces. Whether you are a seasoned AFOL builder or just getting into LEGO, there is something in The LEGO® Adventure Book for everyone.

one of the pages from my book: Steam Loco model by Carl Greatrix (bricktrix).

7883419482_8173576a93.jpg

You can check out more of the pages here:

LEGO Adventure Book

Happy Building-

Megan

I have preordered a copy but believe it is softcoverd. I have since seen advertised a hardbacked version so may need to get that one instead or as well.

I'm mainly interested in the Castle stuff - is the medieval stuff mainly focused on a village or does it include towers, battlements, keeps etc?

I have preordered a copy but believe it is softcoverd. I have since seen advertised a hardbacked version so may need to get that one instead or as well.

Hi Brett - I asked Megan - the author - she tells me the publisher told her there are only hardcovers at this point, so you should be fine!

Out of curiosity: What made you actually write this book?

You will find the answer to that in the book. Take a look at the preview pages on Amazon. The book has a story as well as lots of photos and instructions in it (Disclosure, like Nabii above I'm one of the featured builders)

Edited by Solitary Dark

Lovely! :thumbup: How can I get that book? Is Amazon the only ( and best ) option for a polish guy?

Hi Mazin,

You can find my book on:

Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.de

Amazon.com

some book stores (Barns and Noble in USA)

Also I will be having a book signing at LEGO Fanwelt in Germany this weekend-along with 2 featured builders from the book (nolnet and L@go)!

If you are going- stop by our LEGO Adventure Book table.

cheers-

Megan

Thank you!

That's a very nice info backup You did for me :thumbup::sweet:

I don't think I could make it to Germany, but will try to get Your book from one of these websites and get an autograph on another occasion. :sweet:

Mazin

Edited by Mazin