Sign in to follow this  
Nikola Bathory

That's my new avatar. Now it's probably just a problem on my side, but just to be 100% sure, the avatar Is the image at the upper left of my posts, correct?

Yes.

This has happened to me before. When you upload an image from your computer to your avatar (not an offsite image), it just comes up as the one you had before, right? I found that if you fiddle around with it for a while (use different images, remove your avatar for a while, etc.) it usually resolves itself. If worst comes to worst, you could always just upload the image offsite (Brickshelf, Flickr, etc.).

And I have no idea how Doc can see your new avatar. I can only see your old one. :wacko: What browser are you using? I've found that in Firefox (the one I'm using right now) I can only see your old avatar, but in Safari, I can see your new one.

And I have no idea how Doc can see your new avatar. I can only see your old one. :wacko: What browser are you using? I've found that in Firefox (the one I'm using right now) I can only see your old avatar, but in Safari, I can see your new one.

Then that would probably be because I'm using Safari. Try clearing your cache.

Alrighty, I've found the problem. Clearing the cache will fix it if you're using Firefox.

EDIT: Bah, Doc beat me to it. :tongue:

Edited by Tamamono

This is a simple cache issue. Since the question has been answered let me explain why this happens.

When you upload your new avatar and the page finishes loading and you see your old avatar still, simply click the refresh button in your browser (or F5 on Windows) and it will show. The problem is your browser keeps a cache of all the images to help load pages faster, if you upload an avatar of a different size from your previous one, you'll notice when the page loads your old avatar will display but look distorted. The browser is smart enough to know that the dimensions changed but it is still using the cached image, a page refresh is all you need. If by chance a refresh doesn't work, clearing your cache will.

Hi!

I tried to change my avatar picture. I deleted/removed the old one and uploaded a new one. The new avatars size in pixels and kb are both ok. I double checked that. Still when I save changes the old avatr appears re-sized! No matter what I try the new avatar won't show.

Please help!

I have the same problem. I'll retry to change the avatar in the evening, if it won't help, I'll delete cache & cookies.

It may be a browser issue, try refreshing a few times after changing your avatar. :thumbup:

Thanks!

A single F5 solved the problem :sweet:

I feel retarded that I didn't think of this myself :laugh:

Thanks!

A single F5 solved the problem :sweet:

I feel retarded that I didn't think of this myself :laugh:

It happens to us all.

You can usually tell if by chance the size of your new avatar is different from your old one, as it will show your old one stretched in the new avatars dimensions.

Refresh for the win.

Hello, everyone.

I am fairly new, and I am curious as to whether or not anyone can help me with a question I have on Eurobricks as I could not find the answers anywhere else.

The question is........(Insert drum roll here)

How do you make an avatar under your post name?

I apologize if this is basic technology but I never did much Tech at my school. Also, I have a tendency to overlook and miss things, so if there was a topic explaining this, then I am sorry for missing that. :blush:

Thanks!

My Settings (from the little box in the upper right corner).

Click on the "Profile" tab, you can change your avatar there. You can also upload your picture that people will see when they look at your profile.

My Settings (from the little box in the upper right corner).

Click on the "Profile" tab, you can change your avatar there. You can also upload your picture that people will see when they look at your profile.

Oh, ok. Thanks, but I'm surprised I didn't think of that before..... :blush:

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I had just one more simple question. How do you PM another member? I am wondering because I would like to join the next upcoming mafia school if I receive the chance.

Edited by TrumpetKing67

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized I had just one more simple question. How do you PM another member? I am wondering because I would like to join the next upcoming mafia school if I receive the chance.

In the little box in the upper-right corner, click your name to see a drop-down list. Click on "Messenger" to go to the PM screen. Click "Compose New" to start a new PM conversation. (at your rank, you can only PM one member, but at higher ranks, you can PM multiple members in one 'conversation')

Alternatively, you can click the PM button under a member's rank on the left (email_open.png) to bring up a popup window to send a quick PM without all the extra options.

In the little box in the upper-right corner, click your name to see a drop-down list. Click on "Messenger" to go to the PM screen. Click "Compose New" to start a new PM conversation. (at your rank, you can only PM one member, but at higher ranks, you can PM multiple members in one 'conversation')

Alternatively, you can click the PM button under a member's rank on the left (email_open.png) to bring up a popup window to send a quick PM without all the extra options.

Thanks for all the help everyone! It has really gotten everything straightened out for me.

Usually 10 posts solves most people's problems.

I don't get what you mean by that. Are you referring to how a member is restricted from some stuff until they have made ten posts? Or just the fact that I like to hank people for everything they say that is helpful to me, which is why I've posted so much in my own topic? :tongue:

I don't get what you mean by that. Are you referring to how a member is restricted from some stuff until they have made ten posts? Or just the fact that I like to hank people for everything they say that is helpful to me, which is why I've posted so much in my own topic? :tongue:

Yes, there are features that members under ten posts can't access. PMing is one of them. (to cut down on the amount of spamming that can be done)

I was referring to the fact that when you get to 10 posts you can then use the PM system and see profiles which are the two most asked questions from new members.

I was referring to the fact that when you get to 10 posts you can then use the PM system and see profiles which are the two most asked questions from new members.

Oh, I see now. I think I have all of my questions cleared up now, but if I have more, then I will post them.

Hello!

I am attempting to change my avatar, but my avatar isn't changing after several times following the process. May I recieve help? Thanks :classic:

Hello!

I am attempting to change my avatar, but my avatar isn't changing after several times following the process. May I recieve help? Thanks :classic:

Looks like it worked after all. Maybe you should refresh the page: hit Ctrl-F5.

Hi all!

This is my first time creating a new topic! I just created my Eurobricks account yesterday, and am very excited to be able to participate in the Forums community!

I have been attempting to upload a profile picture, but it keeps on saying that the maximum file size is 100 kb. However, whenever I reduce the amount of pixels in the image and upload it, it appears that it has successfully been uploaded, but instead it just shows black. The picture that I want to be my profile pic does have black around the edges, so it may have been automatically cropped somehow, but when I go to "adjust the cropped image", the cropping tool is simply blank, with a moving dotted line. When I try to resize the blankness, the selection becomes a thin rectangle at the top of the cropping tool. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything incorrectly, so please point out any mistakes I might have made or things I might have done wrong!

Thanks!

-Automaton Creations

P.S.

When I was creating my account (i.e. username, email, password), the site asked me a "challenge question" to make sure that I wasn't a spammer. The question that I was given was something along the lines of "What has been the worst LEGO theme so far?". I think that the answer to that question can be a matter of opinion. I entered some of my best guesses (Jack Stone, Bionicle), but none of my guesses were correct. Eventually, I was given another question, which I got right, but I'm not sure if that should be one of the "challenge questions". Everyone has their own least favorite LEGO theme, but the only correct answer to the challenge question was that of the person who came up with the challenge questions. Could this question be changed somehow, to make it easier for people?

Welcome to Eurobricks. I have reset your profile picture. I have no idea what went wrong, but I'd advise you to do all the resizing, cropping, etc. before uploading and save your profile picture in JPEG format with a maximum resolution of 100 x 100 pixels.